Stella's Sick Little Games

Twelve.

I have a date tonight, how is that even possible? Me on an actual date. I can honestly say I didn’t think that’d happen anytime soon. And to think it’s with the one guy I keep telling myself to stay away from. Why can’t I stay away?
I looked at the clock, 6:52. Eight more minutes. If it was possible, my heart would beat right out of my chest. Why am I so nervous? I grabbed my ankle boots with the big heels and put them on. I stared at myself in the mirror for a good few minutes. My long auburn hair was perfectly curled and full of volume. My dress was short, but not too short with long sleeves, of course. He knew my secret, but I didn’t want to deal with the looks from strangers. This is one of the first times in a long time I can honestly say I think I look pretty.
The knock on the door made me jump back a few inches. Why am I freaking out so much? I put my jacket on and grabbed my bag.
“You look… wow.” I felt my cheeks burning up, good thing it was dark outside. He cleaned up pretty good himself. Tell him, come one.
“So where are we going?” Good move, completely ignore the compliment.
“It’s a surprise. I do hope you’re hungry though.” He beat me to the passenger door, holding it open for me. My face broke out into a goofy smile.
“Thanks.” I slid onto the seat and I felt something hit my shoe. An empty bottle. My heart dropped, he really did have a problem. “You… didn’t just drink this, did you?” I picked up the bottle. His face scrunched, almost embarrassed by it.
“Of course not. I actually haven’t had a drink in a few days.” I wanted to not trust him, but I can’t help it. I’ve built up such a wall with everyone but it’s like he’s gone right through. I trust him. Why do I trust him? I don’t trust anyone.
He started driving. “I hope you like the place I picked.” I bit my lip.
“I trust you.” Muttered out. And just like that, I wanted to get out. Fast.