Too Close for Comfort

Three.

My heart was racing, I pushed him off picking up another pillow to hit him with.
"You wish." He grabbed the pillow, pushing me over just enough so I was leaning over the floor. I let out a little scream, thinking I my head was gonna hit the floor any second, but he grabbed my waist, pulling me back up. I felt my face turning redder than before. Again, his eyes gazed into mine, like he was about to kiss me, but being the awkward person I am, I pushed him over, pinning him down. This is it, just kiss him. I started leaning in but there was a knock on the door, causing him to push me off and turn on the TV, acting like nothing happened.
"What are you guys doing?" Jazzie came in. The pillows were fixed and we were each sitting up, watching TV.
"Just watching TV. They’re all boring downstairs." I watched Dougie, my heart was racing. All I wanted was Jazzie to leave so he could kiss me, like he was trying to do… or I think that’s what he was thinking.
"We’re gonna play manhunt, you two wanna play?" I opened my mouth to answer, but Dougie answered immediately for the both of us.
"No, I don’t wanna play with a bunch of little kids."
"Dougie, they’re not all that young."
"Most of them are under thirteen. I’m staying up here." Jazzie gave up, now looking at me.
"Lucy, you wanna play?" I glanced at Dougie, the look on his face was screaming stay.
"I’m good up here. I’m too tired to play." She shrugged and walked out. As soon as she left, Dougie got up to shut the door and I grabbed my phone to check if I had any messages. Before I knew it, I was being pulled backwards by my waist. He took my phone and put it on the night table. My heart was racing. I looked back, he was smirking. He was adorable, and I want nothing more than for him to kiss me right now. We locked eyes. Time stopped. My heart was beating out of my chest. He was about to kiss me.
Then, the door opened. Mr. Poynter. My face turned red as tried to make it seem like nothing was happening.
"Lucy, your dad’s in the car."
"Alright, I’ll be right down." I watched him leave.
"It sucks you have to go. I wish you could just spend the night."
"That would be cool." I grabbed phone and walked with him out of his room. He stopped for a second, grabbing my waist. He pulled me in for a tight hug.
"I’ll see you soon, okay?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded.
He walked me out to the car, acting like nothing happened. We drove off, I felt like I was in heaven. My stomach was full of butterflies. I just wanted to spend every day with him like this. I wanted him.