Hero

Chapter Three

The next morning Oli woke slowly, his head pounding, to the nurse bustling around, checking things and changing his dressings. He felt a weight in his hand and looked to the side to see Jordan fast asleep holding his hand, his head on the edge of Oli's bed.
Oli turned back to the nurse who smiled at him.
"He's a very sweet young man, he wouldn't leave you for one minute." Oli attempted a weak smile.
"H...how am I?" The nurse chuckled.
"You tell me hon, how are you feeling?"
"Just....sore..." She nodded sympathetically.
"I'm not surprised, if you're in pain Oliver call for a nurse." He nodded.
"Oli, please." She agreed.
"Okay Oli, so do you remember what happened?"
"I went back to get my iPod charger...my dad was there...and he did...this." The nurse nodded.
"That's right. Has this happened before Oli?"
"Yep. All the time. That's why I was sleeping under the bridge..."
"How did you and Jordan meet?"
"He saved me after I got gay bashed from some guys at school." The nurse looked heartbroken and Oli chuckled.
"Sorry. I promise I'm not as damaged as I sound." She smiled.
"Do you have any other family Oli?"
"Mum left when I was a kid, dunno where she is, and I never met the rest of the family so...Jordan's about it..." As he said it Oli realised how alone he actually was, Jordan was like his only family. No. No that wasn't true. He had Matt and Lizzie at the bar, Harry and Pete from the bridge, and Lee and Matt.K from school. He wasn't alone.
"Well, you two have each other, and trust me, he's not going anywhere sweetie." Oli flushed and smiled as the nurse said goodbye and left.

As Oli watched Jordan sleep he began to stir and he rubbed his hand. Jordan looked up at him and smiled.
"Hey."
"Morning sleeping beauty." Jordan laughed and looked Oli up and down sadly.
"I'm ok Jordan, thanks to you. How did you know where to find me?" Oli started welling up and so did Jordan as he explained how he went to the bar, the hospital, to his apartment several times, then the bridge where the guys had told him his address, to Oli's apartment.
"...t-thank you.." Oli reached out for Jordan and he reached up for a hug gladly. When they pulled apart Jordan sat up on the bed and they talked for hours before Oli went back to sleep again. The nurse came back in and told Jordan to go get something to eat and go to the loo but he wouldn't, until Danny came.
"Thanks for calling me you bitch. Now come on, the kid's asleep, don't make me wake him up cause I will do it." Jordan relented and went to a nearby restaurant with Danny who bought them both a massive lunch and coffees.
"Right. Now we can go back." As they walked Danny had to ask.
"Jordan-"
"I know I shouldn't be getting involved and I'm not!! I didn't kiss him or anything-"
"Shut up that's not what I was gonna say!!"
"Okay then what?" Danny stopped Jordan.
"He's not your regular 17 year old. He's got issues and so have you, if anything that makes you even better suited. Looking at you the other day, and again in there...if you're ready just go for it Jordan." Jordan smiled and quickly hugged his best friend.
"Thank you. I mean it."
"I know, now come on lover boy, Oli's probably waiting." When they got back to the hospital Jordan was alarmed to see the doctor and two nurses running in.
"What's going on-"
"Wait outside!!!" Jordan stood rigidly outside the door with Danny.
"He's got this far Jordan he'll pull through. Whatever it is." Jordan didn't reply. He'd assumed that when Oli woke up, it was just recovery to worry about. He hadn't anticipated that he could slip away again.
Suddenly there was a scream from inside the room, followed by more, Jordan sat down in the chair with his hands over his ears, Danny didn't know what to do so he just held Jordan while he rocked back and forth slightly.
The screams continued before the doctor came rushing out.
"Jordan!! Get in here." Jordan rushed in and saw Oli thrashing around like a madman, now two male nurses were trying to hold him down to stop him from injuring himself.
"What's wrong with him?!" Jordan asked frantically, the doctor took him up to Oli.
"Listen, we didn't know this before but he suffers from sleep paralysis, with the trauma of what he's been through lately it's turned more violent."
"What does that mean?!"
"He's basically having a panic attack crossed with a very severe nightmare. Sleep paralysis can make nightmares seem like they're real and actually happening, leaving the victim helpless against it." Jordan looked at Oli again who had stopped screaming and seemed to be choking.
"What's happening?!"
"He's being strangled or choking or something in his dream and it's making him do it in real life. Jordan we need you to talk to him, hold him, tell him it will be alright and try to calm him down. We don't want to use sedatives to treat this unless it is absolutely necessary." Jordan tried to hold onto Oli but he struggled out of his grip so, very self-consciously, he climbed on top of Oli and straddled his hips, hugging him tightly.
"Oli it's Jordan, you're ok, it's not real I promise it's just a dream. You're safe ok? You're here with me babe, please wake up, you're ok...." Oli stopped choking and gradually calmed down, eventually going limp in Jordan's arms and his breathing returning to normal. Jordan slowly climbed off him again and, not letting go of his hand, turned to the doctor who looked far beyond relieved.
"Well done Jordan. Thank you for your help."
"Thank you too doctor..." Jordan was shaking slightly and one of the nurses told him to sit down, he lied down next to Oli on the bed, blushing slightly when he curled up to him, burying his face in Jordan's neck.
"We'll get your friend in." They all left and Danny came in, relieved when he saw the two curled up.
"Thank fuck for that!! What was wrong with him?"
"Sleep paralysis, basically...really severe nightmares." Danny nodded and sat down in the chair.
"Will he be ok?"
"Yeah...it's just...I dunno, maybe..his subconscious' way of dealing with everything?" Danny watched Jordan wrap one arm round Oli and the other fiddled with his hair.
"You're so fucking cute." Jordan chuckled quietly and kicked Danny on the knee gently.
"So who's the headboard banger chick?" He winked and Danny laughed.
"Oh her...yeah...she's great. Her name's Charlotte. I don't see it-"
"Going anywhere though? Funny that cause you've shagged about 2000 different women in your life and you've said that about every single one of them. Something you want to tell me Dan?"
"Yes babe, it's you, I've been holding out for all these years." Jordan laughed and after a while Danny left, Oli woke up and Jordan spoke to him about what had happened.
"Really?..." Oli looked sad and Jordan tilted his chin up.
"Hey what's up?"
"You're gonna think I'm such a fucking weirdo now, you probably think I'm mental or-"
"Shut up Oli I don't think that at all. I think you've been through a lot and it's understandable." Oli smiled weakly, unconvinced and Jordan kissed his forehead without thinking, suddenly the atmosphere became very awkward and tense between the two of them.
"Umm...sorry...don't know why I did that..."
"No I mean...it was nice you know...."
"Yeah, ok thanks..." Jordan pulled away from Oli and he looked hurt.
"What's wrong?"
"I just....this...it's...we can't."
"What? Why?"
"Because...you're still not 18, I'd feel like I was taking advantage, and, and you've gotta live with me for Christ's sake Oli!!"
"Live with you?" Oli's face brightened and Jordan mentally slapped himself.
"Shit. Yeah, umm..the doctor doesn't want you going back to the apartment and I said you could stay with me...he was meant to be talking to you about it..." Jordan had to stop himself falling off the bed then as Oli threw himself on him, hugging him tightly.
"Are you sure?!?"
"Well yeah.."
"Thank you Jordan, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!" Jordan laughed awkwardly as Oli kissed his cheek and fell back, grinning happily.
"But see? If we've gotta live together we can't do...that."
"Why?"
"What if we break up Oli? Can you imagine how awful that would be?" Oli sighed.
"I know, okay...for now..." Oli replied cheekily, Jordan raised an eyebrow.
"Excuse me?"
"I'm irresistible. You won't be able to stay away." He winked and Jordan elbowed him gently.
♠ ♠ ♠
Helloo!!! Please comment!!! I need the thoughts guys!! Thanks @Anne Ashes for commenting <3 ^_^