Stella's Sick Little Games

Thirty-Two.

Silence. I never realized how much I hate sleeping alone until Alex wasn’t here. It’s not that we always spent the night together, he always at least wanted to be with me. But not tonight. Tonight, I’m alone because he doesn’t wanna be with me. Going over everything, I still don’t understand why he freaked out the way he did. I grabbed the teddy bear he gave me for Valentine’s Day and held it tight. I need to stop being so dependent on him. I still need to talk to him. Tomorrow, at school.

“Hey Jack, have you seen Alex?” I ran over to Jack, he would know.
“No… he said he was staying home today but he’s definitely going to Zack’s party later.” He’s avoiding me. There’s no way he wasn’t drinking at that party later. If I wasn’t going with, he probably figures I won’t go. I won’t see him. “Hey… is everything okay between you two? He sounded really weird on the phone and now you don’t know where he is…” I looked away, I really hate getting other people involved in our love life, but I don’t have to tell him everything.
“We were at the park yesterday and we were talking but all the sudden he got really mad at me. We haven’t talked since.” Jack looked almost as upset about this whole thing as I did.
“Listen, I’ll keep an eye on him tonight. Come to the party and try to talk to him. He’s head over heels for you, he’s not gonna keep giving you the cold shoulder. You mean more to him than anything else in the world. Just give him the rest of the day to cool off.” The first bell rang. I hugged Jack tight and walked off.
He always knew how to make me feel better whenever something happened with Alex. Now I just have to get through today. I need to find out what’s wrong with him.