Shadows Kiss

Something Wicked This Way Comes

The next morning I slowly opened my eyes to see the quaint little room covered by A7X posters. 'Home.' I thought in my mind, with a grin. Then I looked down to see a large, muscular arm covered in tattoos wrapped around me, which made me smile even wider. I gently lifted his arm and eased out of the bed. I stepped softly on the creaking boards to escape the room. As I made my way down the hall to the staircase I glanced into a room to see Brian and Anna still snoring away, then down from them each of the boys in different rooms still sound asleep.

At the top of the stairs I could smell the delicious aroma of breakfast in the air. I stepped into the kitchen to see Jasmine setting plates and Lavender working over a hot stove. "Good morning." I greeted them cheerfully.

"Good morning dear." Lavender smiled over her shoulder.

"Well, if it isn't sleeping beauty." Jasmine teased.

"I'll have you know, sleeping beauty has been sleep deprived a lot lately!" I giggled.

"I suppose she is, what with staying up with creatures of the night until the sun finally chases the moon away."

"Creatures of the night, I like it." I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

"You better like it, you'll be one yourself soon enough." She gave me a serious look.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes, walking over to Lavender to see what she was making.

"I wanted to make the boys a huge breakfast." She said in a chipper tone.

"Oh trust me, they are gonna love it." I laughed, reaching over to steal a piece of toast from the counter.

"So what exactly is the plan here Alice?" Jasmine motioned for me to be seated at the table with her.

"Okay." I sighed. "Please don't be upset. Matt asked me to join him on the road, and I said yes."

"You did?" Jasmine cocked a thick, dark eyebrow at me.

"Yes Mam."

"Are you sure this is something you really want to do? I mean have you really thought it through?"

"Yes Mam."

"Well, as long as your sure I suppose."

"That's it? No speech? You aren't mad?" I stared at her with wide eyes.

"Of course not, you are twenty-one now. I can't tell you what to do anymore Alice. You are of age, and you shall make decisions for yourself now."

"Yes dear, you must follow your heart." Lavender walked over to me and patted me on the shoulder, then taking a seat beside me.

"Thank you guys for being supportive, I really appreciate it." I smiled to my two greatest teachers in life. "I know it's gonna be hard to let me go, but it's my destiny."

"Still there is something about those boys though, I'm just not sure what it is." Jasmine's face scrunched with frustration. "I'm not saying it's something evil, but it's something."

"Well like I said, it's my journey, so let me be the one to find out." I squeezed her hand.

"I think she will be fine out there, I mean she has been taught by the best." Lavender smiled.

"Yes, between us and her father's monster killing lessons she should be invincible." Jas stated.

"The only thing that worries me is we saw blood on the moon before you came home." Lavender warned.

"Yeah, I seen it too." I admitted.

"Well you know what that means, something wicked this way comes." Jasmine's tone was eerie.

"I'll be fine." I promised with a smile.

Then I heard the creaking of the stairs above us and soon Brian and Anna came walking into the room. "Good morning everyone!" Anna greeted us.

"Hello there, come take a seat." I motioned them on in. "Hungry?"

"Starving." Brian rubbed his belly, taking a seat by Anna. She filled him a plate full of different things then fixed a small one for herself.

Then all the boys appeared around the corner, making their way into the kitchen. "Something smells delicious!" Johnny beamed.

"Come eat." I waved them in.

They all took their seats and Matt found his place next to me, "Good morning beautiful."

"Good morning gorgeous." I leaned in for a small kiss. "What do you want to eat?"

"One of everything, it all looks amazing." He chuckled.

"Coming right up." I began to stand.

"No, I've got it baby." He began to pile his plate, glancing over to see Anna moving around the table to get Brian something to drink and giving him a sharp look, "I'm not helpless like some people."

"Hey, everyone likes to be King every now and then." Brian shrugged.

"I like to take care of my man." Anna encouraged him.

"Well a true King should treat his mate as a Queen, not a servant." Matt informed the dark haired guitarist.

"It's too early for this, shut up!" Jimmy growled while shoving another pancake in his mouth.

Everyone laughed at the scene before us. "Well enjoy your breakfast kiddos, we have business to tend to." Jasmine stood from the table.

"Wait, we are leaving today. You aren't gonna stay to see us off?" I looked at them in amazement.

"Sorry dear but a very important ceremony is tonight, you know that." Lavender explained, brushing a grey lock of curly hair away from her face.

"Yeah, but that's not until tonight."

"You know how much preparation goes into these things Alice. Plus we have to run to the market to get a few things before we go." Said Jasmine.

"Oh, I see." I sighed with disappointment. "I hate to say goodbye so soon, I just got home."

"I know honey, we will miss you terribly." She came to hug me tightly. "Remember all you have been taught. And if any of you, especially you," She pointed to Matt, "hurt our Alice, believe me when I say there will be hell to pay." She warned.

"Yes Mam." They all came to attention.

"Glad we got that out of the way." She giggled. "I love you Alice."

"Love you too." I whispered.

"Good luck on your journey darling. You call if you need anything." Lavender came to hug me next.

"Thank you and I will." I squeezed her tight. "I'm going to miss you."

"Not nearly as much as we will miss you. I love you."

"I love you too Aunt Lav."

They made their way to the door at the end of the hall. "Safe travels boys and good luck out there on the road! And Alice, watch out for vampires!" Jasmine said with a laugh.

"Oh trust me, I will!" I giggled.

"Sorry, had to throw that in there on your father's behalf."

"Well you tell him not to worry about me. I know what to look for and I'll keep an eye out!" I shook my head.

"Obviously not." I heard Johnny whisper from across the table. Quickly Zacky elbowed the bassist in the ribs. "Ouch!" Johnny squeaked out.

I turned to see Matt giving John a death stare. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing." Zack mumbled.

"You guys are strange." I gave them a funny look, then walked over to the counter to pour a cup of coffee.

"Well Brian and I are gonna go to my place to pack up. We will meet you guys at the airport later." Anna announced, taking her plate to the sink.

"Okay see you then." I hugged her.

"Later." She waved. Brain brought his dish to the sink and took her hand. I leaned against the counter as I watched them walk out the door.

"So how did they take the news?" Matt looked over to me.

"Surprisingly well." I said. "They still insist there's something different about you guys though." I laughed.

"Oh." He then laughed nervously.

"I don't mind though." I shrugged, walking over to wrap my arms around him, "I don't really care what you are, I love you anyway." I kissed his cheek.

"Thanks." He rubbed my arm softly. Suddenly his phone began to ring in his pocket. He pulled it out and glanced at the number. "Sorry, I gotta take this." He stood and walked out of the room.

"Hey what's this?" Johnny asked from across the room.

I turned to see him flipping through pages of a large book. I walked over to his side. "It's umm....it's kinda like a recipe book."

"It don't look like no recipe book I've ever seen." He looked at me suspiciously.

"Well, it's a potion book really. It tells you what spices and ingredients to mix to make different potions for spells and ceremonies." I explained.

"Oh I get it."

I could hear Matt shouting from the parlor. I peaked around the corner to see him pacing back and forth. "I'll be right back, I'm gonna go check on him." I told the boys.

"Look all I need is one night, is that really so much to ask for? I know you are busy but can't you just come to California at least for a day? I swear, then you can go right back. Dad, this is important!" He screamed into the phone. "Fine, whatever bye!"

"Matt, you okay?" I asked.

"Oh hey baby! Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Sorry you had to hear that."

"What's wrong?"

"Just my Dad, he's being....typical." He shrugged.

"So where are your parents?"

"They....ummm....they are on vacation, that's all."

"Well it's okay honey, you don't have to rush them home just to meet me. We will go visit when they get back." I rubbed my hand up and down his back lovingly.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just really excited for them to meet you."

I smiled up at him. "I know, but we've got plenty of time babe, it can wait."

"Yeah, I guess it can."
♠ ♠ ♠
I just want to say thanks to all my lovely readers who subscribe and rec! It would be super awesome if you guys gave me some feedback. Are you liking the story so far? What do you think the future holds for Matt and Alice? Questions? Comments? Thoughts? You know it's all welcome here, so go ahead, tell me what's on your mind. Happy writing!

Love and Deathbats,

-Lady*Shadows-