Shadows Kiss

The Visitation

I was completely exhausted from the long day of practice with the boys. I had retired early that night and was out as soon as my head hit the pillow. I lay silently dreaming by Matt's side. I was awoken by the gentle touch of a soft hand caressing my arm. My eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing the most beautiful sight before me. My mother was standing beside the bed in a long flowing, white gown. Her blond hair shimmered in the moonlight from the window, and rested in long sweeping curls down her back. Her blue eyes were sparkling down upon me and her smile was radiant.

"Momma?" I gasped, sitting up in the bed with wide eyes.

"Shhh." She whispered, placing a finger over her lips. She motioned for me to follow her out of the room. I obeyed, sliding my feet out of the bed and down to the icy stone floor. Once into the hallway she smiled over her shoulder to me. "Follow me." She spoke softly.

I nodded, keeping a close pace behind her as she walked through the dark castle. She led me to the giant doors of the main entrance. "Where are we going Momma?"

"You will see my darling." She opened the doors as quietly as possible, making her way outside and through the open field. I followed her, feeling the cool, wet grass beneath my bare feet. Soon enough I could see the huge pond that was far off to the right of Sully's castle, it was a great distance from the massive structure. The pond could only be seen from the far east tower of the castle.

My mother stepped onto the dock, walking to it's very edge. I stepped up on the wooden platform, making my way towards her. I found it odd that there were no animals here in the dead of the night. I glanced around, scanning the land again.

"I have missed you Alice." I heard my mother say and I turned my attention back to her. She embraced me in a warm, loving hug.

"I miss you Momma." I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

"It's time that we were together again my princess." Her eyes stared deep into my own. She swept a long strand of hair behind my ear, then touched my face lightly with a smile.

"What do you mean?" I looked up to her with a confused expression, still trying to control my tears.

"I can't bare to be without you any longer Alice. Don't you want to be with Momma again?" I nodded to her, wiping at my eyes. "In a world where we can do all the things we use to again? We can make our favorite potions together, work our spells together, practice our magick together, all the things we haven't got to do in so long. We can finally do all those things again baby. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

"Yes Momma, I would love that." I continued to wipe away the tears as a bright smile broke across my face.

"Me too. Now come with me my dear and all of that will be possible again." She reach her hand out to me.

I smiled up at her, taking her hand to follow her off the dock's edge and into the dark water waiting below.

.................................................................................................................................................

*Brian's POV*

Jim, John, and I had just ended our jam session and I was finally headed to bed. Matt had retired early to join Alice and Zack had followed a couple of hours after. I trudged up the staircase of the far east tower to my room, guitar in hand. Once there I shut the door quietly, sitting down my gear and walking over to the open window. I loved the view here, looking out over the grounds and the beautiful water of the pond.

I began to unbutton my shirt, tossing it onto the chair at my desk. Suddenly something near the water caught my attention. I could see a figure walking across the dock, with an arm outstretched in front of them as if they were holding on to something. I used my vamp senses to zero in on what was out there. Fear struck through my being like a bolt of lightening when I realized that it was Alice. I watched helplessly as she stepped off the edge and plunged into the black water.

I ran as fast as my feet would carry me, yelling as loud as I could manage for everyone to get up. Jimmy and Johnny greeted me at the bottom of the stairs. "What's going on?" Johnny furrowed his brow.

"Gates, you okay?" Jimmy asked, with a concerned look.

"There's no time, it's Alice! Go wake Matt, get to the pond as quick as possible!" I shouted, running past them and out the doors ahead.

I flew through the field with a speed I didn't even know I possessed. Finally the pond was in sight just before me. I ran down the length of the dock and jumped into the murky water below.

.................................................................................................................................................

*Alice's POV*

Once I was submerged into the cold water it took my eyes a moment to adjust. I could faintly see the outline of my mother swimming further into the dark abyss. The shock of the icy water covering my body had me frozen in place.

She motioned for me to follow. I did my best to swim after her, deeper and deeper. I hadn't seen her in years. So many days and nights had passed with my heart breaking. I wanted more than anything to see her again, to feel her touch, to hear her voice, to smell the scent of her perfume. Now here she was, offering me a way to be with her again. I couldn't lose her now.

I fought with everything in me to continue to follow her, I had to catch up. Despite my efforts, I couldn't hold it back any longer.....I let go of the last ounce of air I had inside. I felt the water begin to rush into my lungs, everything was becoming fuzzy. Then I felt my body sinking as I lost all consciousness.

.................................................................................................................................................

*Brian's POV*

I was searching through the darkness for any sign or the tiniest glimpse of Alice, but there was nothing. I swam deeper, still nothing. I knew I had to be approaching the bottom for as far as I had gone. Panic was washing over me in great waves with every second that went by with no sign.

Finally something caught my eyes. I seen the flash of Alice's pentagram dangling from an old tree branch. I grabbed it, narrowing my eyes across the floor of the pond. It was then I seen her. Her body was attempting to float but her night gown was caught on a log. I made my way to her, I worked quickly to rip her gown to shreds. Once her body was freed I rushed her to the top as fast as I could.

When we surfaced I drug her lifeless body onto land. I could see the guys fast approaching us. I opened her airway, pressing my lips to hers, forcing air into her lungs. Then I began to pump her chest. There was no response to any of my efforts. "Breathe Alice, breathe!" I screamed into the cool night air. Again I forced another deep breath into her, then another. "Come on Alice, breathe for me baby!"

"What happened?" Matt nearly cried out as he ran up to us, sliding onto the ground on his knees. He watched with terror and panic in his eyes as I continued to work on the love of his life.

"I don't know. I looked out the window and she was going off the dock into the water!" I was still pushing on her chest. "Matt she's not responding." I looked to my best friend in horror.

He grabbed her up, pulling her torso onto his lap, cradling her cold, naked body. "Alice no!" He screamed.

"Oh gods, how could this have happened?" I heard Johnny cry from behind me.

"Sully, isn't there something you can do?" Jimmy looked to the short, dark haired man with hope in his blue eyes.

"I'm so sorry boys, but I can not. I may be a witch but even I can't bring the dead back to life. The gods are the only ones capable of that." His sad eyes were flooded by tears, as he looked down to his dear friend.

"Alice, get up! Come on baby, wake up!" Zacky yelled, squeezing her hand.

"You are not dying on me! I won't let you!" Matt screamed out, placing her back on the ground. He tried to revive her once more. He did another round of compressions and several deep breaths into her lungs. "Fight Alice, fight! Do you hear me? Fight damn it!"

My body grew numb watching the heartbreaking scene before me. Everything was in slow motion around me. Johnny was crouched down to the side, just behind me, tears streaming down his youthful face. Sully clutched onto his pentagram chain, mumbling softly to himself, clearly praying. Jimmy stood beside of him, one arm across his chest and another over his mouth, fighting back tears. Zacky was kneeling down on the other side of Matt, still gripping Alice's hand tightly, as he sobbed. Matt had once again scooped her up, rocking her back and forth in his arms. His screams were howling throughout the land.

It was then I felt something I hadn't in centuries, an icy trickle of a tear fell from my eye and down my cheek. All hope was lost now. I covered my face with my hands, no longer wanting to watch what was happening around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who continues to rec and sub, you guys are awesome! And thank you so much to those of you who have commented, your comments mean the world to me honestly. They are really what keeps me posting.

Love and Deathbats,

-Lady*Shadows-