Status: Let's try this out yo

I Swear, I'm Not Stalking You.

Rubber ducky pants.

The school week ended pretty quickly for Alex.

But that could have been because he started on a Wednesday. He had made friends, but he and Jack were only really acquaintances. He had meant to spend more time with the boy, but everyone seemed to want to get to know the new kid. It was a little weird, it had never happened before. Usually he would just blend into the back ground.

Alex rolled out of bed, literally, he rolled out and onto the floor, causing a slight pain to shoot through his left shoulder. Groaning and mumbling something even he couldn't decipher, he stood. His feet were cold on the floor boards, but he continued on and out of his room. Down the hallway, and soon into the kitchen, the first thing he noticed was a note that was left on the bench in plain sight.
He picked up the not and read it;

Alex -
I had to get to work today, something about an emergency.
I left ten dollar for you to get some food if you get hungry.
I should be home around noon, I love you!
- Mum


Ah, the perk of his mother working in a hospital. He put the note on the fridge, and saw the ten dollars held by a magnet on the fridge. He then opened the fridge, seeing a box of strawberries, some meat in a container and other things that didn't really fancy Alex's interest, he closed the fridge.

Looks like he'd have to go up to the shop just around the corner to get something. From what he could remember, he still had half a box of Lucky Charms, and there was no milk in the fridge. So that narrowed it down to what he had to buy.

He shuffled back to his room put on a jacket and some shoes, not caring if he was still wearing his rubber ducky pyjama pants; before he grabbed his keys and left the house, locking it up after he got
out of the door.

It was a short walk to the shop, roughly around five minutes if you were walking fast. But in Alex's case, it would take him around ten minutes. Considering he just woke up, it was pretty good.

--

Shuffling into the small convenient store, he made his way around to the dairy section. Before he could get there though, he was ramming into a torso. He wasn't looking at where he was going, he was looking for the milk. The bump nearly knocked him off his feet, but an arm reached out and caught
him before he could fall.

"Thanks man," Alex said before looking up. He straightened himself out before he looked up.

"No worries, Gaskarth." The voice rang, but Alex knew that voice. It was none other then Jack.

"Fancy meeting you here," Alex laughed.

"Yes, it's awfully convenient." Jack then started to laugh hysterically at his own stupid pun, and Alex tried to stop a smile to appear on his face.

"No, you shut the fuck up." He chuckled. The pun was terrible, but Jack saw a chance and he took it.

Jack looked down at Alex's pants, and chuckled to himself. "Nice pants. Can I take a photo?" He
laughed, making Alex laugh, nodding his head. The taller pulled out his phone while Alex posed and then took the photo. Alex didn't know what he was going to do with the photo, but hey, it was a fun
moment.

Jack put his phone back in his pocket and then something on the shelf next to them, and that's when Alex noticed the blue and yellow polo shirt the boy was wearing. "Yo, do you work here?" Alex asked, a little bit of confusion clear on his face.

"I sure do. Why, do you need to find something?" He asked.

"If you could lead me in the direction of the milk, it would be muchly appreciated."

Jack nodded, and started to walk the opposite direction in which Alex was walking. The taller made a gesture for Alex to follow, which he did. Taking a few long strides, they were in the fridge area and Jack was pulling out a bottle of full cream milk. He handed it to Alex, "This the one you want?" he
asked, and received a nod from Alex.

"Thank you, sir. Now, I just have to buy it." They then made their way back to the front of the store, Alex stopping at the counter and Jack continuing behind it. Jack scanned the item and tapped a few buttons before saying,

"That'll be $2.99." Alex reached into his pocket in search of the ten dollar bill he had acquired at home.

But it strangely wasn't in his pocket. He tried his left pocket of his jacket, and it wasn't there. They were his only pockets. That means he didn't have his money. He was really glad that it was still early in the morning, because he and Jack were about the only people in the shop. Because if not, this would have been really embarrassing for Alex, not that he's already embarrassed.

He sighed heavily and Jack noticed him not handing over the money. "Forgot your money?" He smirked, and Alex just nodded sheepishly. "It's cool. I got it." He pressed a few more buttons, and then the screen said 'Transaction Successful.'

"You didn't have to do that, but I am forever in your debt." Alex smiled, and took a hold of the milk.

"Well, you looked so depressed because you couldn't get the milk."

"You have no idea. I would not have lived without getting milk for my Lucky Charms."

"Well maybe you can repay me one day by letting me have a bowl of your Lucky Charms."

Alex nodded and smirked. "Maybe one day. Just maybe."

And with that, they said their goodbyes and Alex walked home with a smile on his face because he was pretty sure Jack was his friend now, and because he had a bowl of Lucky Charms waiting for him at home.
♠ ♠ ♠
i rewrote it because i really didn't like and it was annoying me. but it's still boring and uneventful

oh well

but trust me, it gets better in the next chapter.