Stella's Sick Little Games

Twenty-Five.

Never in my life have I ever been so nervous. This could ruin everything. I can’t get arrested. My heart jumped when I heard the door open again. The principle. Great.
“Stella, come with me.” I followed him out to the hallway. “I watched the security tape. She started the fight, there’s nothing they can legally do if you call self defense. I will talk to the parents and talk them out of it. You’re a good student who never gets into any trouble. Just take the rest of the day off and come back tomorrow.”
Thank God. Now if only I could get Alex out of class to come home with me…
“Do you think you can get out of class the rest of the day and come home with me? Please…” He picked up his phone… hopefully he’ll come. I need him. I hate that I need him, but I need him.
“I can’t, I have a big test last period. I’ll be over as soon as school’s over though, okay?”
“…okay.” My heart sank. Why was I becoming so dependent on him? I can’t do that. I can’t deal with this. My mind is racing. My eyes are welling up with tears. I ran out to my car, got in, and that was it. I was hysterical. What the hell is wrong with me? I could’ve just gotten arrested and got off because of a technicality, and I’m miserable.
I took a deep breath, wiping my eyes. I drove off down the road.
Why is it so cold in the house? There was a bang coming from inside my room. My heart dropped. Is someone in the house? This is it. I’m gonna get kidnapped or raped or killed. Great.
“Hello?” I slowly walked towards my door. “Is anybody in there?” Nothing.
I was shaking now. It’d make me crazy not to know what’s going on. I slowly made my way to the door, opening it. I don’t think I’ve ever been so relieved in my life.
“I knew you didn’t wanna be alone, and I know you love surprises…” Alex was sitting on my bed with a bouquet of daisy’s and a box of chocolates.
“Not when they involve breaking into my house and scaring the shit out of me.” I wanted to be mad, but I couldn’t. A huge smile broke out on my face. I couldn’t dream of a better guy and he’s mine. He’s all mine. I sat close to him, taking the daisy’s and putting them on my dresser.
“I figured you’d like the daisy’s instead of typical roses.” I looked over to the pile of CD’s on my floor. Brand New’s album Daisy was sitting on top. I gave him a gentle kiss. It’s the little things that get me.