Stella's Sick Little Games

Thirty-Nine.

"Do you wanna go out and grab some lunch while the boys are rehersing downstairs?" Joyce, Jack's mother, looked at me from across the living room as Alex and I walked in.
"Go out and have some fun..." Alex pulled me close, his face nuzzled in my hair, "ask her about Jack's dad." He's right. He kissed my forhead and walked down into the basement.
"Where do you wanna go?" I looked over at Joyce who was grabbing her bag.
"The cafe down by the lake?" She smiled at me, grabbing her keys.
"Perfect." I followed her out to her car.
Suddenly, doubt struck. What if it's a touchy subject she doesn't wanna talk about? What if she thinks I'm some nosy jerk? I've only talked to her a few times, I'm gonna come off too strong. She'll probably think I'm thinking she cheated since the rest of his siblings have the same father.
"Stella?" I looked over, we were already halfway there.
"Hm? I'm sorry. There's just a lot on my mind."
"You wanna talk about it?" She seemed genuinly concerned.
"Well... when we get there. I'd rather that than in the car."
"Oh, okay..."
It was a quiet ride the rest of the way there, thank God it's close by. I followed her down to a table right by the lake after we got our lunch.
"So what'd you wanna talk about? You seem really out of it today..." It's now or never...
"Jack's dad..." The expression fell from her face. "I don't wanna bring up any touchy subject that you don't wanna talk about but Alex had this crazy idea and I just needed to know-" She cut me off. I'm glad she did or else I just would've rambled on and on.
"I just haven't talked about that night in a really long time..."
"You don't have too..." I wish I never brought it up.
"What was that idea you were talking about?" I bit my lip. This couldn't get any worse.
"Alex was thinking that... me and Jack look alike. He doesn't know who his father is and my dad was a scumbag and raped me when I was little so he thought if my dad could do that to his own daughter... and the fact that we look alike and..."
"Stella." Crap.
"Yeah?" My heart was racing.
"Let me talk to the two of you about this at once."