Shadows Kiss

Difficult Decisions

Finally we arrived back at the hotel and once again gathered in Zacky's room. Everyone perched on the long comfy couches surrounding the room.

"What a night!" Syn said sliding down in the seat.

"It was a lot of fun." Zacky said after stretching out his arms.

"I would say it was a learning experience." The Rev smiled in my direction.

"Yeah, for me too." I smiled back to the tall, thin man.

"I'm so glad you shared your secret with us Alice." Matt rubbed his hand up and down my arm.

"Me too. I was afraid to at first, but there was something about Sully. I guess I just felt more comfortable knowing that he was there and that even if no one else did, he would understand." I pushed a long curl behind my ear, as I recalled the memory of Sully's warm smile from across the table.

"You shouldn't have been afraid to tell us that though." Syn encouraged me.

"Well it's just, even after thousands of years, Wicca still isn't something that is so commonly accepted like Christianity or Catholicism. I don't know your religions, so I was worried about what you would think of mine." I tried to explain.

"Why?" Johnny questioned me.

"Because sweetheart, usually when you tell someone that you are Wiccan, either one of two things will happen: one, they will think you are absolutely crazy; or two, they will run in fear saying that you worship the devil and you will burn in hell for all of eternity." I sighed, "It's complicated."

"People are really like that?" He looked touched.

"Yes dear, people are really, truly like that."

"That's awful. Well I don't think any less of you. I actually think it's really cool. From the things you and Sully said at dinner, I think it sounds like the best religion out there!" He cheered.

I couldn't help but smile at his warm soul. Johnny had a child-like innocence about him. He was the baby of the group and I guess it made him all the more gullible and vulnerable. He was so sweet and soft spoken. He always knew how to make me smile.

"Well guys and gals, I hate to run off but I am so tired, I just can't go any further. I am going to catch a cab back to our hotel and get some sleep." Laura stood with a yawn.

"Yeah, I think I will too." Sarah seconded, "I want to be well rested for the big show tomorrow."

"You sure? You girls don't have to go. You could stay the night here with us." Rev offered.

"No, it's fine. You guys need a good night's sleep too, you got a big day tomorrow." Laura explained.

"Actually, I think I will stay." Anna gave Syn a sultry look.

"Good." He softly kissed her bright red lips.

"You are going to stay with me right?" Matt asked.

"No, I think I will head back." I started to stand, only joking of course, but still wanting to see his reaction.

He suddenly grabbed me and pulled me back down into his lap, "No way!"

"You know I'm kidding." I laughed and he held me tightly to his cold body.

"Well we are going to get to bed." Matt lifted me up, holding me so high up in the air with his large arms. I giggled loudly at the sudden movement.

"Yeah, us too." Syn stood from the couch holding Anna's hand.

"Okay baby, you gotta let me down so I can give everyone hugs and kisses." I patted his chest.

"Only hugs, save all your kisses for me." He smiled as he placed me on my feet lightly. I walked to Laura, Kate, and Sarah to hug them all and told them goodnight. Then I made my way to Anna.

"I love you chica!" She said with a bear hug.

"I love you too babe." I kissed her cheek.

"You try not to have too much fun tonight, you hear me?" She gave me a warning look.

"Haha I will try. As for you, don't do anything I wouldn't do." I winked and we shared a giggle.

"Bye Synny." I hugged the tall, brown eyed man who was now my best friend's lover.

"Night Alice, I love ya." He kissed my forehead.

"Love you too."

"Night Reverend." I kissed his cheek with a soft hug.

"Goodnight Alice."

"Goodnight Alice, sleep well. Love you." Johnny hugged me tight.

"Night honey, I love you too."

"Thanks again for tonight." Zacky stepped up and reach out to hold my hands, "It was a wonderful evening and I owe it mostly to you."

"No thank you guys. I had a fantastic time." Since my secret had been set free Zacky's behavior towards me had been totally different. He now seemed comfortable with me and actually almost caring. Which caused me to feel more at ease around him as well.

"Well get plenty of rest, tomorrow is gonna be a long day and an even longer night." He still held my hands. He watched the others anxiously, almost as if he was waiting for them to exit the room.

"I'll be ready." I laughed.

Once eveyone was gone except for Matt, Zacky, and I, Zacky turned to Matt, "Don't let what happened last night happen again tonight Shadows." He paused for a moment looking over some of the exposed bruises with shame in his eyes, then back up to his friend, "Syn told me. But I suppose he didn't really have to."

Matt let out a deep sigh and hung his head, "I won't, I promise."

"I'm serious Shadows!" Zacky's voice held warning.

"I know, I know! Everything will be fine old friend, don't worry." Matt patted him on the back.

I stood staring at both of them, confusion covering my face. I couldn't understand why Matt's friends were making such a huge deal about this. Zacky turned his eyes back upon me then, he moved in closer for a hug. He grabbed me and held me so tightly to his body, as if he was afraid to let me go. I felt him kiss my cheek softly. "Goodnight Lady Shadows, beautiful Angel of Death. We have been waiting on you for so long." He whispered into my ear.

I pulled away and looked deep into his eyes, not understanding why he was saying these things to me. There was that term again. What did it mean? I still wasn't sure. I decided not to question him, at least not now. "Goodnight sweet Zacky." I kissed his cheek. He was still staring deep into my blue eyes. I could feel him looking past my eyes and into my soul. I knew then he was seeing things most people never get a chance to. It was like there was no barriers, no walls, no anything to shut him out. I felt naked standing before him.

"Come darling." Matt extended a hand out to me, ready to lead me away. Suddenly Zacky dropped his hands from my sides.

"Okay. Goodbye Zacky." I half-smiled.

"Bye." He simply stood motionless.

We returned to Matt's room. I walked slowly to the bed, completely exhausted from today. I sat down and began to slip off my heels, finally letting my aching feet relax. Then I moved on to take off my jewelry, all but my pentagram. I looked up to see Matt leaning against the door frame, watching my every move with a wide grin on his face. "What?" I laughed, suddenly feeling nervous about having his eyes on me.

"Nothing, it's just you look so beautiful." His smile growing even wider, making me smile also.

"Thank you." I placed the jewelry on the night stand. Then I walked back to the end of the bed. "Will you help me?" I turned my back towards him, lifting my hair over my shoulder.

"Yes, of course." He entered the room, shutting the door behind him, then walking to me. I felt his cold hands slide down my back and push my zipper down. He let the expensive dress fall from my weak body. Matt softly kissed my neck, causing me to moan from the sensation of his warm, wet lips along my freezing skin. Slowly he made his journey down still kissing along my spine, then back up again. I turned around to face him and saw the lusty expression on his face. I could see a fire burning deep in his eyes, which ignited one inside my own. He reach out into the distance between us sliding his hand behind my ear and pulling my face to his. I paused to look deep into his eyes, searching his soul for any hidden secrets, like Zacky had done to me moments before.

Looking deep into his now green eyes I seen past all the pain and anger he held inside. I could see fields of green stretching out forever before me. They were the most amazing green, like the fields of Ireland. It was then he kissed me, it was then that the magick took over, it was then we were both swept away by it. We became lost in one another, lost in the bright green fields of Ireland.

There we laid deep in those green fields, with the ocean behind us. The waves crashed upon the rocky shore, causing the wind to blow my golden hair about. There he lay beside me, so calm, so serene. His body was so pale, and became even more striking by the sun beaming down upon him. He was so perfect, so beautiful. His smile was radiant, just the same as the one when I first saw him. There was no one for miles and miles. Just he and I, all alone in our own little piece of heaven.

He was silent, as he twirled my hair through his fingers. I caressed his muscular chest, moving my hands to his face, outlining his full lips and touching his sweet dimples. Then I brushed my fingers through his thick, dark hair. He pulled me closer, kissing my forehead ever so gently. Then pausing once more to smile at me again. Then he raised his body up on one side, he propped his head up with one arm. He slid his hand behind my ear and pulled my face closer to his, kissing me softly, moving his wet tongue upon mine. I could feel it tossing in and out of my mouth. His sweet lips moved with mine.

The moment was perfect and so real, even though it wasn't. I knew where we had been, but we weren't there now. We were in another world completely. I didn't care where we were honestly. I only cared about being with him, living inside of this moment. I wanted to stay there forever in that green field, with the sound of the waves all around us, the sun shining down upon us, feeling his skin on mine and nothing there to separate us. I was totally, completely, irrevocably tangled up in him. And I wanted to stay that way for all of eternity.

.................................................................................................................................................

The next morning I woke up with thoughts of the terrific night I had, had with Matthew still dancing about my head. I opened my eyes to find him still fast asleep with his arm wrapped around me. I moved his heavy arm and slid out of the bed. I made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower.

After exiting the shower I simply tied a towel around my waist and walked into the kitchen. I put on some coffee and opened the fridge. I heard footsteps behind me. 'Ah yes, my sexy man is up.' I thought to myself. "Hey you." I purred in my sexiest voice. When there was no immediate answer I turned around, "Oh my gods Zacky!" I tried to cover myself quickly.

"Oh Alice, I am so sorry! The door was unlocked! I just thought, I thought you, hell I don't know what I thought!" He stammered.

"Turn around! Don't look!" I demanded.

"Okay, okay, okay!" He yelled back, covering his eyes and turned to walk away, only walking right into the corner of the counter top, "Fuck!"

"Oh gods Zack, are you okay?" I panicked, not sure of what to do.

"No! I hit my dick, hard!" He shouted in agony.

"Oh, oh gods! Hang on, stay there and do not turn around!" I ordered the dark haired boy.

"Okay, okay!" He was laying in the floor, holding on to himself repeating, "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!" Over and over.

I started to run to the bedroom when I bumped into Matt head on, "What's going on?" He held me in place.

"Oh gods, I just got out of the shower and I was making some coffee and Zacky came in and oh gods, he seen my boobs! And I started yelling at him to close his eyes and turn around and he did but he walked into the counter and now he has broke himself!" I tried to explain quickly.

Matt put his arms around me and pulled me close to his body covering me, "Zack, what the fuck are you doing just barging in here like that? You knew I wasn't alone!"

"I know, I'm sorry! I wasn't thinking!" Zacky yelled over his shoulder, still unable to move.

"Damn straight you weren't thinking! What the fuck is wrong with you man?"

"I don't know! I'm sorry Alice, I really am!"

I ran past Matt back to the bedroom and pulled over one of Matt's shirts and a pair of my underwear, which weren't visible due to the giant shirt that was more like a dress on me. I walked back to the sitting room to see what was going on because I heard an even bigger commotion.

As I walked into the living room I was mortified to see everyone laughing and pointing at Zacky, who was still lifeless on the kitchen floor. And now here I was in Matt's clothes, which were way too big, my hair a soaking wet mess, and no makeup on.

"Good morning Alice!" The Rev called out to me with a wave.

"Oh gods! Could this morning get any worse?" I looked up at the ceiling, "What do you have against me?"

"Would you like for us to leave?" Syn asked, peaking around Matt's side, with a pouty face.

"No, no please stay! It's just I wasn't expecting company this early. Sorry I am a total mess today guys." I shook my head.

"You look just as beautiful as you did yesterday." Johnny smiled to me.

"Okay, well then I must have looked horrid yesterday too."

"Don't be ridiculous! You look great no matter what!" He reassured me, "Matt's the one who looks like shit. Jesus man, you couldn't even put on a shirt or some fuckin pants?"

"Well sorry, but like the lady said, we didn't know you all were coming over this early."

"At least you have your boxers on for a change." Syn chuckled.

"Well I think you look delicious." I walked over to where he sat on the couch and crawled into his lap, placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"Thank you baby." He kissed me again. "See, she thinks I look good, and her opinion is the only one that matters." He shot Johnny a look.

"Got it!" John held his hands up in surrender.

Suddenly Rev broke into wicked laughter. Everyone turned to look at him confused.

"What is it dude?" Matt asked.

"You seen Alice's boobs!" He pointed to Zacky.

"Yeah..." Zacky looked down at the floor in shame, but still smiling to himself.

"And you broke your dick!" The Rev busted out again.

"Shut the fuck up Rev! Or I will come over there and break yours too!" Zacky growled.

"The hell you will! You can't even move!" He laughed wildly again, "You're lucky you made it to the couch!"

"So wait, how did this happen?" Syn asked, leaning forward, anxious to hear the story.

"Well it happened because some people don't know how to knock apparently!" I frowned at Zacky.

"I said I was sorry!" Zacky rolled his eyes at me.

"Well sorry isn't gonna cut it Mister!"

"So you just walked in on them?" Syn looked to Zack in amazement.

"Pretty much." Zacky shrugged.

"Wow." Syn laughed at his friend's stupidity.

"Yeah..."

"So here is the real question, why were you naked?" Johnny looked over to me. Everyone gave him the same look of 'Are you serious?'

"Johnny, man, look where she is." Syn stated the obvious.

"Okay, so?" Johnny looked at him seriously.

"She's in Matt's room, they are looovvveeeerrrssss! Oooooo!" The Rev teased.

"Oh right!" The bulb when off in Johnny's head.

I rolled my eyes at their silly antics, "It wasn't like that, okay?"

"So he didn't walk in on you guys having sex?" Syn looked at me confused.

"No! Oh gods, no! It wasn't like that at all!"

"Then what was it like?" A wicked smirk broke across his face.

"Well if you must know, I had just got out of the shower and I wrapped a towel around my waist. I walked into the kitchen to make some coffee, then when I turned around boom! There was Zacky fuckin Vengeance! So....yeah."

"Sure, sure." He laughed.

"Hey you asked!" I joked.

"I still think you were fuckin Matt." Rev chuckled from the corner of the room.

"He wasn't even awake!" I defended my actions.

"Ohhh kinky! I like it!" The blue eyed drummer teased me.

"Gods, you guys are hopeless!" I stood up still shaking my head.

"No Alice! Don't leave, we are only joking!" Johnny called.

"Don't freak out! I'm not leaving. I am getting some coffee. I didn't go through hell to make the damn stuff, not to drink it!" I giggled.

"Oh okay." He busted into laughter and the rest of the boys joined in.

I shook my head in disbelief. 'I guess it's true what they say, boys will be boys.' I thought to myself.

About that time there was a knock on the door. "Thank gods someone knows how to knock around here!" I stomped to the door, shooting Zacky another devilish look. I opened it and there was Anna with a bag.

"Hey Alice!" She yelled, squeezing me tight.

"Hey doll face!"

"I forgot I packed your stuff with mine so I thought I would bring you some clothes over." She handed the bag to me.

"Awesome, you rock!" I hugged her again.

"Thanks." She laughed. "Wow looks like you have a full house." She looked past me to the room full of boys.

"Yeah, it's been an interesting morning." I grumbled.

"I'd say." She had another giggle at my foul mood. She walked on into the living room finding her man. "Wow," She said as she climbed into Syn's lap, "I can't believe it. It's our last day together for a while."

"It doesn't have to be." He kissed her head gently.

"What do you mean?" She looked up into his brown eyes.

"You never mentioned anything last night that you had to do back at home, I assumed you were joining me on the road." He gave her a confused look.

"Well, I would love to, I'm just not sure if it's right."

"Anna, you love Syn right?" I looked at my friend seriously. Even though she hadn't opened up much about their relationship, I knew her feelings ran deep for him. That's what the silence was about. "Well do you?" I pushed harder.

"Maybe." She slowly looked up to meet my gaze.

"Syn, do you love Anna?" I turned my piercing eyes upon the shaggy haired guitarist.

"Yes, I never thought I would say that about any woman, but actually yes. I think I do." A smile broke across his gorgeous face.

"Well then Anna, there is your answer."

"But I said maybe and he said he thinks so, that's practically a maybe." She looked startled.

"That's my point though." I began to explain my reasoning, "You think you may possibly love him, he thinks he may possibly love you. Anna, love is so incredibly hard to find anymore, especially real love, it's so rare. If you think you might possibly love this man, then be willing to take that chance. If you are so lucky to find love, don't let anything stop you from taking the time to find out if it's real love."

"But what if it's not? What if it doesn't work out? If I don't go we can always just stay friends."

"Yes, but what if you were meant to be and you threw away your chance to find out? Would spending the rest of your lives as 'just friends' and always wondering 'what if?' really be worth it? I don't think so."

"She's right." Syn looked at Anna, love burning even brighter in his eyes than ever before.

"Ughh," She rolled her eyes at me, "I hate how you are always right!" Everyone laughed.

"Well, that's good to know." Matt smiled at me.

"What?" I was lost.

"Sounds like you just talked yourself into joining me on the road!" He began to laugh wildly, soon joined by the rest of the room.

"Wait a minute now!" I stalled.

"No way! Sorry Alice, but there is no way you can argue with that point, especially after that lovely speech you just gave me!" Anna yelled over the laughter, pointing her finger at me.

"But I-"

"Nope, I'm afraid there is no getting out of this one my dear." Matt protested.

"I'm such a dumb ass!" I rolled my eyes, "This is what I get for being the wise one!" And everyone rolled with laughter at my expense.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Questions? Remarks?

Happy Writing! Love & Deathbats!

-Lady*Shadows-