Status: Bananas

Our Pain Will Shine a Light

Acquaintanceship

Andy

Apartment 26. Here it is. I stepped up to the door and knocked. There was no answer. Again I knocked and I was about to leave when someone came up behind me with some bags. It was the Ashley guy.

"Oh hey. Sorry. Went to the store."

He sat some of the bags down and looked for his key to unlock the door. He picked up more bags and made his way in.

"Er, anything I can do to help?" I asked.

"Just put all of the dairy on the second shelf, but put the cheese and butter on the side."

I nodded and started helping him. He started to talk.

"So as you know I'm Ashley. I spoke with my friend, and we get into the club free. He goes by Jinxx. He plays violin in the club's classical band. He's pretty cool, and he knows the owner. He'll probably make you stay after hours and sweep up the place."

"Um okay..."

He laughed a bit.

"You're one of those socially awkward kids aren't you. It's okay. If you're around me long enough that'll change."

I nodded again, not to sure what to say.

"You hungry Andy? I have a lot as you can tell."

I cringed at the name Andy. I don't like it when people call me that. It reminds me too much of home.

"Please just call me Dennis."

"Oh sorry. I just really like Andy. How'd your parents come along with that one. Where you named after someone or no? Hey where'd you get Dennis anyway? And speaking of your parents—"

This guy had a lot of questions and I didn't like it.

"I don't talk to much about my personal life, but if you must know my full name is Andrew Dennis Biersack. I wasn't named after anyone and Dennis from my middle name. Don't ask me where I got Westover. Haven't spoke to my parents since I left Ohio."

"Oh. Cool. Well I'm Ashley Purdy. My family's Irish that's why my name's Ashley. Grew up in Missouri, moved to San Francisco, and now I'm here in LA. I'm in between jobs right now, but I'm trying."

Again I nodded. He just laughed and threw something in the microwave.

"So how long have you and Matt known each other?" I asked.

"Uh...don't know actually. It's been a while. I'd say since he's been to LA."

"I knew you were the guy who passed out the stuff, but I'd never seen you before."

Shifting his eyes to the microwave he's shrugged.

"Don't know. Guess god just decided to make us meet each other."

I chuckled a little.

"So you're a Christian?"

"Hm?"

"You're a Christian? You said god decided to make us meet each other."

"Oh...well I don't know actually. My best friend is one of those really holy women and I guess she just rubbed off on me."

"Do you go to church and stuff?"

"Nah. Don't have the time. Plus if I am qualified as a Christian then I'm not a strict one. I just believe in doing what you love."

"I used to hate that about my parents. They were the most holy people in the world. They hated anyone who's religion differed from theirs and they couldn't stand gays."

"Ah..."

"You're not a homophobe or anything like that right?"

"Who me? Nope. Don't really care what you do."

"Cool. I'm bisexual myself. Never been with a guy but I'm curious"

The microwave beeped, and he took out the dish. When he removed the plastic my nose filled with the smells of mashed potatoes and steak. I involuntarily licked my lips. He grabbed a fork and shoved the food my way.

"N–no thanks. I'm fine. Don't want to take your food."

"You're hungry. I can tell. My mom used–" he stopped himself Mid sentence and awkwardly pushed the plate closer.

"What was that?"

"N–nothing. Here. There's waters and juice in the refrigerator."

I just looked blankly at him. He stared back just as equally.

"You know, one thing Matt says that I do very well is distinguish a lie from the truth. I mean. You said nothing, but it's clearly something. And you went really quiet. That's another skill of mine. Someone like you is always talkative so it's easy to tell when something makes you uncomfortable. I don't really care about what you had to say, but you can trust me. I'm good at keeping secrets. Only you and Matt know that my real name is Andy."

It was true. Living on the streets can teach you a lot about human behavior. Ashley just stood there. I could tell that he was still uncomfortable because he still remained quitet.

"Whatever dude. Thanks for the food. I'll just drink a water to wash it down." I laughed turning around.

I sat at the little table of his with my food. He had disappeared someone where. I didn't bother to look. I was done with my food and stood up.

"Hey Ashley! Where's your garbage can?!"

"It's over there." He responded right behind me.

I jumped a little. I didn't know that he was over there.

"My mom used to at that if you jump when someone makes their presents know is because you're doing something you shouldn't."

"I wasn't."

"I know. I proved that theory wrong a while ago. Humans are just afraid of their own shadows sometimes."

"Smart way of thinking Mr. Purdy."

"Thanks And–Ah sorry. Dennis."

I rolled my eyes. He's just as bad as Matt.

"You can call me Andy. Just not in public."

He just smiled at me. I tilted my head to the side sorta like a confused dog.

"You're all quiet again. What's bothering you."

He gave a laugh but it wasn't cheerful.

"I don't mean to offend you, but I don't know you kid. I don't even know why you're in my house, but we're not friendly enough to share personal information. The only reason you're here is because Matt wants me to help you. My mom told me once that not everyone has good intentions and that I shouldn't be so fast to trust."

"Your mother sounds like a smart woman. I can also tell that that's what's bothering you. You gonna give and tell me?"

"No."

"Okay then. Fine."

"Fine."

I yawned and stretched.

"What time do we need to be at this club?"

"Two hours." He responded.

"Ugh. Mind if I take a nap. I can crash on the floor."

"No. You're welcome to take the couch."

"Thanks dude."

I made my way to the small area and plopped down on the couch.

"TV not work?"

"Nope. Can't afford cable."

"Oh okay then...well. Wake me up when it's time."

"Will do..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again readers! Sorry this is so short. I'm on a schedule here and I had actually lost my writing. I found it, but yeah I was gonna write more but then I got tired but I wanted to upload. This is basically an introduction to Andy's POV. More to come and hopefully longer. Thank everyone and I love you all!