Status: One-Shot

A Maple Leaf Here and There

I'd Rather Curl Up With My Book

Rory was leaning on the arm of the couch, nose deep in a good book. The sound of the wind whirling around outside chilled her to the bone. The fireplace lit up with a cheery, crackling fire. Her large burgundy cardigan fell off her frame, her long brown hair hanging in a curtain over her shoulder. The front door to the house opened "Rory?" Alex called. She could hear the smile in his voice, she didn't say anything and turned the page. "Rory?" He called again much closer this time. She just smiled a bit, finally he spotted her in the living room. "Hey! I got you a coffee." He said setting it down on the table right next to her seat. "Awe, thanks!" She said looking at him. She extended an arm for him to hug her, which he did with great excitement. "Let's go outside! It's beautiful, the sun is just barely starting to go down! It's a bit chilly, there are fallen leaves all over the place."
"Alex." She said exasperatedly. "I'm nice and warm on this couch, plus this is the best part of the book." She held up Lord Of The Rings. "You've read all of them like twenty times!" He groaned. "And?"
"You can recite all of those lines without looking, you can read later." She put the bookmark and looked at him. "Let me drink my coffe-"
"We're going to walk to the park, just bring it."

They walked along the streets of Baltimore on their way to Patterson Park, her mitten covered hands clutching her cup of coffee. "It's a really nice day." Alex said with a smile. He was wearing a hoodie and finger-less gloves to keep him warm. Her brown hair partially kept down thanks to a cream coloured beanie and fingers kept warm by her mittens that could turn into finger-less gloves. Rory scooted closer to Alex as they walked, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and grinned. "You should have put on an actual jacket. That cardigan isn't going to do much for you."
"Hey! It works, I'm not that cold." He just chuckled and said "Whatever you say babe." Her sturdy leather boots were comfortable to walk in all day. They finally got to the park to see huge piles of fallen maple leaves. Rory threw the empty coffee cup away and walked back to see Alex waiting for her on a bench. "Okay so what was your 'amazing idea'?" She smiled at her boyfriend. "Remember when you were a little kid?"
"Yeah?"
"Did you like jumping into leaves?"
"Yeah?"
"We're going to do that."

Rory laughed as she jumped into the large pile of leaves right next to Alex "The suns starting to set." He said with a little grin. "We should climb a tree to watch it." Rory suggested. He smiled and said "Aright, I'll go up first and pull you up after." With that he started climbing the tree. He reached the perfect branch and reached a hand down to his girlfriend. She took his hand and he hoisted her up to the branch. They sat side by side watching the sun start to set "It's so pretty." She said watching in awe. "Aren't you glad you didn't stay at the house reading your book?"
"I guess so." She said with a small smile. Her cinmon colored eyes looked at him.
Alex laughed as he pulled some of the red and yellow mixed leaves from Rory's hair. The long brown tresses wind blown. The beautiful warm fall colours cascading around them.

"Would you like a cup of tea?" Rory called from the kitchen making a pot. "Sure." Alex said from the living room his eyes trained on his iPhone game. She laughed and came out holding two mugs of tea, the hot steamy liquid almost splashing out onto the hard wood floors. "Cute." He said looking at her. She smiled and put the cups down on the coffee table. Rory curled up against Alex's side, he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. "I love sweater weather." She said with a smile. He laughed and said "I know right? We get an excuse to light a fire and drink hot chocolate." She smiled and asked "So why aren't you with the boys anyway?"
"I just wanted to spend time with the most important person in the world to me."
"Jack?" She said with a small smirk. "Oh ha-ha." He replied dryly.

"I love you Alexander."
"And I love you Aurora." They kissed softly as they buried deeper under the blankets trying to warm the cold sheets they were covered in. The morning rays would be coming all to soon for the couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I really really really love Autumn! And All Time Low so YAY!!