Status: Complete

I'm Not Insane

Chapter 14

Good morning. Did you watch the news like I told you to? Great. What did you hear about? Oh damn. How many were murdered? That’s a shame. How many injured? Less than I thought. Missing? That’s good. Any other interesting stories? Nah. I don’t care for sports.

How’s the weather? I haven’t seen the sun in about a year. I can never tell when it’s sunny. Not a single area of this ward has a window. I could always tell when it’s rainy though. The walls are thin so I can hear rain drops and thunder pretty easily. I wish they weren’t thin. Therefore I wouldn’t have to listen to people’s screaming twenty-four/seven. Especially the screaming from the electro-shock therapy room. I get shivers just thinking about it.

What’d you say? You heard from my parents? Oh, joy! Tell me what they said! Tell me! Tell me! Tell me!

They… They gave you a letter? When? Two months ago? Do you have it with you? I want to see it.

To whom this may concern,
Through our research, we found you are a distant cousin of our daughter’s. It is with great grief to tell you that she was sent to a mental asylum after committing a drastic crime. They store her away in the criminally insane ward. According to the records we found, you live no more than a mile away from her. You’re the closest family member. Please go and talk to her. Convince her she is insane. That’s all the hospital wants. Then try to bring her home. Don’t take her back here. We don’t want anything to do with her. Adopt her or something. As long as she doesn’t come back to this specific house we’re fine.
- The Parents


What bullshit is this? Get this out of my face! My parents promised they would get me out of here themselves! Whoever this is doesn’t even sign my name. They can’t be my parents.

Why do you want to know what they look like? Well, my mom has black, curly hair and my dad is bald with glasses. He’s about a foot taller than my mom. Tanner, too. You’re telling me the people you saw looked like this? Why did you wait so long to tell me about this letter? You could’ve told me earlier about my parents! You could’ve told me earlier that you’re “helping” me because you have to, not because you want to!

Where’s the garbage? I’m throwing this bullshit away. No garbage? Fine. I’ll rip it to pieces. I’ll start throwing everything I find across the room too. So help me I will.

Why are you calling the doctors? I don’t need to calm down. You just need to leave. That’s right. Get out. Get out before I throw this brick at you.

DAMMIT! I JUST MISSED YOUR FACE! Stop calling the doctors. I’m fine. I don’t need the insulin! Just leave before I fucking kill you!

Look what you did! A doctor’s here! Everything’s fine, doctor. I don’t need you. I swear to God I’ll kill you both if you don’t leave. I’ll throw this brick at you.

GET AWAY FROM ME!
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOO! DRAMA!