Importance

Two

"Ah, so you passed your first big assignment. Congrats, though that certainly explains why she doesn't like you." Kris sighs, getting a tighter hold on Sun Ji before continuing. "Why don't you go train with Youngguk today. I'll take care of training Sun Ji."

Sun Ji watches him run off, shock gracing her features as Kris finally lets go of her and turns her to face him.

"How-"

"Do I know who you are? We have a file. We know where you were born, where you've lived, your hobbies..." He shrugs as if to say it's no big deal before continuing. Now, why don't you show me what you can do."

"What I can do?"

Kris shakes his head at her response, a smile making it's way onto his face.

"Yes. You've established the fact that anything can be used as a weapon, but you also need to know how to fight with your body rather than objects. Get into a fighting stance."

Sun Ji adjusts her posture and settles into a stance that vaguely resembles a guard position. She remains in that stance as Kris circles around her, eyes scanning her intently.

"Your posture is fine and you've got the basis of the stance, but you're not quite there." He stops behind her, placing his hands on her waist and turning her to the right just a little. "You want your body at an angle. With the way your feet are placed for this stance, it'd be difficult to fight if you were fully facing forward."

"It is hard to move." She agrees reluctantly, watching as he moves to stand in front of her again.

"Bring you fists up a little higher; you want to protect your pretty face, not leave it open to attacks." He offers a smile in response to her flushed cheeks and continues to correct the small mistakes here and there. "Everything else looks good."

Sun Ji returns to her normal standing position as Kris walks away, returning a few moments later with a square shaped pad, not unlike the one she had used against Ilhoon earlier.

"For now we'll focus on your punches and blocking. After you get that down we'll move on to other combat moves, ok?"

She nods, settling back into the proper version of the stance he had helped her into earlier.

"Good. Try a straight punch first and don't go easy."

She throws a punch, hitting the pad in the center.

"Please tell me you can hit harder than that." Kris says dryly, watching with satisfaction as Sun Ji throws another punch - with more force than the previous one. "Good, now try again."

This continues on for another half hour until Kris finally deems her abilities adequate enough for her to move on. He points her towards the door in the back that Rain had mentioned earlier; pulling out his phone and dialing as she runs off. By the time the person on the other end picks up, she's already out of sight.

Sun Ji hurries down the stairs, stopping on the landing as two dark haired men round the corner and pass her. One offers a nod in way of greeting towards as they go up, the other talking animatedly.

"Can you believe he's back already? That's got to be the quickest completed mission ever!" He continues on, his voice growing fainter as the distance grows. "- and I heard when he went through training with Kris that he beat him! No one's managed to beat Kris, ever. Dragon's a total-"

Sun Ji blinks, startled, as the door clangs shut and the conversation is lost. She has no idea who this 'Dragon' is, but the way those two talked makes it seem like he's one to watch out for. She continues down the stairs, opening the door at the bottom and going on to the shooting range. She stops a little ways in front of the door, eyes scanning the rather empty area. There are only a few people and they're too wrapped up in their own doings to notice the newcomer.

A red haired woman is on the far end, a beautiful dark haired man at her side watching her as she shoots. Not too far from where Sun Ji is standing, a lithe brunette is perched on the edge of a table idly rolling a bullet between her fingers as she talks.

"You know, everyone's talking about how good you are at things...The way people praise your fighting skills makes you seem like some kind of god."

The man next to her doesn't reply, only checks the gun chamber and extends a hand towards her. She drops the bullet into his open palm and offers a coy smile.

"Hyuna, get off the table." A voice calls, causing Sun Ji to tear her gaze away from the pair. "Jiyong, glad to see you've returned."

The man places the gun on the table, turning in Sun Ji's direction as the brunette- Hyuna- slides off the table. His eyes flicker towards Sun Ji briefly, seeming to hold the tiniest bit of curiousity, before focusing on something to her left. She turns to follow his gaze, reluctantly pulling her attention away from him.

"You're free to practice as long as you need. Hyuna, if you're going to watch Jiyong please do so from somewhere other than the table." The voice belongs to that of a dark haired man, whose hair sticks up in a manner that suggests he just rolled out of bed. "As for you, I'm guessing you're the newest addition. Have you ever used a gun before?"

It takes Sun Ji a moment to realize he's asked her a question and when she responds it's with a small shake of her head. The man nods, directing her to one of the tables further down where a box of ammunition and an empty handgun lay. She wanders over to it reluctantly, the man following and checking his phone as they go.

"Good news, the boss is ready to meet you." He puts his phone away, dark eyes studying her as he explains. "We'll do more practice later, depending on how things go with the boss. For now, load three bullets into the gun and fire three shots at the target."

Sun Ji stares at him in alarm, nervously tucking strands of auburn hair behind her ear before she picks up the gun. She holds it carefully, opening the chamber after a few moments and slowly placing three bullets in the gun.

"Good. Now shut the chamber, aim, and shoot."

Sun Ji does as he says, flinching at the noise when she shoots. She glances towards him, worry evident on her face, only to turn back towards the target when he nods. She fires twice more, still flinching though less than before and lowers the gun before carefully placing it on the table.

"Well," he says slowly, pointing towards the paper target. "You can hit the target just fine. Your aim needs a little work, though."
♠ ♠ ♠
Special thanks to:
Aleumdaunn.
Xia;