Status: Bananas

Our Pain Will Shine a Light

Reunions

Chapter 18
Ashley's POV
Two weeks later

I was pacing in the living room and Andy was watching me with an amused look on his face.

"Autumn, I need to talk to you," I said sitting down and grabbing his hand.

"What is it?" He asked, going serious.

"I got my first paycheck today."

"Oh that's great, how much?"

"752."

"That's even better news! Why do you look so panicked? Shouldn't you be happy about that?"

"Yes, but I hope you're happy with what I have to tell you." His face got even more serious, and I exhaled. "I called your parents and they agreed to come here. They just landed at an Airport in Bakersfield."

"Just landed? Bakersfield? Ashley! That's two hours away! Why are you just now telling me?"

"Because I thought you'd run. Please Andrew. Your mom cried because I told her that you were sober. She's proud, and she wants to see you."

"Ashley, you went behind my back!"

"For you Andy!"

"It doesn't fucking matter! Did you tell them that you were my boyfriend?"

"No, but I thought you said they were accepting!"

"They are Ashley! It's just that—ugh! I can't fucking stand you sometimes, you know that right?"

"Andy, I'm just trying to help."

"Yeah, well I didn't ask for it."

He looked at me for a reply, but I didn't say anything which resulted in him rushing to our room. I sighed and got up to follow him. The door was shut, but I wasn't going to barge in. Yeah, it was kinda my room, I know, but I know he's upset.

"Andrew, can I come in."

"No." He said. There was a crack in his voice so I knew he was crying.

"I'm not listening to you

There was nothing, so I opened the door. He was sitting cross legged on my bed, holding a pillow to his face.

"I said you couldn't come in."

"I know. But I did because I care about you."

"I–I know."

"What are you so afraid of Andrew?"

"Ashley, I just randomly left my parents and came California. I basically gave up what I loved for that stupid fucking drug."

"But you also quit because of love."

He looked at me with his eyes wide. Did I say I loved him? No I didn't. I just said he gave it up because of love not I love you.

"Ashley I—"

"All I'm saying is that in your mind you were thinking of your parents and Matt. They made you quit."

He looked at me for a moment and nodded.

"You're right. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I know you're just trying to help."

"It's alright Autumn. Go clean yourself up. We're going out tonight."

"For dinner? No, I'm not letting you spend your first pay check on them."

"I'm not. I'm spending it for you. I'm putting away $200 for bills too."

"That only leaves you with $400 something."

"Then I'll put away another 200 for savings and the rest will go towards gas and that shopping spree that I'm taking you on."

"Ashley you don't—"

"Don't tell me how to spend my money boy." I teased.

He smiled and put his hands on my cheeks.

"Have I ever thanked you? I know it doesn't seem like it, but that day I met you has changed me a lot. I'm really appreciative."

"As am I. Now go on, take a shower."

"Alright."

He got off of the bed and rummaged though my things, looking for something to wear.

"Can I wear this?"

"Don't know why you ask, but yes. That blue brings out your eyes."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Now go!"

"Sorry sorry."

He bent down to grab a pair of his jeans and underwear and pranced out of the room. I sighed and rubbed my hands though my hair. That boy is a lot to put up with.

I left the area and went to the living room to clean up a little. It really wasn't messy, but a couple of pillows were tossed here and there. I tidied up a little and sprayed the couches with Febreze. They didn't really smell bad, but there's nothing wrong with extra precautions.

Andy takes 45 minute showers, and it takes him time to do his hair. I guess I'll just wait here.

____________________________________

It's been exactly 45 minutes and Andy's still in the bathroom. I yelled to check on him, and he said he was finishing up. Part of me is scared to meet his parents, but I was so caught up in my thoughts that the knock on the door scared me.

Jumping up and making sure everything was at its best, I turned off the tv and opened the door. A tall man with dark hair, and a woman with light hair stood at the door.

"Ashley Purdy?" The woman asked.

"Yes. Mr. and Mrs. Biersack? Come in. Andrew's still—"

"Ash, I'm still really nervous. Do you know where they are n–"

I turned to him and saw him standing still, his hands by his side, his eyes wide. His mother hand a hand over her mouth, probably to keep the sobs from escaping.

"Andrew." His dad said breathless.

"Mom. Dad."

The three stared for only a second, and they were running towards each other. I couldn't tell if it was Andy or his mom but someone was sobbing.

"Oh honey, I've been so worried. I missed you so much Andrew."

I stood there akwardly watching them reunite. Though I felt uncomfortable, I was happy for him. Andrew was the one crying the hardest. I'd never heard him cry so hard, but they were tears of joy. After a while Andy pulled away from them and wiped his mother's eyes.

"I'm okay mom. I'm okay."

He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Have a seat." I suggested. Andy's parents moved to the couch but Andy followed me to the love seat.

"Mom, Dad, this is Ashley as I assume you know. I met him a little over three months ago. A lot has happened and I wouldn't be where I am without him. I've been clean this whole time too."

"I'm so proud of you son." His dad said.

"Matt is sober too. He's been in rehab."

"Good for him. What else has been going on?

"Nothing really."

It was silent for a second then Andy's dad noticed his base sitting in the corner.

"I can't believe you kept it."

"Why wouldn't I? That was one of my favorite gifts."

Andy smiled and put a hand on my leg. He looked at me, grabbed my hand, and kissed it.

"And me and Ashley are a couple. We got together like a week after we met."

"Love at first sight?" His mom asked, looking glassy eyed again.

"I wouldn't say that mom, but I do see a future with me and Ash."

"That's great sweetie. I'm so proud of you." She said, her voice cracking at the end.

She started to cry again and her husband embraced her. Andy looked at me, happiness in his eyes.

"Mom, there's no need to cry anymore."

"I know. I can't help it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi. I did't proof read this, but whatever. Hope you're all doing well. Thanks for reading. I love you all.