Too Close for Comfort

Nine.

Hey, what are you doing today?
My face lit up waking up to this text. Dougie finally acknowledged my existence. I called him, still too tired to text him.
"Hey, what’d you wanna do today?" I heard him laugh.
"Did you just wake up?" I quickly got up, my face turning red.
"I’m awake. I’m out of bed.." I got up, going over to my closet.
"I’m on my way, I’m picking you up and we’re hanging out all day." I smiled like an idiot, thank God he wasn’t here to see it.
"Can’t you give me any time to get ready?"
I shuffled through my clothes faster, trying to figure out something cute to wear. I don’t understand why I freak out over what to wear when I see him, I’ve spent weeks on vacation with him, he’s seen me at my worst. I put on a pair of jeans and a crop top, comfortable and cute. I had no time to put on any makeup before the doorbell rang. My heart raced as I walked down the stairs and saw Dougie standing there, waiting for me.
"So what are we doing today?" I climbed into the passenger seat in his truck. He looked at me with a smirk. "You’ll see."
He drove off. I was mesmerized by him. I can’t explain it, it’s like meeting your favorite celebrity for first time. You have so much to say, but you can’t find the words to say anything because your mind is running so fast. He left me starstruck in a sense. I looked out the window.
"Are we going to the lighthouse?" He smiled.
"Stop guessing and just enjoy the ride." He rolled the windows down, making my hair fly everywhere. I went to put mine up a little but he locked it.
"Dougie! Unlock my window!" I was laughing, my hair was whipping across my face. He was laughing too.
"Nope!" I tied my hair up the best I could to keep it out of my eyes. I leaned toward him, laying my head on his arm. I glanced up at him, trying to figure out if he was okay with being close like this, his eyes caught mine and that’s all I needed. I watched the road, trying to hide the clown-sized smile that wanted to break through.