Status: Complete

I'm Not Insane

Chapter 26

It feels so good to be wearing normal clothes again! Thank you for this dress. It’s beautiful!

Oh, my hair? Nurse Alice did it for me. Do you want to know what she told me? She said she’s so proud of me. She’s a lot nicer now that I’ve confessed. At least from what I remember.

I said goodbye to all my neighbors. They’re sad to see me go. They all said I was their sanctuary. I can’t tell if I’ll miss them. I don’t remember much about them.

Can we go outside now?

Holy shit!

I don’t remember Mother Nature being this beautiful! Look how green the grass and trees are! And the sky! Last time I saw it, it was black with clouds and if I remember right, it cried along with me. Now there isn’t a cloud in sight and it’s so blue! I don’t know how to describe it. Is that a bird I hear? I can’t even remember when I last heard a bird sing. Look at the bunny sitting by your car! Look at all the happy people walking around. And the flowers! They smell so good! Is this what Mother Nature always smells like? I never realized this before. And it feels so good to have the breeze blowing in my hair. One definitely can’t experience any of this in that asylum.

Oh, cuz.

I’m free!

I’m free, I’m free, I’m free!
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one more chapter to go!