Status: Let's try this out yo

I Swear, I'm Not Stalking You.

At all starts with a bump.

Alex was the new kid. Again.

It wasn’t anything Alex wasn’t used too; this was the third time in six years. His family moved around a lot. As in, every two years they move somewhere else. Though, Alex kind of liked it. The thought of never being in the same place for a certain amount of time made Alex want to know the place very well before he left, because he may never go back. It gave him an excuse to take walks, hikes and sometimes even a jog just around the place. He wanted to know every nook and cranny there is to know. Sometimes he would take out his camera and take pictures of what ever caught his eye, whether it be a statue or a couple making out. Literally anything. One time he took a picture of a blue coloured rock.

Though even with all the moving, there was only one thing Alex dreaded; and that was the first day at a school he had no idea how to get around.

Currently, he was in the front office trying to get the attention of a lady whose hair was to dark for her features and her lipstick was too bright for her hair. Honestly, Alex didn’t even want to be there. The school looked bigger than the rest he had been too, meaning it would take him a long time to get used to it, and by then he’d have to leave again. Joy.

“Excuse me?” He said for what seemed like the four hundredth time.

Except this time she actually looked back at him. The boy let out a sigh and smiled contently.
“What can I do for you, darl?” She asked, chewing a piece of gum.

“I’m new? I need my schedule.” He replied, “And maybe a map?”

She looked at the screen in front of her for a moment, and Alex just stood there not knowing what to do. At most other schools there was someone to greet him and help him around. Obviously not here. She looked at Alex with obvious eyes. “Name?” She asked, annoyed.

“Oh, sorry. Alex Gaskarth. G-A-S-K-A-R-T-H.” He spelt out his last name for her, considering she gave him a confused sort of look.

What seemed like to be hours later, he finally left the office; map in hand. He had history first and surprise, surprise; he had no idea where it was. He started to walk in the direction he thought it was, and then the bell rang. Students came buzzing in and around, some pushing Alex out of the way. He wasn’t paying attention though, so it didn’t bother him. That was until he ploughed straight
into a torso.

He didn’t fall, but his beanie did. “Oh, I’m sorry! I wasn’t paying attention!” He half mumbled, half shouted. He wasn’t really sure what his voice decided to do, but the torso of the other male suddenly started laughing.

“Hey, it’s okay. It happens.” The voice sounded like it was laughing, and when Alex looked up, he confirmed it. It belonged to a rather tall boy, with black and blond hair. His hair was an odd combination, but it suited the boy.

Alex recovered and quickly picked up his read beanie, then looked back up at the boy as he replaced it on his head. Hey, why not ask him where his history class was?

“Hey, I happen to be new here-“Alex was cut off by the boy.

“Ah. Well, a map isn’t going to do you much good. It’s terribly drawn and it was last updated in the 1800’s.” He laughed. “But I can help you out. What’s your name and what do you have first?”

Alex laughed at the kids joke, and then continued his interrupted question. “Alex and history. With Mr Rao?”

The unnamed kid nodded. “Go straight down the hall, take a left, swing a right and go straight.” He stated, matter-of-factly. “Or, you can just come with me because I have that class too.” He smiled. “Oh, and I’m Jack.” He stuck his hand out for Alex to shake, and that he did. He took the boys hand and shook it twice, firmly, then let go.

“Shall we go then?” Alex asked.

“We shall, new friend.” Jack replied.

--

Turns out, the history room was closer then Alex expected. He expected it to be, a five minute walk? It turned to be a two minute walk, minus the bumping into people. Jack pointed and named things as the trekked over to the room, and Alex figured that this kid would be a friend. Hopefully.

They reached the closed door, and Jack stood in front of it, just staring. Then suddenly looked over at the shorter boy. “Are you ready for this? Can you handle it?” Jack asked; his voice serious.

Alex wasn’t sure if the boy was kidding or not, so he just looked confused. Jack slowly opened the door, and stepped into the room over-dramatically. “I HAVE ARRIVED!” He then declared. Alex was startled to say the least. He just stood there, clasping the map to his chest, while Jack pretended there was a breeze flowing through his hair. The other students in the room didn’t seem to care
about Jack’s arrival; they might have been used to stuff like that?

“Jack, sit down.” Alex looked over at the new voice, which was owned by a short man (shorter than Alex) with styled hair. The man had tanned skin, and was wearing a simply t-shirt and jeans. This must have been the teacher, as Jack had done what he was told and sat down in a seat at the back and to the left.

“Ah, you must be the new kid.” The short man stated. “I’m Mr Rao. You can sit any where you like.” Mr Rao smiled at him, and gestured towards the seating area.

There was a spare seat next to Jack, and Alex opted for that seat. That, and Jack reached over and patted the seat anyway.
Alex awkwardly shuffled and dodged tables on his way over, and took a seat next to who seemed to be his only current friend right now. But then again, he’d been at the school for a total of about an hour now. So, in his books, he was doing pretty well.
One time a few years ago, he went the whole two years in one place without making one friend. It was pretty lonesome.

“So, where are you from, Alex?” Jack’s voice pulled him out of his thoughts, and Alex looked over at him.

“Oh, I’m from all over the place.”

“What does that even mean?” Jack asked; his voice laced with confusion.

“I move around a lot.” Alex chuckled.

“Oh, really? Where have you been?”

“Uh, there’s actually too many places to name. The last place I was in was Philadelphia.”

“Wow, and you moved all the way to Baltimore?”

“Nope, I’m still in Philly.” He laughed.

“Smart ass.”

“That’s me.”

They both laughed for a few more moments before they were interrupted by Mr Rao.

“Alright boys, I know Alex is new and all that but c’mon, I’m trying to teach here. At least make it look like you’re paying attention.”
Both boys looked to the board; Rao was saying something about Pope’s and countries. It didn’t really make sense to Alex.

--

The class ended rather quickly, and Jack was in his math class as well. Soon enough, it was lunch time. Jack said something about wanting Alex to meet his other friends, and Alex didn't really have a choice since Jack was practically dragging him along.

They ended up in the cafeteria, and was met by a table with around ten people. Jack explained on the way there that there were some friends that he wasn't as close to as others, but they were all still friends.

“This is Alex. Alex, this is Austin, Alan, Jenna, Phil, Tay, Rian, Zack, Vic and Mike. Vic and Mike are brothers, if you’re wondering.” Jack pointed to each person as he said their name, leaving Alex to stumble over each of their names.

There was a serious of ‘hey’ and ‘hello’‘s that were put in Alex’s direction, and Alex just nodded and said hello to each of them back. Jack sat next to the blond girl, Jenna was it? And Alex sat next to Tay. Was that short for Taylor or was it just Tay?

They all erupted into conversation, Alex getting the occasional question. They all seemed to bring packed lunches, some in brown bags and others with lunch boxes. Alex had brought a sandwich for himself, and Jack asked for a bite. Alex let him have one, saying something about only a small bite.

Jack then proceeded to take the biggest bite he had seen a single man take.

“Hey! I said a small bite! That was like freaking Godzilla taking a bite of a building!” He laugh-shouted.

Jack couldn’t help but laugh in reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello~

this is all new to me, so please tell me what you think c:

-sarahmaah