Red Sky At Morning

He Is The One

The first sign comes during school, as with most of my relationships. Likewise, all start with something seemingly insignificant that I obsess over for days. 
This sign came as a wave-- too shy to be a friendly wave, too discreet to be a dare-- and when I waved back. "Anna, could you please tell the class what the vertex of angle ABC is?" My teacher drones. I hastily blurt the answer and resume my study. Not of Geometry, as I should be doing, but of the boy. His hair is brown and curly-- a perfect match to my long, flowing, black hair in my opinion. His eyes are green, which hypnotize me to catch his gaze. His nose is perfect, fitting him just right. His ears stick out just slightly, and his teeth are straight and white. My staring causes the next question directed at me by the teacher to pass my ears without any realization that I was the victim of the teacher's inquiry. "Anna Rinley, did you even hear me? Or are you to busy trying to ignore Geometry and focus instead on Kyle?" This induces giggles and catcalls from the immature freshmen. I myself am fourteen, but Kyle is sixteen. I blush, and see that Kyle is watching me. Me! I smile at him but quickly turn my attention to my arrogant teacher. 
I have every class with Kyle, so why haven't I noticed him like this before?
I can't help it though. I feel drawn to him, and am noticeably distracted in class. Although trying not to mind the whispers and laughs and nudges directed towards me, one person's remark is the "straw that breaks the camel's back". Of course, I'm not referring to myself as a camel, of course, but that really is a good metaphor for Alexandra's comment. 
Our high school is relatively small, so everyone knows everyone else. Who likes who, who has what issue, who is a virgin, who isn't, which teachers give lots of extra credit, etc. Kyle just happens to be the only one spared from all his, for some unknown reason. I however, probably got one of the worst labels: whore. 
I walked into Literature a minute or two before Kyle did, so I got to hear the tail-end of Alexandra's conversation with Gabrielle.
"I heard that Kyle got himself a whore," Alexandra grins. 
"It's her," Gabrielle whispered. Alexandra turns pale when she catches sight of me. It was then that Kyle walked in. Coincidentally, I was running out of he classroom-- almost in tears-- and ran into him.
His bewitching green eyes held mine, which were probably turning watery and red as he gazed into them. The teacher walked in, and Kyle turned. "Ms. Wren, I'm going to escort Anna to guidance."
Ms. Wren looks alarmed. "What happened?"
Kyle smiled his slightly lopsided grin, saying, "Alexandra called her a whore,"
Ms. Wren's jaw drops and she turns to Alexandra as Kyle and I escape to guidance. 
"Thank you for rescuing me and whisking me to guidance like a knight on shining armor," I say through tears. 
He stops by the janitor closet. "Do you really think we're google to guidance?"
I freeze, "What's going on?"
He opens the closet and leads me into the cramped space. As he leans over me, I realize that my gut-feeling was right. He likes me. My foster family better like him, I think as my lips touch his. His mouth is soft and warm and I stand on tiptoes to get more of this kiss. I thought that this kiss was definitely the best kiss I had ever had, but then it got even better. I whisper into his mouth, "Bonjour!"
He laughs while kissing me at the same time. I lean into him and he groans slightly into my mouth when my nails run up and down his back. 
Kyle starts to pull away, but I follow him. He smiles as I push my body against his and his hand rests on my hip. Just your regular make-out session, except in a closet.
When I finally let him pull away, it's solely because I need to breathe. We smile at each other and I glance at my watch. "Kyle!" I whisper, "It's only been five minutes. Do you wanna go to guidance really quick for a pass saying we went there? Personally, I think disappearing for five minutes will raise a bit of suspicion!" He starts nodding and is about to say something when I kiss him one last time before peeking out into the hallway.
"The coast is clear!" I say, and we walk to guidance-- his arms around my shoulders. I'm unofficially dating Kyle Johnson.