Shadows Kiss

Practice Makes Perfect

"Okay Alice, remember these are all defense moves. Start off steady, just so we can get an idea of what you can do, then as we progress make your powers stronger. Got it?" Sully stood in the middle of the field, waiting for the answer.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I nodded, standing out in front of all of them.

"Okay Johnny." Sully turned his eyes upon the short bassist.

Johnny nodded to Sully and took off at a full speed run towards me. He was moving at a speed I had never seen in my life, he was so fast you could barley see him. He was almost five feet away from me when I heard Sully yell, "Now Alice!"

I put up my invisible wall and Johnny ran right into it, flying back about twenty feet.

"Yes!" "Amazing!" "Terrific!" The boys all cheered behind me.

"Okay Syn, let's go." Sully motioned him forward. Brian walked to me and moved to push me down, without waiting for the signal I pushed him back with my energy and ended up knocking him down.

"Damn Alice!" Brian yelled.

"Oh gods! Bri, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I ran to him.

"No, I'm proud! That was great!" He laughed at me, standing to dust the dirt from his jeans.

"Alice, you were supposed to-" Sully began.

"I know, I know! Sorry." I stammered, reclaiming my position on the field.

"Okay let's try again." He smiled. "Remember this time you are to actually let him push you down, that way we can see how you will react when you are taken down." Sully explained to me again.

"Okay." I nodded, waiting for the blow.

"Okay Syn, go!"

Brian shoved me down, hard. Half way to hitting the ground I heart Sully yell, "Now!" I released my energy and sent Synyster sailing.

"Yeah! Give it to him Alice!" I could hear Jimmy screaming from the sidelines.

"Okay, surprise attack time. This time Alice, I'm not going to say when. I want you to let him get as close to you as possible. But you be the judge as to when to let him have it. Okay?" Sully instructed.

"Okay." I nodded, keeping my blue eyes focused.

"Zacky fuckin Vengeance, step right up!"

I could hear the speed of the wind as Zack's body flew through the air. I knew exactly where he was coming from, he was above me and coming down from behind me. I tried to count down, '5, 4, 3, 2' and I heard a thump. I turned to see Zee laying on the ground holding his stomach in pain.

"Are you okay?" I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Wow, yeah." He was panting. "You are good! You fuckin knocked the wind out of me!" He tried to laugh.

"Guys, I don't know about this. I feel so bad. I'm hurting you guys!" I looked out to each of them, with a worried expression.

"Alice, we are vampires! We can handle this!" Matt laughed at my concern.

"Are you sure? Because it looks like your boys are taking a beating out here." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"They will be okay." He answered with a smirk, standing with his hands in his pockets, rocking back and forth on his heels. I could tell he was enjoying the show.

"Really Alice, don't worry about it. We will shake it off in a minute. We have got to get you ready for this. So far you are doing great!" Zacky encouraged, patting my shoulder as he walked by.

"Okay then." I shrugged.

"Okay Rev, let's get some of those crazy karate moves of yours up here." Sully announced, waving over the tall drummer.

"You got it boss!" Jimmy danced to me. "You ready?" His blue eyes looked into mine.

"Yeah." I tried to concentrate.

"This is going to be intense, so you sure?" He teased, still dancing circles around me.

"Yeah." I said.

"If you are afraid you can back out." A wicked smile broke across his pale face.

"I don't want to back out." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You sure?"

"Jimmy, man, come the fuck on!" I yelled, growing frustrated with him.

"Okay." He shrugged. Suddenly he moved to grab me by the throat, I ducked and he spun around to swing for my face. I grabbed his arm and turned him away from me, bringing him closer, then putting my other arm under his throat to choke him. He kicked his leg back tucking it under mine, causing me to fall to the ground. Never letting go, I drug him with me. He rolled over and reach for my throat again, I held up my arm to shield myself. As his arm hit mine a crashing sound was heard over the land. I got to my feet, only to be hit in the back of the knee, falling back down again. I could feel him grab my hair and pull my head back.

"Okay stop!" I heard Matt panic, but Jimmy never let up.

I thrust my elbow back, hitting him in the chest. He rolled off of me. "No, she's got it!" Sully yelled over Matt's warning.

"Break for me! Break for me!" Jimmy gasped. "I think she broke something!"

"Oh no! I'm so sorry Jim! I didn't mean-" I ran to help my friend.

Immediately he jumped up, tackling me to the ground. Holding down my hands, he went for my throat. He was only about an inch away from my flesh, hovering over me, I could feel his breath on my skin. "Enough, enough! Get the fuck off her!" Matt growled, running over to us. Jimmy slowly backed away from my throat and got to his feet.

"Fuck," I whispered, covering my face with my hands, "I almost had him." I was still panting.

"There is your first lesson about vampires my beloved, never trust them!" Jimmy laughed, looking down at me.

They were all standing in a circle over my body, staring down at me. "Alice, are you okay?" Zacky asked, a worried look on his face. I just laid there for a moment, not believing what just happened. I couldn't believe I was that close to being killed by an actual vampire. It brought back terrifying, haunting memories from my past, which shook the very core of my being. "Alice?" I heard Zacky again, pulling me back to reality, away from the disturbing images in my mind.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I slowly rose up, rubbing my face. I tried to shake the feeling, but my bones were trembling in my body thinking of how close he was, remembering the sensation of his breath on my throat.

"Okay I think that's enough practice for one day." Sully cautioned, helping me to my feet.

"No, no I don't want to stop!" I protested.

"Alice, you are shaking!" Brian gasped.

"I'm okay." I waved a hand at him.

"Baby, really you can tell me, are you sure you are okay?" Matt placed his hands upon my shoulders, staring deep into my eyes.

"No really I'm fine. Sorry, that was just really...intense."

"Told you!" Jimmy smiled to himself.

"Shut up Jimmy!" Johnny yelled, hitting him in the back of the head.

"I think we better stop." Matt said, turning to look at the guys.

"No really, please, I need this! I am perfectly fine. I'm kinda shaken up, I've never been that close to death before. But it's okay, something like that is bound to happen anyways. Let's keep going." I begged.

"Are you sure?" Zacky continued to give me that concerned expression.

"Yes, I am positive." I nodded.

"Don't you think you should at least take a minute?" Brian asked.

"No, it's better if I keep going. My adrenaline is off the charts right now, you could break my body into a million pieces and I wouldn't feel a thing! Let's do it!" I yelled, suddenly more pumped than ever.

"That's my girl." Sully patted me on the back. "Okay then, you heard the lady." He said. "Umm, Matthew you have the strongest energy. So...let's try something. This is a no physical contact fight. This is energy against energy. Matt I want you to try to over take hers. Alice you do your best to block it."

"Okay." We both nodded, taking our places in the field far apart from one another.

Matt closed his eyes, reaching out his hands towards me. I secured my feet on the ground and slowly closed my eyes as well. I reach out into the empty space between us, concentrating hard. I felt Matt's energy field gently touch mine, it hovered there for a moment, then he tried to move into mine. I pushed his back while I created a barrier, then I waited. A couple of moments passed and suddenly I felt him break the barrier, it was moving closer. Since a barrier wouldn't work, I decided to try to push his back again. At first I gave a little nudge to see if I could move it....barely. I pushed harder, only moving it about an inch. This time I shoved, moving it a couple feet. He pushed back, harder regaining his place. I turned loose my energy, all of it. I could feel his move all the way back to where he stood. He let out a grunt of dissatisfaction.

"Push harder Matt." I said calmly. He pushed and his energy came about half way towards me. I shoved, moving it back a little further. "Harder." I said. He pushed again. This time his energy came closer to me than I had felt before. I shoved even harder and sent it all the way back to him. Once there I attempted the barrier again. I set it and waited, letting my natural energy go. I stood, eyes still closed, waiting....but there was nothing. I could hear Matt grunting, trying so hard to break the barrier. Slowly I opened my eyes. There stood the guys staring in amazement and Matt stood clenching his fists and growling, still trying with everything in him.

"It's a barrier." Sully whispered, astonished. "It's a fucking barrier! She's done it! She's built an energy barrier, that not even the King of the vampires can break! Haha marvelous!"

"Fuckin beautiful." Brian stared in wonder at my power.

"Matt, stop trying dude! You're never gonna break it!" Johnny called to him.

Matt let out a rush of air from his large chest, opening his eyes, as he panted loudly. "I can't believe I can't break it!" He leaned over, holding himself up by his hands on his knees. "How can I not break it? Why can't I break that? I am the fuckin King of the vampires! How can I not fuckin break that damn thing?" He looked to the guys for an answer.

"Isn't she amazing!" Jimmy shouted, beaming at his friend.

"Yeah, but why can't I break it?" Matt turned to Sully then.

"I don't know Matt." He gave Matt a serious look.

"I should be able to break that no problem! I mean fuck! I broke the first one! Why can't I break that one?" His voice got louder and I could feel his tone change, becoming angry.

"Alice, were you using all of your energy on the first barrier?" Sully turned to me.

"No."

"How about the second?"

"Yes."

"There is your answer." He turned back to face Matt with a smile.

"Still all of her energy shouldn't even be a quarter of mine! Why couldn't I break that?" His hazel eyes were wide, and he waved his hand around as he shouted.

"She's just stronger than you man, let it go." Brian spoke out, giving Matt a strange look.

"No Brian, no I will not just let it go! I am the fuckin King of the vampires! She is just a witch dude! A fuckin witch, do you get that?" He pointed over to me. "I should have been able to break that!"

"Dude, calm down. You should be happy. Now you know that she can defend herself. Everyone knows that vampires are much stronger than demons. If she can defend herself against your power, then you should know that she will be just fine against the demons." Zacky explained.

"Yeah, well everyone thought vampires were stronger than witches too and did you see what just fuckin happened?" He shot Zack a dangerous look.

"Well that depends on which witch you're dealing with boy." Sully raised an eyebrow to Matt, his arms crossed over his broad chest.

"Matt, are you okay?" I was worried.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just can't believe that." He shook his head in shame.

"I'm sorry. Do you want to try again? This time I will let you win, I promise." I smiled innocently.

"No." He laughed. "I am really glad for it I suppose. I just hope that all the witches of the world never get together and decide to take over the vampires."

"Me too, because it looks like you guys would just be shit out of luck." I laughed with him and everyone joined in. "Okay I want physical contact!" I shouted, "I'm ready!"

"Okay then, pick your opponent Lady Shadows." Sully waved his arm past all the guys.

"I want Brian and Zacky." I pointed to them.

"Brian and Zacky?" Johnny stared in shock.

"Yes." I agreed.

"But Jimmy took you down on his own. You sure you want more than one guy?" Sully questioned.

"Yes. When this battle takes place it isn't just going to be one vampire I am fighting, it will be millions of demons. And they will all be gunning for me, because they know that I am the reason we will win. If I am dead they have a better chance of taking over the empire." I explained my choice.

"Okay then, Bri and Zee let's go!" Sully motioned them towards me.

"You ready?" Zacky looked to me.

"Yes." I could feel the adrenaline still running through my veins. My powers were stronger than ever.

Zacky flew to me and pinned my arms behind my back. "Push him with your energy!" I could hear Johnny shouting. Then Brian came flying over us. He was headed for my throat. I used my energy and knocked him to the ground.

I wrestled with Zacky, trying to free my arms. "Fuck!" I heard him yell, as he let go of me quickly.

"What? What is it?" Matt panicked.

Zacky let out a growl and flew up into the air and came crashing down on me. We both hit the ground hard. He was on top of me, holding my hands down. I could see Brian getting up out of the corner of my eye. Zacky bent down, closing in on my throat. I pushed my energy out harder than before. This time it wasn't only heat, fire burst from my palms, like Sully had done nights before. "It burns!" Zacky cried, releasing me again. I held my hands closer to him and he jumped away covering his face.

"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" Brian yelled as he knocked me back to the ground. "Try using that on me, it won't work!" He wrapped his hands around my throat. I knocked his hands away. I threw him off me and jumped to my feet. As he was recovering, I wanted to try something I had never done before. Just before I closed my eyes I could see Zacky coming from one side and Brian from the other.

"Circle, circle..." I kept whispering in my mind. Then I remembered an old spell I had read in one of the Aunts' books years ago. "With this power I encircle thee, cast them out with the power of three, bring forth a barrier they can not break, my soul will not be theirs to take, I call forth protection to encircle thee, cast them out with the power of three!" I shot my hand out and I could feel a strong wind begin to blow from all around me. I opened my eyes to see a bright purple light floating in a perfect circle all around my body. The wind raged harder, blowing about my long blond hair. I could feel it push hard against my body, but I stood firm. The guys came crashing into the barrier, as a loud crash of thunder sounded over us.

They hit the ground hard. Everyone stood staring with terror in their eyes, as they looked at what I had created. Slowly I took my energy away from the circle I had cast. The wind slowed as well, the purple light began to fade. I waited until it was completely gone and the wind had stopped. Finally I decided to move.

"What the hell was that?" Jimmy was in shock.

"Another barrier." I answered.

"It's an energy force field." Sully announced. "Alice, that was amazing!"

"Yeah really! It was as hard as a brick wall!" Zacky said, rubbing his chest.

"How did you do that?" Brian questioned, his warm brown eyes wider than ever.

"I don't know. I just kept thinking of a circle and I put my energy around me trying to create a barrier. Usually when I create them, they are flat just like wall. But then I remembered this spell I had read a long time ago, I don't know where it came from or how I remembered it. It just popped into my head and I said it and boom!" I was freaking out.

"That's so wonderful!" Sully shouted.

"Okay, I have a question." I said.

"Okay." Matt waited.

"When they come, the demons, what will they right with? Is it just hand to hand combat? Do they use energy? Or are there weapons involved?"

"One and three." He answered. "Because demons are a dark creation they are eternally damned, therefore they have no soul. They have no energy to use. So they just fight with weapons and their hands." He explained.

"Wait, I thought the same thing went for vampires? But you guys have energy."

"Yes, because we are living, we are immortal, we are still of this realm so really we do have souls, we do have energy. But if death should occur our souls are automatically sent to the underworld."

"Oh." I thought on that for a minute, trying to process it all.

"Well, I think that's enough for today." Matt said. "Let's go back in and rest a while."

"Okay." I gave in and grasped his hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
Big thanks to everyone who is reading, as well as recs & subs! You guys rock! Happy writing!

Love & Deathbats,

-Lady*Shadows-