Status: <3

I Count Your Heartbeats Before You Sleep

I count your heartbeats before you sleep

Kellins P.O.V

I woke to the sound of heavy rain falling outside, I could feel the cold winter air that circulated the apartment I shared with my boyfriend Vic. It was a small apartment but it was comfy, it was home. I tried to stretch out only to be constricted by Vic’s arm wrapped protectively around my waist so I snuggled into his side sharing the warmth under the covers, he stirred slightly in his sleep but then held me tighter to his chest. I nuzzled my face into his neck breathing in his scent as our legs entwined. I lay there listening to his heart beat thinking of how perfect the sound was, It was letting me know this was real and so where the last three years that we had spent together, but of course it wasn’t perfect we had our ups and downs as every couple had but at the end of it all I knew that I loved him and would not change one thing. I was pulled from my thoughts when I felt a gentle kiss placed on the top of my head, I looked up into those deep brown eyes that I adored and smiled

‘Morning kells’ he said in his croaky morning voice ‘Morning Vic’ I replied as he leaned down to press his soft lips to mine for a quick morning kiss, as he pulled away I wrapped my arms around his neck pulling him back down kissing him with more force than before, he smiled into the kiss and chuckled as we separated, he closed his eyes snuggling back down in the bed

‘C’mon Vic wake up’ I wined hitting him playfully ‘mmh five more minutes’ he mumbled as he turned in the bed ‘Fine, I’m going to make breakfast’ I sighed as I got out of bed.

I was rushing around the kitchen trying to make some pancakes for me and Vic as he decided to be lazy this morning. I was cooking the pancakes when I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist, I leaned back into his embrace his toned chest against my back as I flipped the pancakes. ‘smells good’ Vic said sleep still coating his voice ‘They’re almost done’ I said his head was resting on my shoulder and I turned to look at him he had his eyes closed with a smile on his face as he gently rocked us side to side, I loved the days like this when he was especially affectionate.

Once we had devoured our breakfast we ended up on the sofa together cuddling while watching movies and it’s here where we spent most of our day, it was quite apart from the sound of the TV and the rain lashing down outside. Little words needed to be said we just laid there enjoying each other’s company and occasionally sharing sweet kisses.

It wasn’t until late afternoon when the rain had finally stopped pouring down and the credits of our 3rd movie where rolling we shifted on the sofa sitting up and stretching our tired limbs ‘Want to go for a walk kel?’ Vic suggested after spending all day in the house a walk would do us good and the rain had finally let out ‘Yeah sure, let me just grab a jumper’ I replied as I stood up and returned to our bedroom.

Once we were outside I felt the cold Michigan air hit me sending shivers down my spine, Vic must have noticed as he rubbed my sides gently in an attempt to warm me up. I laced our fingers together as we walked down the quiet streets of our town enjoying the fresh air and the smell the rain had left, we had been walking for about half an hour talking about anything and everything, we hadn’t noticed the dark clouds circling above our heads. It was hard to notice things when I was so engrossed in Vic. I could see it was starting to get late ‘We should get home it looks like it’s going to rain again’ Vic stated and we started making our way back when the heavens opened.

‘Shit’ Vic laughed the rain was coming down fast and heavy immediately soaking us from head to toe, we started to run through the now empty streets like lunatics in a race to get back to the warmth of our apartment. Our fingers where still entwined and we were stepping in puddles as we ran laughing.

We finally came to a stop trying to catch our breath, It was now dark and I walked out into the road and closed my eyes letting the rain fall down on me enjoying the moment ‘C’mon kells let’s get home before you get sick’ Vic said he was now standing in front of me ‘it doesn’t matter you can look after me’ I laughed remembering the last time I was sick and Vic played nurse, he always did worry too much. Vic pouted but couldn’t help but let a little chuckle escape his lips.

I pulled him closer to me wrapping my arms around his neck, looking up at him and smiling, he pulled me closer by my hips his thumbs slowly rubbing them through the fabric. I collided my lips with his, he kissed back immediately with equal force, we continued to kiss with the rain coming down all around us but all that mattered was this moment and it was perfect, I could still feel the butterfly’s in my stomach every time we kissed. He brought one of his hand up to cup my cheek gently rubbing it as I tangled my hands I his wet hair. When we finally pulled apart we were gasping for air but our forheads where still pressed together as we looked into each other’s eyes and smiled ‘You’re so beautiful Kellin’ he said breathlessly I felt my cheeks flush red and I looked down at the ground but he wasn’t having any of it and placed his finger under my chin lifting my head up so I would look into his eyes once again ‘I mean it, I love you’ he confessed.

I would never get tired of hearing those words they warmed my heart, nothing was better than the way he made me feel. ‘I love you too Vic, more than anything’ He smiled and place his lips back to mine for another passionate kiss ‘Let’s get home, we’re soaked’ he said as we pulled apart grabbing my hand in his once again and we began walking back to our apartment smiles plastered on our faces.

We were once again tangled with each other on our sofa. After finally arriving home we changed, drying off and ended up watching TV together in our pyjamas. I wasn’t paying much attention to the TV letting my thoughts wander. I had my head rested on Vic’s chest listening to his heart beat as his chest rose and fell rhythmically, I felt myself slowly drifting to sleep in his arms. His fingers were tracing small shapes on the back of my hand absent mindedly as he watched whatever show was on TV. I let the darkness consume me.

I awoke to the feeling of a kiss being placed on the side of my head and I shuffled around slightly searching for Vic’s warm body ‘Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you’ Vic whispered softly as I opened my eyes I realised I was still on the sofa and Vic was standing, leaning over me ‘mmh its ok’ I mumbled quietly shifting slightly trying to go back to sleep ‘let’s go to bed kells, your tired’ he said ‘Don’t want to move’ I murmured ‘Guess I’m going to have to carry you aren’t I?’ Vic chuckled slightly at my laziness picking me up in his strong arms like I weighed nothing. I nuzzled my face in his chest and groaned, Vic just laughed. He carried me through our apartment and into the bedroom we shared, he cautiously placed me on the bed and laid next to me pulling the covers over both of us.

As I felt the warmth surround my body I reached out and let out a small whine wanting Vic, I felt the bed move a little and Vic shuffled closer wrapping his arms around me ‘shh baby, I’m here’ he whispered softly I snuggled into his body feeling safe in his arms, It was almost impossible for me to sleep without him there, I needed him more than he would ever know.

‘Sweet dreams kel, I love you so much’ he whispered so softly I could just about pick it up. I smiled and captured his lips in mine for a quick goodnight kiss ‘I love you more’ I whispered and let sleep take over my body, his heartbeat my lullaby mixed with the sound of the rain lightly hitting the window the world around me went dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, this is my first ever fanfic and I hope it didn't suck too bad but comments are appreciated and if people seem to like this I might write more :)

Thank you for reading ~ Cait xx