Status: Complete

I'm Not Insane

Chapter 21

Back already? It’s only been a day. That’s definitely not enough time to go through all the newspapers that were written about me. Oh. No wonder you came back right away. You didn’t even go through any of them.

Do you really want to know what happened? Fine. I’ll tell you what happened. Just know that I am not the insane person everyone claims me to be.

So I had a drinking problem. Not such a big deal. No one judged me for it. I was popular at school. Everyone loved me. All the girls wanted to be me and all the guys wanted to get in my underwear. All the guys I did it with said I was at my best when drunk.

One boy, Brian Schultz, loved me a little too much. He followed me everywhere. Tried giving me flowers. Chocolates. All that junk. I wouldn’t let him. I hated the kid. What a fucking geek. He had big ass glasses that were too big for his face. Buck teeth. Greasy hair. Horrendous acne. The kid was hideous. I hated looking at him. I hated talking to him.

I tried to avoid him the best I could but it became too much after a while. He followed me home quite often and he wasn’t uncomfortable about showing the pictures he took of me. What a fucking creep. I’ve gotten physical with him before the big shebang. I’ve broken his nose. Knocked out a tooth. A contact shattered in his eye. I even broke his arm. His parents told him to stay away from me. He thought he did but if I was still able to see him, that’s not getting the fuck away from me.

Around midnight one night, I was just coming home from having some hot sex with some random guy I met on the street. I was drunk out of my mind. By the time I reached my house, I caught sight of Brian. He was across the street, hands in his pockets, whistling. From what I remember he was walking home in the direction of his house. Seeing him pissed me off. He was supposed to stay away from me but no. I still saw that ugly ass.

Next thing I knew, I was following him with an ax that I had gotten out of my shed. He never heard me coming. I never made a sound until throwing the ax down at his head the first time. His scream didn’t even last a second. The amount of blood was gross but I pulled through. I kept chopping.

I woke up the next morning in my bed, hungover and covered in Brian’s blood. I wasn’t shocked at all. In fact, I was proud of what I did. Still am. The only reason I was caught was because his pieces were found where he was last alive and my bloody footprints trailed to my room. Now here I am in an asylum.

There you have it. I, Carmen Baker, killed Brian Schultz. Do I think he deserved it? Of course. All he had to do was stop following me. He could’ve fixed himself up a bit but beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

See. I’m not insane.