Sequel: Healing Is Never Easy
Status: Feedback please!!!! It's what I live for :P

Trade

Chapter Seven

The next day I was still angry with Oli, and when his band mates came round to do another day of working on their new material, they all noticed there was tension between us.

"Are...you and Oli ok?" Lee asked me gingerly as we sat together away from the others going over the stuff he'd come up with.
"Yep."
"Kel come on, what happened? Did you fight?"
"No."
"Oh god did he make a move on you?" I flushed deep red and Lee sighed.
"Oh. And you rejected him?"
"No."
"Oh! Did he reject you-"
"No Lee."
"Then what happened?!" I looked at the small guitarist and rolled my eyes.
"Fine." I explained what had happened and Lee sighed, nodding slowly.
"That sounds like Oli." I corrected some more sections for him and he tried it out.
"That's great, cheers Kellin. But, what so now you're mad at him?"
"Yes I am."
"Good. Stick to that." I frowned at him.
"What?"
"He'll come running back to you. Let him dangle." I exhaled loudly and shook my head.
"Why are you choosing me over your best friend?"
"He's not. Matt. K is my best friend, and I'm not at all. All I'm saying is that Oli is denser than a fucking brick when it comes to stuff like this, he's just gotta realise he's being a moron then he's all yours. For what it's worth I think it'd be great if you two went out, he hasn't been with anyone in like...well years." I thought about it for a while and agreed with his little theory.
"It's worth a shot."

When all the guys had gone Oli asked if I wanted dinner, I started the walk to the kitchen, he followed me slowly, continually asking me if I wanted him to carry me.
"No Oli leave me alone. I can do it." I gritted my teeth and made my legs carry on until I'd reached the kitchen where I sat down.
"So what would you like for dinner?"
"I'll cook." Oli sighed.
"Kellin I know I pissed you off earlier but I said I'm sorry!! What else can I do??" I wanted to ask him to kiss me, or just hug him and say I wasn't mad. But I stuck to the plan.
"It doesn't matter." He stood and watched as I tried to start getting things out, but my legs started to buckle and I cursed in frustration, slamming a knife down on the counter.
"Dammit!!" Oli caught me round my waist from behind when I fell. My breath hitched as he didn't move his hands.
"I'm sorry...." He murmured quietly, I blinked slowly.
"I know. I didn't do it for those reasons."
"I know that." I turned round and he leant down, pinning me against the counter with his hips so he didn't have to hold me up and kissed me roughly, hands sliding up into my hair. I gasped at the contact and kissed him back, hands fluttering to his wrists.
"Sorry I..." I felt so stupid, I didn't know what to do and Oli leant me back slightly and kissed me again.
"Think more of yourself, you're sexy as fuck." I blushed and he chuckled throatily at me, giving me a hug.
"You ok?"
"All good now." He smiled at me and made dinner.

That night we curled up on the sofa again and watched a movie, I had my legs across his lap and half way through the film he absent-mindedly laced his fingers through mine, sending butterflies through me. When he took me to bed he leant over me and I reached up to kiss him, painfully aware that we were almost in bed. He leant back, smiling slightly.
"I'll see you tomorrow."
"Yeah, night." He walked out, turning back to look at me a few times. I watched him leave and a few minutes later he crawled into bed. My heart beat was frantic, this was first real experience with someone. Someone who I actually liked.

The next morning I fought harder to get out of bed myself and walk, I made it across the hall and began down the stairs before collapsing again. Oli got up and found me.
"Are you ok?"
"Yep. Wanted to make you breakfast for a change, didn't work out so well." He laughed at me and carried me to the kitchen, catching me in another heated kiss again that left my legs even weaker than they had been before.
"Mm, thanks." I made breakfast, Oli pretty much holding onto my hips the entire time, holding me up and planting kisses on my neck, and shoulder.
"You're distracting me."
"That's the point." As he continued kissing me, I began to feel slightly uncomfortable, Oli wasn't doing anything wrong, and I did like him, a lot.

But suddenly I felt defensive, like fighting Oli away from me as though I were some scared creature. Oli turned me slightly and pulled me into a kiss, I felt fear build up inside me until I could take it no more. I pushed him away and he looked hurt, confused.
"I-I'm sorry...."
"It's ok...umm...no matter, sorry you can carry on with breakfast undisturbed-"
"Oli it's not you I prom-"
"Kel, relax I'm fine." He left my side and got a drink, I felt guilty and placed the knife down on the counter as I struggled to hold myself up.
"Oli please it's not....I'm scared." He looked at me and frowned.
"What do you mean?"
"Look I mean....I'm happy with you now, and I couldn't be any happier that this is going on...but this is just a physical thing, I didn't want to push you away but I did. The last man I was with was Shadows, remember?" He sighed and came towards me, pulling me into a big hug.
"I am so sorry Kel."
"It's ok." He planted a kiss on my forehead and sat me down on a chair, finishing the rest of breakfast himself.

The rest of the day, his band mates came over again and they wrapped up the final touches on the songs and began recording.

Oli was like an excited little boy all day and it made me happy to see him so happy. The guys knew we were ok again and they were all glad we were back on track.
I tried walking again, and got right the way down the hall and to the end of the kitchen without so much as a wobble.

So that night, when everyone had gone and it was just us again, and we were in the middle of kissing, his phone rang. We both groaned and he picked it up, I, sitting on his lap, began sucking and licking his neck the same way he'd been doing to me earlier and his breathing was shaky in my ear.
"Hello? Yeah- oh my god!! Hi!!" He gently slid out from underneath me and began pacing the room.
"Yes....yes that's true....of course I have been....what do you mean...yes...yes definitely." I frowned in confusion and watched him pace up and down the room. When he hung up he stood silently with his back towards me for several minutes before speaking again.

"My parents are coming to visit."
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOH!! Let me know what you think!! Please comment/rec/subscribe <3