Status: Bananas

Our Pain Will Shine a Light

Compensation

Chapter 8
Andy's POV

"You're really fucking stupid, you know that Andrew?" Matt complained, dragging me through the streets.

"Gee thanks. Not like I have feelings, you know."

"I don't care. Ashley's a great guy, I get it, but you and I both know that as long as you keep shooting meth, you're not going to work."

"Who says I won't stop?" He laughed, and it was heartless to say the least. "You know Matt, I'm so fucking tired of people like you underestimating me. I can change, and I will just to prove you wrong!"

"People like me? We're the same person Andy. There's no way out."

"We are not the same person! I don't just going around giving myself to anyone who pays."

"That's not always how it goes, you know."

"What are you talking about?"

"You'll see."

I stopped in my tacks, waiting for him to turn around.

"Matt, what's going on?"

"We have to get to the club in 30 minutes. Let's go."

"Matt, I don't want to. You're scaring me."

"You're coming or your not. Either way, the same thing will happen. Please just come with me."

"Fine, but I'm telling Ashley where we're going," Before I could send the message, Matt took my phone and shoved it in his pocket, "Alright you're really scaring me now. I'm not going."

I turned around and started to run, trying to find a place to hide. What the hell was his problem? Eventually, I found a pay phone and started to dial Ashley's number when a hand was put over my mouth, and I was pulled into a car. I started to yell for help when one of the guys slapped me across my face.

"Shut up and be still or it'll be much harder for you."

"Who the fuck are you? What is this?"

Before my question could be answered the door opened again and Matt was crawling in.

"Don't ask. You'll know when we get there. Here's your notebook by the way."

He threw it to me, and it landed in my lap. I didn't even realize that I dropped it. I looked at him then I looked at the other faces in the car. What did I get myself into?

_____________________________________

The car ride was about 45 minutes, and we finally got let out, but we were pushed in so fast that I didn't get to see the surroundings. Those fuckers threw us into a room before shutting the door and locking it from the outside.

To say I was mad would be an understatement. I'm enraged that I'm here, and I'm even more upset because Matt seems to know about this place. I crossed my arms not even bothering to look around. Before I could move away, Matt approached me and gave me a hug. I sighed and hugged him back.

"Matt please tell me what's going on."

"I can't, but I love you, okay? I promise you'll be out of here in no time. I won't let them hurt you."

"Let who hurt me! What is fucking going on!"

"Andy, be quiet. They'll think I told you."

"Told me what? Matthew Aaron Good, if you don't give me answers right now, I will fight you until one of us dies."

"Andy, I can't. They threatened to kill you. I won't let it happen, okay? That mattress is yours."

"Mattress? How long will I be here?"

"We never know. Just take a nap okay. And if you need, the stuffs over there. Top drawer. You're only allowed one hit a day."

"I told you I was quitting."

"Yeah, that's what we all say."

I rolled my eyes and settled myself on the bare mattress, getting comfortable. Trying to relax on this piece of fuckery was impossible to say the least. My back was going to be fucked. You'd think I'd be scared or something right now, but maybe the fact that Matt had apparently been here before made me feel a little better. To be honest, I didn't really want to think about it. I just want to feel safe with Ash.

______________________________________

"No I'll wake him up."

"Shut up slut."

"He's just a kid! Don't hit him please! "

Hit me?

"I'm up," I said sitting up and opening my eyes as quickly as I could.

"Thank god," Matt mumbled, throwing his hand to his head.

"Biersack, come with me. Don't drag."

"Where are we—"

Before I could finish my question the guy slapped me across my face. Matt screamed, and I fell to the ground. I used my hand to touch the hot spot on my face, and Matt rushed to me, shielding me with his body.

"Don't speak, okay? If they hit you don't fall, and whatever you do, don't cry. You hear me?" I could hear the pain in his voice and that made me want to cry more than this whole situation. "You'll be okay, you hear me? Don't cry! When they let you call, don't tell Ashley. I know you've already developed feelings for him, but don't tell him, okay?"

"Okay," I whispered. He hugged me and helped me off the ground. He looked down on me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you, kid. I'll see you before morning."

I nodded and followed the guy out of the room.

It only took me a minute to realize where I was. Jinxx works at this club! I have a fucking job here! I could hear the soft music from the door I was standing in front of.

"Go in and stand there. Don't speak unless spoken to," The guy who was escorting me said. "And kid, I'm sorry. I'm stuck here just like you are. I have to do what I have to do to survive."

I looked at him sideways, and turned away, not showing any hint that I had heard him other than the look. I opened the door, and sure enough, the man who had employed me here was sitting behind the desk. Rick was about 35 years old and Mexican. If I remember correctly, Ashley told me he and his brother moved here at age 20.

"Andrew, how are you?" I didn't say anything. He knows how the fuck I'm doing, "Excuse me Andrew, but if I remember correctly, I just spoke to you, now I need an answer."

"I'm fine."

"Ah, delightful. Now, you're here for a reason. If you remember correctly, you've bought from my people. You might not have known that, but my sources have told me that they've not got their pay from you."

"I was gonna pay it, but I got robbed."

"Excuses, excuses. Well, lucky for you, you're only 19. We don't do anything sexually with our debtor's until they're 21, but I'm sure I'll see you here," Matt told me not to say anything, so I didn't. "Right, so, you're to work at the club, no pay, and you're to say here. Two weeks. You make one phone call every five days so people don't worry about you. The rules are that you don't speak unless answering a question about the club. Got that?"

"Yes."

"Come here son," Cautiously, I walked towards him. He used his finger to gesture me closer, and the he slapped me. A gasp escaped from my mouth, but I didn't cry or fall. "You address me as sir. Understand? Now, use that phone over there to call whoever.

Blinking back tears, I walked over to the phone and picked it up. I dialed Ashley's number that I'm thankful I memorized.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ash. I'm just calling because I felt like hearing your voice."

"Well here I am, and it's nice to hear yours."

"I–I miss you."

"I miss you too. You can always stay here, you know that right?"

"Yeah I do."

The man, Rick, cleared his voice and tapped on his watch.

"Hey Ash, I have to go. I'll see you okay?"

"Alright. Sleep well, Autumn."

"Autumn?"


He didn't hear my question because the line went dead. I sucked in a shaky breath.

Don't cry. Don't cry

"Very well then. Go get some sleep Mr. Biersack. I'll see you tomorrow. Bright and early."

"Y–yes sir."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello everyone! I know it's late or early or whatever you want to call it, but it's Tuesday here so here you go. There's also going to be another short, filler chapter, after this, but I'll probably wait until it's late to do that. Thank you for reading, and I love you all.