Stella's Sick Little Games

Fourteen.

"So tell me... what would you if you got it wrong? What if I hated Italian food? What if I thought this was cheesy and cheap and I thought you just wanted me here so it'd be easier for you to get in my pants?" I took a bite, wow. He can cook.
"Well... then I guess you wouldn't have been the girl I thought you were. You're special. You're not like all those other girls. Not many girls would actually enjoy this over some overpriced dinner. You're... more the sentimental type. You appreciate the little things." He watched me eat. I couldn't believe he was this perfect. Why did he have such a bad reputation?
"So tell me this... why did you suddenly take an interest in me?" He looked down, his cheeks turned pink. Wow, I really make him blush? That's... adorable.
"I always saw you around school and thought you were pretty. When I saw you at Jack's party... I don't know. I was excited to finally get the chance to talk to you. And when I saw you got a little too drunk, something came over me. I had to be the one to help you out. And when we got back here after and I saw the scars... my heart broke. You've got too much going for you to do that to yourself. You're smart, you're gorgeous, you can get somewhere in life. I don't know, something about knowing that makes me feel not so alone, like someone else is going through a lot and doesn't know how to handle it either. I want more than to get to know you. I want to be the one you know you can go to when you don't know what to do. I want to be the one that scares all the monsters away."
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.
"That... is the sweetest, most genuine thing anyone has ever said to me." He looked up, locking our eyes together.
Suddenly, we were the only two people left on Earth. My guard was down. I'm still terrified, but I don't feel alone anymore. For the first time in years, I can honestly say I'm not alone. And nothing's ever felt so... right.