Status: Complete.... ?

Beautiful Scars

Chapter 6

“God I miss it. Anyway,” he laughed, blushing. “My turn. Favorite color?”
Athena could tell that Ben obviously loved his parents and home. She guessed that the love was emphasized by his recent lack of privacy and normalcy. She didn’t blame it at all… how difficult it must be to live under a microscope! Clearly, the swing was his safety, taking him back to a simpler time. She knew that he was reliving part of his life a moment ago, and was honored to be a witness to something so personal. She wrote her answer to his question after shooting him a wide smile.
You know the color of the water in Greece? That bright turquoise. Sorry if I spelt that wrong. I’m good at digging, not writing. She waved he right hand in a dismissal gesture and rolled her eyes when he looked at her to emphasize her point. Benedict gave a small chuckle. Your turn! Favorite color?
“Did you see the sky tonight? Dark bluish black. I love it.”
Athena loved getting to know Benedict more. As each question was asked, both discovered the differences and similarities they had. She couldn’t help but notice that they had many things in common… foods, destinations, books, and movies – even views on political issues. She reveled in their newfound connection. She had to get to know this guy better. Maybe she would date him, but that didn’t matter at this point. All she knew was that this man must be her good friend. She wanted to be best friends. For a long, long time.