Status: Let's see how this goes~

Strangers in Love

You Can't Be Serious

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Mike's voice rang out through the room, his anger and frustration was evident with every word he boomed. "Do you actually realize what you're saying here?"

This had been going on for the last few days, Vic refused to get his surgery that would cost him his leg, and it was needless to say that Mike was far from happy with his brother's decision. However, Vic was just as every bit as stubborn as Mike was, so he wasn't about to change his mind on this. He had beaten this once before, and he was more than determined to do it again. He had a lot more to fight for than when he was seventeen. He had a life now, he had a job, he had Kellin.

Speaking of the soft spoken male, he hadn't really voiced his opinion on the matter too much, mostly because Mike wasn't allowing for anyone else to get a word in edgewise. The other basically sat in the chair beside Vic's bed with his hands in his lap, sometime Vic wasn't even sure if Kellin had allowed for the news to settle in properly. It mostly just seemed like he was worried that Vic was going to go any day now, and by the way Mike was making it seem Vic couldn't really blame him for it.

"Yes Mike, I understand what I'm saying. I'm saying that I don't want to go the rest of my life with just one leg. I can do this and still come out in one piece," Vic explained, sighing in a slight frustration, this conversation had been had several times already and merely left both brothers in a rage. "You just gotta have faith, Mikey."

"Faith? This isn't about faith Vic, I don't understand why you're being so hard-headed about this. This is your fucking life we're talking about here, you can live without a leg, but if this spreads anymore than it already has then you're in a lot of trouble. Do you understand that?" Tension was filling the room quickly, both brother's tempers were flaring and neither of them was ready to back down.

"Mike," Kellin spoke up for the first time in an hour, actually managing to startle the two by reminding them of his presence. "Do you think you could run down to the vending machine and grab me a soda?" The small male reached into his pocket and held out a few loose bills.

The last thing Kellin wanted to happen was the two of them getting too heated and one saying something they regretted to the other. They needed time to relax and wind down before they could talk this situation out. It seemed that Mike understood this because he calmly nodded his head and reached out to take Kellin's money, then he left the room without another word.

"Thanks Kells," Vic spoke once Mike was out of ear shot, he adjusted himself as much as he could to be able to see Kellin. "Sometimes he can be so damn stubborn, but I guess that's just something we both got from our dad." Laughing softly, he outstretched his hands towards Kellin.

"It's weird to see you guys fighting like this, you both talk so greatly about each other all the time." Kellin spoke quietly, placing his hands in Vic's and giving it a soft squeeze.

"What do you think about all this? I don't think I've heard you say anything yet." Vic considered Kellin's opinions to have a high regard, just as much as he did his brother's. If anyone could convince Vic to change his mind it'd probably be Kellin, there was something about that innocent look in his blue eyes that made Vic want to melt.

There was a silence that filled the space between them, it was a bit unsettling to Vic. did Kellin agree with his brother? Maybe Vic was being slightly unreasonable with all of this, it wasn't like he couldn't just get a prosthetic to replace the one he'd be losing after this was over, he could handle that. At least for Kellin's sake he could.

"I just want you to get better," Kellin brought Vic's hand up to his lips and placed a soft kiss to his knuckles. "I don't want to lose you, Vic. Leg or no leg, as long you get to come home again I'll be happy."

"I promise you, right now that I'll be coming home, Kellin. I beat this the first time and I'm going to do it again, okay? So don't you worry about a thing," Vic assured him softly, his eyes never traveling away from Kellin's. "You're so important to me Kellin, I'm not ready to leave you yet."

After talking to Kellin about it, Vic decided that he was going to stick to his decision of not getting the operation done. He felt that as long as he had the support of Kellin and Mike that he could get through this just fine without having to sacrifice his leg to do it.

Though it went against his doctor's recommendations and wishes, he was still trying to find a way they could contain Vic's tumor before it spread to any of his other body parts. It seemed to work too, things were going slowly back to how they were before Vic had been emitted in the hospital. They were even beginning to discuss a possible date for him to come back home again.

Kellin had gone home to get a shower and get changed, his body feeling a lot lighter and relaxed since they had started talking about getting Vic out of the hospital after so long of him being there. He was thinking of planning a special evening for the two of them, they both knew Kellin couldn't cook, so maybe he'd order them some take out and they could watch movies like they did before.

A smile had taken up permanent residence on his face as entered the hospital waiting room to wait for the shift change to finish so he could back to talking with Vic. For once Mike wasn't waiting there when Kellin arrived, they usually spent the time waiting. Before he could take a seat the tall male had entered the room, but by the look on his face Kellin could tell that something wasn't right.

"What?" Kellin asked, his chest feeling heavier than it had in weeks, almost like he couldn't breath. His mind was bringing him back to that first night all over again.

"He's gotten worse, a lot worse." Mike sighed, raking his fingers through his hair with a frustrated sigh. It was obvious that he had a lot of emotions that he was trying to hold back, which really made the situation seem all the more grave.

"What does that mean? What are they saying?" Kellin stepped closer to Mike, his eyes doubling in size while his voice dropped in volume greatly. He felt like his throat was closing and it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

"They're saying that they're not sure how much longer they're going to be able to help it. It was already spreading so quickly, and him refusing to get the operation only allowed it to continue, they think it's too far gone to stop. They don't think- He's- not going to make it." Mike's eyes glistened with unshed tears as he spoke, his hands balling into fist.

Kellin's breath stopped completely, it seemed like the room had started spinning and his thoughts were too jumbled to hear properly. He could feel his lips moving but he was sure that no sound was coming out of it. He fell into Mike's chest, his arms wrapping around his neck instinctively, he needed something, he needed security, he felt like Mike was the only thing still holding him to the room. He was almost too numb to feel Mike's arms wrap around him in return, his body shaking with sobs.

"No, no, no. He promised." Kellin cried into his chest, quickly feeling it become soaked with his tears. He might have been foolish to just take Vic's word for it, but it had provided him with the hope he had needed.

"I know, I know," Mike murmured softly, Kellin felt a few tears hitting his skin from the taller male above him. "He promised me too. He should have gotten that fucking surgery." He buried his face into the top of Kellin's hair, his harsh breath hitting him with each word he spoke.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it got awkward and slow in the middle, I just needed to transition time and just ugh.