Damaged

Chapter 1

"Pull over!" A heavily intoxicated Derek Hale pointed to the side of the road where a lone jeep was parked, demanding his painfully sober driver, Erica Reyes, to move in that direction. She threw him a confused look, which received no explanation in response; instead he just gestured for her to hurry up. Derek rushes from the car, after fumbling with his seatbelt for a few moments of course, and she has no idea what is going on. Then again, many people fail to understand the workings of the drunken mind.

After a moment, noise floats up to her ear coming from the back of the car; Erica, curious to see his intent, slid from the driver's seat to find Derek with a crowbar held firmly in his hand. With a determined look on his face and perhaps a vengeful gleam in his eye, Derek marched towards the jeep before them; mutters that sounded something about Kate sounded under his breath as he advanced.

She observed, amused at the sight of him smashing the windows of the jeep that was the target of his rage; she really shouldn't enjoy seeing him to this, but in her defense, it was hilarious to see him so angry. One positive to the situation was that it was letting him get some of his anger out, even if said anger was let out on a poor, unsuspecting jeep and its owner. Unfortunately, Derek thought it belonged to his ex; but in his intoxicated state, it was an easy mistake to make. True, she probably should have pointed out that it was the wrong car, that did not resembled Kate's in any way, but she was too good of a best friend to bring it up.

He needed this, to let his anger out; luckily it was out on something and not someone. Drinking had released some of the stress, but it wasn't enough. In the end, this was one of the better solutions she could think of. She would leave a note afterwards, to apologize and offer for Derek to fix the damage dealt by his hand, as it was the least she could do for the service the jeep had provided. As she thought of this plan, Derek staggered back from the thoroughly wrecked vehicle, seemingly impressed and satisfied with the alarming amount of damage.

"Let's go." He slurred in her direction, before gracefully making his way back to the car, only tripping over his feet a few times. Erica had decided to play the greatest friend of all time, as she always did, letting Derek get completely smashed while she stayed sober; she despised this role, but it was better than the man from trying to drive himself. Derek's sister was not going to be happy about his current state, she knew this, but it was a problem for another time. And preferably, for a person other than herself to deal with.

He slid into the passenger seat of the car while she looked over the note she had been writing while he had been having his destructive meltdown; it wasn't perfect, but it would do. She placed the note on the windshield of the car, carefully avoiding the jagged glass, before taking a step to admire the crushed metal that had once been a vehicle. No matter how cruel it was to think so, she couldn't help laughing at the thought of the expression that would be on the owner's face when they saw the mess.

Once back in the driver's seat, she started up the car and pulled it away from the jeep; she decided that it would probably be better to drive to Derek's home, considering it was his car, before walking to her house. On the way to the Hale household, Erica couldn't help but grin as she mentally recalled what she had written in the note; oh, Derek was going to kill her.

Dear Random Jeep Owner (Though, it isn't much of a jeep anymore),

My name is Derek Hale. I'm sorry about the damage caused to your jeep, even though it was pretty crappy to start with. I am a lousy drunk, who accidentally confused your jeep with that of my ex's; the damage you see is from me destroying it with a crowbar. To repay you, I will fix the jeep to you. I know a lot about fixing cars, so I will do it for free. Another plus is that I am a very attractive male. Do with that information what you will and I hope you have a good night, despite your wrecked ride. )

On the back of the note, was Derek's address and phone number, for the person's convenience; and then he couldn't get out of fixing the person's jeep. Yes, Derek was definitely going to kill Erice. But in the end it was all his fault for making her the designated driver.