Too Close for Comfort

Five.

The night went as they usually do: the parents were all out on the back deck drinking and talking and the kids all either played video games in the basement or played something in the yard. Nothing out of the ordinary, just friends hanging out.
Dessert was spread out on the island in the middle of the kitchen, I was leaning against the counter, discretely (I think) watching Dougie in the other room until he came in.
"You guys are boring, I’m going upstairs." He quickly looked over at me and left.
Only about a minute passed and he came back.
"So Dougie, what’s going on with school?" His aunt looked up at him. I watched him talk, mesmerized by every word he said even though it was boring school stuff. At this point, it didn’t matter if someone caught me staring.
When he finished, he quickly shot me a look before heading back upstairs for only two minutes. I chugged my third beer, and this one hit the spot. My head span for a second before I could start walking. I started walking out of the kitchen when Dougie appeared at the bottom of the stairs.
"Come upstairs with me." I bit my lip and followed him up. I jumped onto his bed and laughed like an idiot as I felt my body rock back and forth.
"Are you drunk?" He shut the door and let out a small laugh, watching me.
"No… just a little. I don’t know, Bud Light just does something weird to me… but I like it." He sat down hard next to me just so I would rock back and forth even more.
As soon as I stopped laughing, he started tickling me. I must’ve started screaming because the next thing I knew, his hand was covering my mouth. He didn’t want anyone to know we were doing anything, even if it was just this. Was he embarrassed of me? Why didn’t he want anyone knowing what we were doing? We weren’t even doing anything. I sat up, a blank look went across his face. What is he thinking? I jumped at the knock on his door, I completely forgot there was a whole party going on downstairs. Mr. Poynter opened the door.
"The kids are looking for you two to play something down in the basement." I looked at Dougie.
"I don’t wanna do anything with them, I’m not in the mood." Mr. Poynter looked at me.
"I’m assuming you’re staying up here with him then?" I nodded, watching him leave. I looked over, Dougie was staring at me.