Status: I have no life so...frequently

My Brother, His Best Friend and I

Under the lights

I slipped on a pair of yoga pants and a tank-top with our school logo on it, pulled my hair back with ribbon with the logo on it. I looked in the mirror and managed a smile, I grabbed my face paint and went downstairs to meet Jordon, Sydney and my brother.

We were riding up to the game together, since Jason's girlfriend had to ride with the team, I grinned at their face paint. We never went this far out but hey it was an important game and we promised Colin, I handed my face paint over to my brother and closed my eyes.

After he was finished, I looked in the mirror he handed me, my face was half painted with the color of our school and Colin's number on the other cheek, I grinned. "Thanks Jay!"

We piled into Jason's truck, with us girls in the back, we would eat afterwards with Colin and Lacey, the guys were all wrapped up in there conversation and Sydney leaned really closed. "What happened between you and Colin?"

I shrugged "I ended it, I was tired of hiding, three fucking months Syd" I whispered and looked out the window trying to avoid further questions

No I still hadn't told Jason but I had no point to, we were over like it never happened, that didn't help the feeling I had in my stomach. I watched as we pulled up into the parking lot, people jumping all over the place, screaming. I could only imagine what it would be like if we won and went to the championship game.

"We'll go find us some good seats, y'all go find Colin!" Sydney shouted pulling Jordon along with her

We wander around for awhile looking for the locker rooms, I spotted them down the hall and pulled my brother my his sleeve. "Go in and tell him to come out!" I hissed and he rolled his eyes pulling me inside with him

"GIRL IN THE LOCKER ROOM" Jason shouted and he made his way through the bodies "Where's Kaepernick?" and everybody pointed to the room in the back and I felt myself being jerked forward

I opened the door and I saw Colin sitting in the chair with his headphones in, head in hands. My idiot brother knocked over the chair with a loud BANG! and he looked at us with a big grin on his face. He walked over and bro hugged Jason

I watched Jason place his hands on his shoulders "This is what you've been waiting for, go out there and leave everything on the line, you can do this and if you happen to come up short, just know I will always be proud of you brother" I smiled he was sorta nice

"Thanks man, I wouldn't have made it this far without you' They bro hugged again and made me take a picture of them; goofballs. My brother went to find Lacey before the game started leaving me alone

"This is it" he said and I smiled "I'm winning this one for you baby" it took everything in my being not to latch onto him and never let go.

I shook my head "Win this for you!" I pointed a finger at his chest and he just laughed, I wrapped my arms around his waist feeling all his pads push against me.

I looked up at him and he held up his phone I rolled my eyes, then he froze and rubbed his thumb across my cheek. "Don't flatter yourself honey, Jay did my face paint"

He stuck his tongue out, I handed him my camera and drew close, he took the picture and handed it back to me. I leaned up and kissed his cheek and walked out, I made my way through the busy halls and located my brother and my friends four rows up.

I sat between my brother and Sydney, both teams came running out, We all cheered when Colin waved at us.

I sat on pins the whole game, every time something happened my gut would knot up, less thirty seconds left on the clock we had the ball down by six, we needed a touch down and the extra point to win.

Colin threw the Hail Mary, I wasn't even looking, then everybody jumped outta their seats, I opened my eyes and he had done it, he caught it and Touchdown! I looked at my brother who wasn't even paying attention I followed his eyes and they landed on a limp Colin.

The trainers and players were standing around him, I jumped up and ran to the railing, I could hear my brother on my ass. We watched as they put him on a stretcher and cart him off the field, I heard shouts of let's win this for Colin, as they set up for the extra point, I just held my brother as he held me.

We finally were able to make our way out of the arena and to the locker room and he was coming out on crutches, I just let go of the biggest breath I was holding in, my brother finally let go of him "You two looked like you had seen a ghost" Colin smiled

"You scared the shit outta us!" I shouted

"My knee is a little banged up and my ribs are bruised but other than that I'll be fine" I looked over at my brother who still hadn't said anything

"YOU FUCKING DID IT!" He finally yelled "WE ARE GOING TO CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!"

I slapped his arm, I guess he realized Colin wouldn't be ready to play in a week, and his face fell "I'm sorry man"

Colin still had the biggest grin on his face "It's all good man!, We made it this far, I know Brandon can take us the rest of the way!"

I gulped at his name, Brandon called me earlier today and asked me to the dance tomorrow night, I don't know how he knew me but I knew I had no other choice so I said yes. We were getting a limo with Lacey, Jason, Colin, Jamie, Jordon and Sydney and I was determined to have a good time.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder, I looked up and saw Colin looking down at me "Ready to go celebrate?"

"I'm so proud of you Kap!" I yelled excitedly as we made our way down the hall, he just had the biggest grin on his face, after walked down a little further till he managed to pin me against the wall

"I won that for you baby" He whispered

"I should also mention that Brandon asked me to the dance and I said yes." He looked away hurt and pissed "Why should you be upset?, you're going with Jamie!" I paused "You can't except me to sit at home and cry about it!"

"I know, I know" We continued walking down the hall until we met up with the others

They were dropping Sydney and I back off at my house so they could go drink, I didn't wanna be hungover trying to get dressed for the dance tomorrow. I tossed myself on my bed next to Syd who was already passed out, last I looked at my clock it said one forty five.