Shadows Kiss

Sometimes All You Need Is A Little Push

"I can't believe this is really happening. It's like a dream, all of it!" Anna exclaimed as she sat her dress on the bed.

"I know, it's so unreal." Sarah sighed.

"Well, believe it or not, it is real ladies and we have some getting ready to do for tonight! We only have an hour and a half, so let's get busy!" I shouted with a smile and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

About an hour later I sat alone in my room working on my finishing touches to my makeup. I stared into the mirror at the girl before me and smiled to myself. I glanced at the clock, it was almost time. My heart began to beat faster and anxiety started to set in. I placed the dangling diamond earrings on both sides and sprayed my perfume. Then there was a knock on the door.

I turned to see Anna standing in the doorway with a sweet smile. "Need some help?"

"Oh hey! Yes please!" I stood up away from the vanity.

She held out the dress as I stepped into it and zipped it up the back. I swung my long, blond, playboy curls back into place behind me. "God Alice, you look incredible. Matt is gonna be the luckiest man in the world tonight."

"Thanks." I smiled. "You look pretty stunning yourself love."

"Well thank you." She blushed.

"Serioulsy, Syn is gonna die when he sees you." I put a hand on her shoulder.

She had a laugh then hugged me tight. "I love you girl."

"I love you too. I don't know what I would do without you, honestly." I hugged her tighter.

"Anna! Alice! The guys are here!" We could hear Laura calling from the sitting area.

"We'll be right there!" Anna called back. "Now come on Miss Thing! Let's go get you married!"

"Ha! Yeah, okay! Anna you do know this is just for now right?" I gave her a serious look.

"What do you mean?" Her bright green eyes searched mine.

"Matt, he's not gonna want me anymore after tomorrow. I am just gonna be another fan he fucked while on the road. The fairy tale will be ending soon." I admitted the reality of the situation with a heavy heart.

"No way! That's not the way it is. He really loves you Alice, can't you see that?"

"No Anna, it's just a show."

"No, I'm serious! I mean yeah, this is probably just a fling for the rest of us and those guys, but for you and Matt it's so different. You can see it in his eyes. He really means it Alice. He really wants to be with you."

We stood there looking into each others eyes, and I hadn't a clue as what to say. There was a small part of me that wanted to believe what she was saying was true, but at the same time a larger part of my heart was saying I was the one who was right. Matt Shadows wouldn't want me after tonight. Life wasn't a story from a book, things just weren't that perfect. Welcome to the real world!

"Guys really come on! We are gonna be late!" Sarah yelled.

"Coming!" I called.

"Come on babe." Anna took my hand and led me down the hall. As we stepped into the room it became immediately quiet. Then was filled with sudden movement as the boys stood. I finally lifted my head so that my eyes could meet Matt's gaze.

He walked to me and took my hands in his, "You look amazing." He said just above a whisper.

"Thank you. You look very handsome Mr. Shadows." I blushed.

"Thank you. But you, you are just incredible. The dress looks unbelievable on you." His eyes seemed to sparkle.

"I love it. I'm so happy you picked it out for me." I looked up to him with gratitude.

Anna walked to Syn, who stared at her with wide eyes. Johnny reach over and shut his jaw for him, and everyone had a chuckle. "You look beautiful Anna." He finally managed.

"Thank you. You too!" She laughed, taking another step to close the distance between them, wrapping her arms around his neck. He leaned in for a romantic, sensual kiss.

He then took her arm under his, "Come all, let's get going. Right this way, my lady." He led her out the door.

We all grabbed our things and made our way out the door and down to the glistening white limo that was parked outside our hotel. The ride there was surprisingly quiet compared to the way we had all been for the past couple of days. Everyone sat staring out the windows, hugged tightly to their significant other with nothing to say. It was as if everyone knew that this was our final night together and they were all going to soak up every second of it. We were all making a memory, sitting silently still, trying to remember everything about that moment. What they smelt like, the taste of their kisses, the way they felt, the sound of the silence. Trying so hard to remember this one little memory forever.

The mood was somber. I couldn't believe this, tonight was supposed to be the best night of our lives. It was a happy time, yet here we all sat in our expensive clothes, pilled into this gorgeous limo, on our way to a world famous restaurant, with all of our hearts breaking inside.

I felt his hand slid up my arm and I turned to look into his glorious hazel eyes. "We're here." He smiled.

"Oh really?" I looked past him out the window at our destination.

"Yes." He kissed me softly on the forehead. Then the door opened, he stepped out of the limo onto the glistening street and offered me his large hand. I stepped out behind him and was immediately glued to his side. Our friends soon followed.

As we walked into the restaurant I could see it was dimly lit by faint candle light glowing from each table. There was a man playing the piano on a small stage with a dance floor directly in front of it. It was very elegant and extremely beautiful. We were seated at a large table in the corner of the huge room.

I glanced up at the balconies above us, pondering the architecture of the building. "It reminds me of a theater." I remarked.

"That's because it used to be one in the 1800's." Syn informed me.

"Oh, well that makes sense then." I continued to stare in wonder of the magnificent structure.

"Wow guys, this place is really beautiful." Sarah whispered, looking around wide-eyed.

"Yes, it is. Thank you so much for doing this. It's so sweet of you guys." Anna seconded.

"No problem at all. We are glad you girls like it." Syn beamed.

"Alice, are you okay?" Johnny asked, with an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I answered.

"Are you sure? Because you haven't said hardly anything since we left." The Rev explained.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't want this night to end."

"What do you mean? I mean the night is going to have to end some time, but it's not like it's our last night together." Matt said rubbing his hand up and down my arm reassuringly. I looked deep into his eyes, seeking the truth. But there were no words left to say. Everyone sat around the table silent.

Sarah cleared her throat, I should have known she would be the first to take a shot, "Guys, there is no denying that the past couple of days have been heaven for all of us, but we aren't stupid. We know that this was just a fling. It worked out perfectly because there are five of us and five of you. We were just some hot fans that happened to be in town for your show. And we know that tonight is the last night of this. Tomorrow we will go to the concert and sit in the crowd watching you guys on stage just like all the rest of your fans. Then when it's over you will head back out on the road and we will go back home. It will end there, we get that."

I looked up from my glass of wine to see all the guys looking at her in total shock. Did they honestly think that we thought this would last forever? Every Avenged Sevenfold fan dreams of meeting them, falling in love with them, happily ever after and all that nonsense. But even though we had the dream, we knew the truth about how this stuff works.

"But that's not true at all," Matt frowned, "I can't believe you girls would think that. Yes we are rock stars but we are not monsters. We never do this. We usually keep to ourselves when we are in a town for a show. But something happened with you girls, something I can't explain. This hasn't been just a fling, this is serious. We thought you took it as seriously as we did."

Now we were all sitting in shock looking at him. "Really Matt, you don't have to go on pretending, we know what is going to happen." Kate huffed.

"I'm not pretending, like I told Sarah the first night, this isn't some kind of prank, this is very real. I know I can't speak for the rest of the guys, but I know in my heart that I love Alice." He took my hand in his then, "I am so in love with you, I have never ever, ever in my life felt this way for anyone. You make me want to be a better person, you give me a reason to live, and you are the very reason I wake up with a smile on my face. I plan to make this last forever. I know that you are the one I am meant to be with always. Alice you must know that I am telling the truth. Don't you remember what I said to you our first night together?"

"Yes, but..." I looked down at the table letting my words trail off, unsure of what to say.

"But what?" He harshly interrupted.

"I just assumed I was either dreaming or that was just something you said to all the girls you meet on the road." I was afraid to look at him, but I did anyway.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," He voice became louder and took on a different tone. He let my hand drop to the table with a loud thump. I couldn't believe it, I was actually frightened. Not for the fear of what he was about to do, but for the fear of losing him. I watched, as his eyes went from hazel to bright green in a matter of seconds. I looked around for a moment, wondering if anyone else noticed.

"Matthew I am sorry, but can you honestly blame us for thinking this. I mean you guys are Avenged Sevenfold! You are rock stars. Isn't that what you are supposed to do?" I shot him a questioning look.

"Yeah well, you know what? I am sick of this shit! Yes, we are rock stars but that doesn't mean that we act just like all the other fuckin piece of shit losers our there! We have hearts you know! Just because they don't beat-"

"Matt!" Zacky yelled, cutting him off quickly.

"Okay, calm down. Matt I am sorry." I could feel my face turning red and I began to glance around the room. People were staring at us. Everyone sat silently, just watching the show.

"No, I'm sorry." He picked my hand back up, enclosing it in his own, "I'm sorry I am acting like this. But it's true I care for you that much, that for you to say such hurtful things makes me so angry. I can't take it. I love you and I don't want to lose you." His eyes held regret behind their enchanting colors, for his reaction to my words.

I sat staring at him in total disbelief. He really meant this. There was no questioning it. It wasn't just what he was saying, it wasn't the way he acted, I could feel it. I could feel it so deep down in my heart that I had to know he meant every word.

"So then what happens from here?" Laura asked.

"Well we still have a couple months of this tour left to go, but we were talking some vacation time before we start writing for a new album." Zacky informed her, with a sad look on his face.

"I'm gonna hate being away from you." Anna cuddled up to Syn.

"I know, it's gonna drive me crazy having to part ways." He held her close.

"Me too." I sighed, gripping Matt's hand a little tighter.

"Why don't you just come with us?" Johnny spoke up.

Everyone immediately whipped their heads in his direction, eyes wide, and mouths open. I sat quietly, not knowing what to say.

"Yes! That makes perfect sense! Come with me!" Matt screamed with delight at Johnny's brilliant idea.

"Yeah, we would love to have you girls with us." Syn seconded.

"Really?" Anna asked.

"Totally!" The dark haired man smiled to her.

"Yeah we will all have a bitchin time!" The Rev shouted.

"Sounds like a good plan to me." Zacky agreed with his friends.

"I can't," Laura began, "I mean don't get me wrong, it sounds like so much fun, but I couldn't possibly leave my family, plus I have to work."

"Yeah me too." Kate said.

"I can't either." Sarah sighed, "I have to go back home to my daughter. I can't just leave her, and the road is no place for a child. Trust me, I know." Recalling the memories of traveling around with her mother's band as a young child.

"They are right guys, We can't just drop everything to go on tour with you. We all have jobs and responsibilities waiting for us at home." I reasoned with them.

"Okay, yes I get it, you have a job. But you don't need one anymore. I will take care of you now!" Matt offered.

"Matthew, you have only known me for a couple of days, you can't possibly think that you are ready to have a life with me."

"You're right, I don't think, I know I am ready to have a life with you Alice."

"Oh my gods, this is insane! You boys really are crazy!" I rolled my eyes.

"Please?" He turned his body so that he was completely facing me, "Please?" Looking deep into my blue eyes, he begged, "Please?" He looked as if he could cry at that very moment. As if my saying no would break his heart into a million tiny pieces.

"I just-"

"Please don't say no. Take some time to think about it, but please don't say no." He sat motionless looking at me his eyes now greener than ever.

"Okay."

"You will?" He perked up.

"I will think about it!"

"Oh, okay that works, for now." He smiled, showing off his gorgeous dimples.

"I really wish the rest of you were coming." Johnny pouted.

"Yeah, that would be awesome. But hey we can always come in once every couple of months and visit you guys." Kate tried to cheer him up.

"Really?" He beamed at the thought of her coming to see him.

"Absolutely!" She nodded.

"Yes, we could totally do that!" Sarah said excitedly.

"Okay, I'm up for that plan." Laura stated.

"There we-"

"Don't even think of that plan!" Matt cut me off quickly and everyone busted into laughter.

"Well, I'll be damned if it isn't the Sevenfold brothers!" I heard a deep, raspy voice from behind me. I seen all the guys stand up from the table with open arms. I turned to see a short, dark haired man with a goatee. He had a muscular build and a star tattoo next to his eye. He wore dark blue jeans with a long chain, and a fitted, white, long-sleeve shirt. Sliver hoops rested in his ears and a sliver chain hung from his neck. "How the hell are you boys?" The man asked.

"We are great man! How are you?" Matt answered.

"I'm good. Finally got my divorce finalized and just bought a new place. It's the most beautiful in all the land." He said with a wave of his hand, like a great story teller. "Even bought myself a new bike."

"That's fantastic man!" Syn patted him on the back.

"Who is this beauty?" The enchanting man looked past Matt's enormous body down to me.

"Sully, this is Alice. Alice, this is Sully. He is a dear friend of ours." Matt introduced us.

"Hello my lady." He kissed my hand.

"Hello Sully, it's nice to meet you Sir." I blushed.

"Umm, Sully, Alice is my girlfriend." Matt interrupted.

"Is that right? Finally settle down did you Shadows?" Sully's dark brown eyes looked back to Matt in surprise. Then he turned back to me with a wide grin. "What a shame, I wanted her all to myself." He still held my hand, I could feel an unnaturally strong current of energy coming from him. "Well, lucky you Matthew." He finally released me.

"Thank you." Matt half-smiled.

Then Sully made his way around the table as the boys introduced their dates. They invited him to dine with us, to which he agreed. An extra chair and place setting was put in between Zacky and Syn directly in front of me. Matt stood at my side like a guard dog, until Sully took his seat. Finally Matt allowed himself to be seated. By the looks on everyone's faces they could feel the tension just as much as I could, after Sully's comment.

"So how goes the tour?" Sully took a sip of his whiskey.

"It's been great so far, only a couple months to go." Johnny answered.

"Good to hear. And will you be joining them Alice?" Sully looked over to me.

"I'm not sure." I hesitated.

"Why's that?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Because it's a lot to think about, you know. I'm not a rock star, I don't just travel all over the world all the time. I have a job that I love and my family to consider."

"Ah, I understand. It's always a difficult decision for a young lady to leave home and head out on the road with her rock star." He smiled to Matt then. I became quiet not knowing exactly how he meant that. Did he mean just in general? Or did that mean that Matt did this a lot? I looked to him then. Everyone was still. "I love your necklace." Sully stated.

I turned back to face him then, "It's just a chain." I shrugged.

"Not just a chain, I like the pendant that's on the end." He pointed to my chest.

I looked down to see that the pendant was hidden under my dress. So how could he possibly know what it was? Zacky took a deep gulp of wine and shot Matt a concerned look, while Syn did the same after shuffling uncomfortably in his seat. Everyone sat staring at me, waiting for me to reveal what it was. "Thank you." I simply smiled.

"What is it?" Johnny asked. I grabbed my glass and took a drink pretending not to hear him.

"I'm sure it has a lot of meaning to you. Otherwise you wouldn't keep it with you always." Sully stared at me intently.

"Yes, it does actually." I placed my glass back on the table and looked the opposite direction of Sully, towards the man playing piano.

"Mine too." He held up a silver pentagram on the end of his chain. "I never take it off. A witch must always keep his pentagram close," He smiled, "Or her, in your case."

"Yes, that's true." I smiled nervously. I could feel my face turning red and my blood begin to boil in my veins.

"So how long have you been a witch?"

"Umm, well..."

"Not comfortable talking about it with strangers? I understand. Most witches are private about their craft." He looked down at the table. "I was for many years, until I got into the public eye more. Then with reporters hounding you all the time and cameras always in your face, it's a bit hard to keep anything in your life private." He looked up then and finally acknowledged the faces staring in wonder at us around the table. "Oh, I am sorry. I didn't realize you hadn't told them yet. Please forgive me Alice." He placed a hand on his heart.

"It's okay." I let out a deep sigh, "I guess you all would have found out sooner or later." I smiled at my boys.

"You're a witch?" Johnny looked confused.

"Well, I wouldn't say witch, I don't like that term. I am Wiccan, it's my religion." I informed him.

"So like you do spells and curse people?" He stared in amazement waiting for my answer.

"Not exactly. I do spells, but not the kind you are thinking of. And yes, I curse people all the time, but only when the really piss me off." I smiled. The silence surrounding the table broke out into wicked laughter.

"Holy shit! Really? I promise I will never make you mad!" Johnny held his hands up.

"John, she is just playing with you. When she said curse, she means like cursing people out." Matt rolled his eyes.

"Oh, so you don't really put hexes on people right?"

"No, no Johnny, I would never do that."

"But isn't that what witches do?"

"Well, some I suppose. But I am Wiccan, hexes aren't what it's all about. Hexes are considered negative energy, most commonly known as black magick. I would never put anything negative out into the world upon someone else."

"So you are a good witch?"

"Yes, you could say that."

"Can you move things?"

"No." I lied.

"Can you see the future?"

"I can't see it."

"What do you mean you can't see it?"

"I can't see the future, I don't have visions if that's what you mean. If anything, I have feelings about certain things sometimes."

"Okay, well can you fl-"

"No Johnny, baby I can't fly on a broom, not even a mop." I smiled, humoring him. Everyone busted out into crazy laughter again at my response.

After about a half an hour of Johnny playing twenty-one questions about my religion, we all got into serious conversations about the topic. Sully shared many stories with us, that I considered incredibly interesting. He amazed me with how open he was about it. I could never imagine being that open about a subject that most people are so closed-minded toward. But I could feel him rubbing off on me. I felt comfortable and secure because of his openness, that I found myself sharing things I usually would not at certain moments of the evening.

At the end of the night we all stood and made our way around the table to give hugs and say our goodbyes. Sully made his way to me, "Ah, Lady Shadows," He took my hands in his, "It was such a pleasure meeting you. Feels good doesn't it?" He smiled.

"What?"

"Opening up, letting people in."

"It actually feels amazing. I haven't done that in a long time."

"I know."

"I thank you for what you have done for me tonight." I said sincerely.

"No, not me, thank yourself. I led you there, but you are the one who found the courage to do it. You had a chance to lie to me tonight and say you weren't what you are. You could have made me out to be a fool to that crowd, but you didn't. You opened up in there to a total group of strangers and told them exactly who you were. That's something to be incredibly proud of."

"What can I say? You bring out the witch in me." I laughed.

He laughed too, "I suppose. I really am proud of you though. You did great in there."

"Well I couldn't have done it without you. I am so glad we met."

"Me too, we are going to be life long friends Lady Shadows, I can feel it."

"So can I." We hugged and said our goodbyes once more, then parted ways.

I glanced up to the sky to notice a giant, white ring around the bright moon looming over the busy city. I couldn't help but to smile once I had seen the sign. "A new beginning." I whispered to myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now you know the secret Alice has been keeping. Thoughts? Love & Deathbats!

-Lady*Shadows-