Sequel: Just Us
Status: Posted this on quotev originally, so I'm just copy and pasting updates.

Stand Up

New Life

Lizzie's PoV.

"So what's your name?" Jayy asked me as we reached his bus.

"Lizzie." I told him.

"You look like shit." He said as we walked into the bus.

"Thanks Jayy." I said sarcastically.

"No problem." He smiled. "But I'm not letting you go to my show looking like shit."

"Okay..." I trailed off not knowing where he was going with this.

"Here." He handed me a make up wipe. "There's a mirror over there."

I nodded and went over to the mirror. When I had gotten off the makeup he handed me eyeliner and some mascara.

"Take out your contacts." He told me when I had finished.

"Why? And how'd you know I was wearing contacts." I asked him.

"It's obvious." He shrugged.

"It's not because no one else noticed." I ranted before going to the mirror and taking them out. "You're lucky I can see with out them."

"Why would I be lucky? You would be the one who couldn't be able to see." He stated. I laughed and shook my head, throwing the contacts out. "Your eyes are blue."

"Yep."

"Why were you wearing green contacts?" He asked.

"Didn't want to look like my mom or sister." I said simply. "So when is your set?" I asked changing the subject.

"In like an hour." He told me as my phone went off.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?" Andy asked. He sounded worried.

"With Jayy." I answered.

"Jayy who?"

"Von Monroe. From Blood On The Dance Floor." I said.

"You should have told me. I was worried." Andy sighed.

"Sorry. I got side tracked. I'm going to their show, so I'll be back later tonight." I said.

"Okay. I'll see you later."

"Yup. Bye Andy." He said bye an I hung up and looked at Jayy. "Sorry, it was a strange day, he is being protective." I said rolling my eyes.

"It's fine. What happened?" He asked sitting next to me on the couch.

"I visited my dad since he lives close to here, and it turned out he just wanted money. Andy thinks I'm going to fall apart, but I'm not." I explained.

"I would say sorry about your dad, but sympathy isn't going to help. I will say that your dad seems like an asshole." Jayy said. I laughed.

"He is. So what do you want to do?" I ask after a minute.

"Well I have to get ready, and find Dahvie." He said and as if on queue Dahvie walked into the bus.

"Did I hear my name?" He asked. I laughed.

"Finally, where were you?" Jayy questioned.

"I wanted to get some food. Who's this?" Dahvie asked sitting next to me.

"This is Lizzie. We bumped into each other outside. She looked horrible, so, being the nice person I am, I brought her here to get cleaned up. And now we're hanging out." Jayy explained.

"Are you a fan?" Dahvie asked me.

"Yeah." I admitted. "My friend and I are staying with Black Veil Brides for the last week of warped." I told him.

"You coming to the show later?"

"Of course." I smiled.

"She visited her dad today, but he was just using her for money." Jayy said poking his head out of the bathroom door.

"Did you give it to him?" Dahvie asked me. I nodded.

"I have it to him, and in return he never speaks to me again." Dahvie got up and went to the refrigerator.

"I think you need a drink." He smirked mixing different types of alcohol into 3 cups.

"Wait. Are you even old enough to drink?" Jayy asked coming out of the bathroom.

"No. I'm only 20, but that has never stopped me before." I told them. Dahvie laughed.

"We won't get you too drunk." He assured me handing me a cup.

"What exactly is this?" I asked looking at the mix.

"Secret." Dahvie whispered. "Now, DRINK!" He yelled.

We all drank, and it was strong.

"You could have given us something to chase it down." Jayy complained.

"Nope." Dahvie laughed. "Now, you two drink and have fun, while I go make myself look beautiful." Jayy and I laughed as Dahvie went into the bathroom shaking his hips.

"Is he always like this?" I asked.

"Pretty much." Jayy nodded. "How'd you meet BVB?" He asked after a minute.

"I ran into Jinxx's girlfriend at warped. My mom had hit me the night before, so my face was really red, so she helped me cover it up. We hung out for the day, then met the band, and since they were in town for a few days we hung out, then kept in contact after. When they left they invited my friend and I into warped for the last month, so here I am." I explained.

"You have a habit of running into people don't you?" He asked. I nodded.

"Wait did you say your mom hit you?" Dahvie asked coming out of the bathroom with only one contact in.

"It's a long story." I sighed.

"We still have 40 minutes." Jayy said. Dahvie agreed and used the mirror on the wall to finish getting ready.

"She was mentally and physically abusive. I didn't go to college since she guilted me into staying with her. All she cared about was her drug addiction and who she was sleeping with that night." I said.

"So she was a drug whore?" Dahvie asked.

"Basically. Anyway, my sister got me tickets to warped, but it turned out that my mom needed me to come with her to lunch with her boyfriend and his son the next day. She wanted me to get close to his son so she could benefit from it. When I told her I had other plans and was going to warped she flipped. She slapped me and when I went to leave she grabbed my wrist. I had cut recently and when she grabbed my arm they started bleeding again. When I finally got away I went to my friends to stay with her. We ended up going to warped the next day meeting Black Veil Brides and then that night we all went out." I paused. Remembering what had happened. This was the first time I had spoken aloud about what happened. "To where my sister worked, I was playing 20 questions with Andy and my mom ended showing up. She said some harsh words and when I went to walk away she once again grabbed my wrist, twisting it and digging her nails into to bandage I had wrapped it in. Causing it to bleed some more. Once she had let go I just walked away. Ended up sitting on the sidewalk since I couldn't keep myself standing. Andy found me later and made me go to the hospital. I haven't spoken to my mom since, I've been living off my friend, and basically spent most of my time on tumblr and YouTube up until a week ago." I finished the story and took another sip of the drink Dahvie made. "You better not have roofied this."

"So you have up going to college for a woman who calls herself your mother when all she does is abuse you physically and mentally?" Jayy asked after a few seconds of silence.

"Pathetic I know. I don't regret it though. College would have been stupid, I'm not that kind of person. Plus even though she caused a lot of shit into life she made me know exactly what I didn't want to become. And in the end I'm stronger than I ever would be if it didn't happen." I said before finishing my drink. Dahvie sat down next to me and gave me a hug.

"You're a strong person Lizzie." He said quietly.

"I don't understand why anyone would want to hurt you. You're sweet and innocent." Jayy told me.

"I wouldn't go that far. I did try to murder my best friend with a baseball bat in 5th grade." I told him.

"Everyone is a little murderous." Dahvie shrugged and my phone started going off again.

"Hey Kellin." I answered after looking at the ID.

"Are you okay? Andy told me what happened with your dad." He said.

"Yeah I'm fine. Kind of relieved it went down the way it did." I told him.

'Put it on speaker.' Dahvie mouthed to me. I nodded and put it on speaker and Dahvie started making all these moaning sounds.

"Uh, where are you right now?" Kellin asked nervously. Jayy let out a high pitch scream and I was trying not to laugh.

"Just with some friends. Why?" I managed to say normally.

"Because someone just screamed in the background. And I hear moaning. Are you having an orgy?" He asked confused.

"The screaming was Jayy and all the moaning is Dahvie. You're on speaker." I laughed. "I wouldn't have an orgy what the fuck."

"Aww Lizzie. I was looking forward to one later." Dahvie said sounding depressed.

"Never happening." I told him.

"Wait Dahvie and Jayy from Blood on the Dance Floor?" Kellin asked suddenly.

"Hi Kellin." Jayy and Dahvie said in unison.

"Yeah that's them." I said answering his question.

"Doesn't Leah hate them?" Kellin asked again.

"She thinks they're weird why?"

"I just thought of another prank. I'll call you later. I gotta tell Andy about it. Bye." He said and hung up.

"What just happened?" Jayy asked at the same time Dahvie asked 'who's Leah?'.

"Who knows its Kellin. And Leah is my friend I was talking about. Also the one I tried to kill with the bat." I explained. "Shouldn't we get to the show?" I asked looking at the clock it was almost 7.

"We go on at 7:15." Jayy said. "I have to change though." He said before getting up and going to change.

"Didn't he already change?" I asked Dahvie.

"It's Jayy." He shrugged. "Picture time!" He yelled and put his phone in the air taking a picture of the two of us.

"Send that to me." I said and gave him my number. By the time I got it Jayy was changed. "You two ready now?" I asked. They nodded and we got off the bus and walked to the main stage. Dahvie kept taking random pictures of all of us and then sending them to me.

"You want to stand in the wings or in the crowd?" Jayy asked as we reached back stage.

"Wings. Not a people person. I hate people." I told him.

"So do I. I'll see you after the show." He said before going onto the stage with Dahvie and started performing.

The set was amazing. I'd never been to a Blood On The Dance Floor show, but it was definitely entertaining.

"You like the show?" Dahvie asked when he got off stage.

"Of course." I said. "But I gotta go. Andy keeps texting me. I'll see you and Jayy tomorrow?" I asked.

"We're friends now. There's no getting rid of us." He laughed.

"Text me or whatever." I said before walking off.

"Nice ass!" He yelled. I laughed and turned around and flipped him off before taking my phone out and calling Andy.

"Hey where are you?" I asked when he answered.

"On the bus writing songs." He said. "Everyone else went out for dinner."

"I'll be there in a few. I'm walking back now." I told him.

"Want me to make anything to eat? You barely ate any of that salad you ordered at lunch." He said and I groaned.

"I'm not hungry."

"You want chicken nuggets or hot pockets?" He asked ignoring me.

"I don't care." I pouted.

"I'm making hot pockets. You have to eat at least a half of one." He said to me like I was a kid.

"Fine." I agreed. Not liking the idea of it. Food just seemed gross. After not eating for such a long time food just didn't seem appetizing anymore. "I'll see you in a minute."

"Okay." He said beige we hung up and I walked the rest of the way to the bus.

"Guess who?" I asked coming up behind from where he was standing in front of the microwave and covering his eyes.

"Amanda Bynes." He guessed. I laughed removing my hands from his eyes and he turned around.

"You know she blocked me on twitter. All I did was state a fact and she blocked me." I ranted. He chuckled.

"Well she has gone crazy remember?"

"Still, that's no reason to block me." I said. He smiled.

"Did you have fun with Dahvie and Jayy?" He asked.

"Yeah, it got my mind off of my dad, my mom, my family and the rest of my fucked up life." I sighed. "Although, not all of it is fucked up." I added.

"And what is the not fucked up part?" He asked with a smile.

"Oh you know, the guys, Sammi and Leah, Kellin, Jayy and Dahvie." I explained.

"Where am I on that list?" He asked.

"You aren't. You're my sanity." I said quietly. "If it wasn't for you I would still be in that small town trapped by my mother. Hell I might even be dead. You have no idea how much you helped me out. Even before I knew you personally. Your songs were the only things that made me not give up. Then I actually met you and even though you knew me for a few hours you stood up for me to my mom, then came to find me. Stayed over night in that hospital and got me food in the morning. Even made it so I could get away and come on tour. What I'm trying to say is thanks." I told him. He pulled me into a hug and kissed me softly.

"I did what I did because you mean so much from me. Ever since you helped me with my hair." He smiled. "I love you Lizzie. I know it's been a week since we started dating but it feels like I've known you my whole life an-" he went to continue but I cut him off.

"I love you too." I smiled and he brought his lips to mine once again. As the kiss began to get heated the microwave beeped and he pulled away. "Why?" I complained.

"Because you need to eat. We have plenty of time to make out after. The guys and Leah just left when you called me, so they won't be back for an hour or so." He told me. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't want to eat." I said.

"Eat or you're sleeping on the couch." He threatened. I gasped.

"I hate you." I mumbled.

"No you don't."

"Yeah I know." I said before taking a bite of the hot pocket in front of me.

Even though my dad was just using me, today turned out to be a pretty good day. Its start of a new chapter in my life, and I was liking how it was turning out.