Stella's Sick Little Games

Eleven.

”Stella! Stella, talk to me…” I look out my window from across the room. What the hell was he doing here? I quickly threw on a sweater and climbed out my window. I don’t need him in my room.
“What do you want with me?”
“I wanna know why you ran off. Why didn’t you stay for breakfast that day? Why wouldn’t you stay with me at the park? What’s wrong with me?” My heart hurt.
“What’s wrong with you? You’re no different than any other dirtbag! You were talking to Sydney until you fucked her then you pretended nothing happened. You use girls to get in their pants. I thought you were different! You let me believe you were this good guy who always put others first but you’re not. You’re no better than any other asshole.”
“You can’t use that situation against me. She told you a really twisted version of what happened. We were friends, that’s it. That’s all I wanted with her! We were at a party and I was drunk off my ass. I didn’t even remember that night until Jack filled me in. She was sober and kept provoking my drinking. Once I could barely stand, she brought me upstairs to the guest room. Apparently we had sex. I honestly don’t even remember. She took advantage of me, not the other way around. Stella, I’m not that guy, I didn’t do anything to you, did I? No. I stayed sober to take care of you…” He had a point.
“Yeah, but you don’t remember what happened. That’s what scares me…” Why was I about to cry? Why is he having this much of an affect on me?
“You’re just scared to get close to someone as messed up as you…” He gently touched my arm next to the fresh blood stain coming through my sleeve. Crap.
“Maybe I am. Why do you care so much?” He looked away, pulling his arm back.
“There’s something about you… I can’t explain it but I just can’t get enough. I haven’t been able to get you out of my head. Just… give me one chance. Let me take you on a date?” I bit my lip, my throat was dry. I wanted to say no more than anything…
“Tomorrow night?” No, Stella, stop.
“I’ll pick you up at 7.” No you won’t.
“Perfect.” I watched him walk away.
Why did I just do that? Why can’t I say no to him? He’s right, I am scared. I’m terrified of him but I don’t know why.