Sequel: Just Us
Status: Posted this on quotev originally, so I'm just copy and pasting updates.

Stand Up

Oh Brother

Lizzie's PoV

*One Week Later*

"Are you sure about this?" Andy asked me for the tenth time. I sighed.

"Yes Andy. I'll be fine."

"Will you Lizzie? He may be your dad, but he has caused you a lot of trouble in the past. What makes you think now will be any different?" CC asked. Andy wrapped arms around my waist.

"I'm not exactly thinking. He's my dad like you said. I just hope. Things have gotten so much better in my life, I met my favorite band, got away from my mom, got a job, came onto warped and met even more people I have always looked up to,I started dating Andy, and life is good." I told the band and Leah.

We were in Boston Massachusetts sitting in the tour bus. My dad was staying about an hour out of Boston. Ever since he called me a week back we had kept in touch. He said how he was too old to be going in and out of jail, he was in his early 60's. He had decided to get clean, and since he had been for a while he wanted to see me. Warped came to Boston and I figured now was a better time then ever.

"I wish I could come with you. Just to make sure." Andy said softly, pressing his lips to the top of my head.

"You all have to perform. Don't worry about me. I've dealt with my mom all these years. My dad isn't any worse." I assured them. Ever one on the bus looked at me, finally Ashley spoke up.

"You know where you're going?"

"Yeah, it's a house in Haverhill. I pretty much lived there when I was a little kid." I mumbled. I hated thinking about my past, none of it was exactly nice, and all thinking about it did was hold me back.

"You sure you don't want me to come? I can see if we can switch show times with a band playing later." Andy asked. I shook my head. "Will you at least bring Leah?" He pleaded. I knew he hated the idea of me even talking to my father, and that was just based off of the things I had told him, or were on google. The fact that I was going to see him and he couldn't come made him feel even worse.

"Leah can't come. None of you can." I said meeting eye contact with each one of them. "None of you would know how to handle a situation like it. The house I have to go to was an old friend of my family. The owner was a guy named Tom. He was really nice, probably the only one who actually looked after me back then." I told them causing them to look at me with confusion, I sighed and continued, "his niece was into some heavy drugs. And addicts never have a place to stay, so he took her in. The house soon became one of the biggest crack houses in town, and that says something. People would come in and out all day and night. The back room is where they would smoke crack, do the deals, shoot up, anything really. My parents were there all the time, which meant I was there too. I never went into the back room, but there were times when I wouldn't see my mom or dad for days. They were strung out on whatever, and I was sleeping on a couch in a small living room with Scooby Doo playing on the VCR. Anyway, Tom was the guy who held the place together. Even though it was a cockroach invested hell hole, he made sure no one was ever busted. When he died of aids, he was gay not an addict, the place fell apart. It got worse than ever." I explained. "What I'm trying to say is I don't know what the hell is going on in that place, and I'm not bringing anyone into a situation like that."

Andy was quiet, but I could tell he and everyone else were staring at me. I looked at the time.

"I gotta catch a bus. I'll be back tonight." I told him before removing myself from Andy's lap.

"We've seen some crazy shit Lizzie. You can't go into this alone." Jinxx started to argue. Luckily Leah stepped in.

"Let her go alone. If anyone knows how to handle herself in a bad situation it's her. Plus, she's being reunited with her piece of shit dad." She said to them. I shot her a look as if saying thanks. She just nodded.

"Will you at least take money for a cab?" Jake asked. I laughed.

"Jake I grew up my first 7 years in this state. Not to mention the jail visits. I have money for a cab, and a cab company on speed dial. Along with the police and all of you. I know self defense, I may have lived in a small hick town, but I'm a city person. And my parents daughter." I told them. I pecked Andy's lips. "I'll call you and tell you what happens." I whispered to him before walking off the bus. Not looking back.

I couldn't believe I was actually going to see my father. Or that I was headed back to the place where my life started, and was at its worst. I sighed and took out my phone and called a cab.

Today was going to be a long day.

-skipping cab ride because if you've ever rode in a cab it's weird, and awkward, and boring and I don't even wanna think about it.-

"Um you can drop me off at the corner. Before you turn onto the road." I told the driver. He grunted in response and pulled over. I looked at the meter and took out some money to pay him. "Thanks." I said before getting out of the cab and watching it drive off.

I was the closest to seeing my dad for the first time since I was 7. I should be excited, but I'm not. I started walking down the street and decided to call Andy. He picked up almost instantly.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. I chuckled.

"I'm fine Andrew. I had the cab drop me off at the corner. I'm walking down the street to the house now." I told him.

"You're walking? Isn't it dangerous?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I've walked down more dangerous streets. I'll be fine. Don't worry." I said.

"I'm going to worry because I don't want anything to happen to you." He said quietly. "And I swear, if anyone does anything to you, or hurts you, they'll have to have a talk with me." I smiled at how much he cared.

"I'll be fine." I told him.

"Are you trying to convince me, or yourself?" He asked.

"I don't know, both? I haven't seen my dad in years. He stopped trying to talk to me when I was 14. He used to send me money, because the situation I was in back then wasn't a good one. He would send me $50 dollars each month. Then my mom told him to stop because I was an ungrateful daughter." I said. Annoyed with myself and everything else in the world.

"Then why did you want to do this so badly?" He asked.

"Because I still have that small sliver of hope that he actually wants to be a dad to me. That he actually wants to give up drugs, and all the criminal activity he has been involved in." I felt a tear run down my cheek. "Or he just wants to use me since my 21st birthday is coming up, and my trust fund my aunt left me will be fully mine."

"Are you crying?" Andy asked. When I didn't answer he sighed. "Lizzie, listen to me. Anyone would be lucky to have a daughter like you. You're a talented, independent, strong willed, beautiful person. If they can't see that and only want to use that then fuck them. Wait. Don't actually fuck them. But fuck them." He said. I laughed.

"How is it you can always make me smile? Even when I'm like this." I asked him.

"I don't know. But I'm glad I can." He chuckled. I could tell he was smiling.

"I am too." I sighed. "I'm across the street from the house now. I gotta go." I really didn't want to stop talking to Andy. He was my rock, and probably the only person who can help me make it through this.

"I'll call you. And text you. And tweet you. You can do this." He said assuringly. I chuckled.

"That's a lot of communication there. You sure you can handle it all?"

"I'm batman remember."

"My batman. I'll call you when I can." I told him.

"My show is in 10 minutes. How long will you be visiting your dad?"

"What time is it now?" I asked.

"11:50ish." He told me. I sighed.

"Probably all day. I'll be back before the bus leaves late tonight though."

"What's the address of the house?" He asked. I told him. "I'm gonna come over later." He said.

"Andy." I complained. "You have to do signings and stuff. And remember what I said earlier, I don't want to bring people into a situation like the one inside that house. It's not a good environment."

"Yeah, well I don't exactly care. I have to come to help you. You might not see it, but you're breaking apart Elizabeth. You can't do this alone. And I care about you too much to let you." He told me.

"Fine Andy. I'll see you later." I said quietly.

"I'm going to bring the van so we don't have to spend money on a cab." He said.

"Okay."

"Good luck. See you in a couple hours." I smiled.

"Thanks. Bye Andy." I hung up the phone and looked at the house across the street. I had to do this. I couldn't move on in my life if I didn't.

After looking both ways I crossed the street. I walked onto the porch and hesitantly knocked on the door. It took a few minutes but someone finally opened it. They didn't say anything, just looked at me.

"Um, I'm here to see my dad, he gave me this address." I said rolling my eyes.

"You're Lizzie right?" The guy at the door asked. I nodded. "I'm Caleb. One of Debby's sons. So, I'm your step brother, come in, your dad has been really excited ever since you told him you were coming over."

"Thanks." I said. I knew that my dad had remarried. I met the woman when they first got together. She brought me peanut butter cookies that she had made with her daughter. I was around 7 at the time, so that's all I really remember. When I got older she was the one who was sending me birthday cards, signing my fathers name. I knew better. The handwriting was different.

I followed Caleb into the house. It was different then I remembered. Cleaner. The old couch was still there, cigarette holes and all, and the coffee table was still sitting in front of it. The house still looked horrible.

"So you're Lizzie. Your dad always talked about you." Caleb told me as we sat in the kitchen. "Want anything to drink?"

"No thanks, I'm good. And really? I never thought that he would talk about me." I said, and Caleb scoffed,

"You're his only daughter. Of course he did." I just shrugged. "It's too bad we never met as kids." He told me after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah. The one time I met your mom she told me about all her kids. I wanted to meet them, but things were pretty messed up back then." I said.

"They still are." He mumbled.

"Wouldn't doubt it." I told him. He laughed.

"You're as bitter as he said you were."

"What can I say, it's a talent." I said sarcastically. "Where is my dad anyway?"

"Sarcastic too. And he went out with my mom, he'll be back in a few hours, which is why I'm here. Since we're the same age, he asked me to keep you company." Caleb explained.

"Went out?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"I think you know what I mean." He said looking down.

"Figures. I knew he didn't change. He may be old, but he doesn't care." I sighed.

"I have video games? You like video games? Yeah you do. Let's play video games." Caleb suddenly said. I chuckled as he grabbed my hand and brought me to the back room. It was now transformed into some kind of game room. There was even a bar. "This is supposed to be a man cave, but you seem cool, so I'll let you in. One time thing though."

"How old are you again?" I asked as he went around the room, he was acting like a kid.

"I'm 19."

"You act like a 15 year old." I stated. He glared then plopped down on the couch set up.

"So what do you wanna play?"

"Doesn't matter."

"Don't tell me you're one of those girls." He groaned. I raised an eyebrow. "I don't care. hehehehehe. I love video games, call of duty is ah-mah-zing. I'm such a gamer. See I even have nerd glasses. OMG One Direction! HARRY HAVE MY BABIES!" He said in a high pitched voice.

"...The fact that you can make your voice go that high scares me." I said.

"So you are one of those girls?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Look through the songs on my phone." I said unlocking it and handing it to him. He sighed and looked at them.

"Asking Alexandria, Falling In Reverse, Black Veil Brides, Sleeping With Sirens, Mayday Parade, Pierce The Veil." He mumbled to himself. "So you don't listen to pop music. That's a good thing." I took back my phone and rolled my eyes.

"I also have played video games since I was a kid. Pokemon on my gameboy color. Mario on my nintendo 64. And frankly I find call of duty stupid. The first time I played it I kept blowing myself up with the grenade." I admitted.

"Smart." He commented. I rolled my eyes as my phone beeped with a twitter notification.

@AndyBVB : Hope @_LizzieGlenn_ is doing okay.

I rolled my eyes and replied saying I was fine, and would see him later.

"Um, not trying to spy, and read your messages or whatever, but why is Andy Biersack from tweeting you? And why are you saying that you'll see him later?" Caleb asked me.

"So you listen to BVB." I said. Avoiding his question.

"You and I have a similar taste in music." He told me. "Now answer the question."

"Magic?" I tried. He looked at me and I sighed. "MyfriendandIareontourwiththemthismonthandI'mdatingAndy." I said quickly.

"How are you on tour with them? How do you know them?" Caleb said asking more questions, like how I met them, how I started dating Andy.

"Woah, woah, woah. One question at a time. I don't even know how you understood what I said." I told him.

"My step sister is dating the lead singers of one of my favorite bands. I have the right to ask questions."

"Whatever. You can meet him later. He is coming here after the show so I have 'support' because apparently I'm 'breaking apart'." I said annoyed.

"Andy Biersack is coming here?!" He exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

"Get your fanboy out now or I'll make sure you never meet him, or the rest of the band." I threatened when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answered not bothering to look at the number.

"Lizzie where are you?" I heard the familiar voice of Kellin ask.

"I'm with my step brother. Waiting for my dad, why?"

"I'm backstage and you aren't there. Wait, you have a step brother? And your dad? What's going on?" He explained.

"My dad wanted to see me, and since warped is in Boston, and he lives an hour away I agreed. He isn't here yet because he is somewhere with his wife or whatever getting strung out on something. Until he get's here I am with his wife's son Caleb. Nothing is going on Kellin." I said, and looked over to where Caleb was staring at me with eyes wide.

"Are you alright?" he asked, I heard the concern in his voice. He knew about my relationship with parents. I told him almost everything. Some things not even Andy or Leah knew.

"Yeah. Don't worry. I know how to handle this. Now I gotta go."

"Okay, I'll see you later."

"Bye." I said before hanging up and turning back to my Caleb.

"You were just talking on the phone with Kellin Quinn." he said in shock.

"Kellin's like my big brother. Now, wanna play some video games?" I asked. He nodded and I picked out some random game and put it in the Playstation.

"What time is it?" I asked as the game loaded.

"Um, 12:30 why?"

"Just wondering." I told him. "By the way, you're about to get your ass kicked at this game."

"Says the girl who blows herself up in Call Of Duty." He laughed.

"We'll see." I said as I hit play.