Sequel: Just Us
Status: Posted this on quotev originally, so I'm just copy and pasting updates.

Stand Up

He's Like An Older Brother

Lizzie's PoV

The next day when I woke up Andy was still asleep in the big hospital chair next to the bed. I chuckled at the position he was in, it didn't look very comfortable.

I sighed and picked up the book Leah had brought over. I was on the second book of the vampire books by Charlaine Harris. A friends mom had given them to me to read since we both loved the true blood series on HBO.

I was on chapter 5 when the nurse walked in. I put my index finger to my lips and pointed to Andy. She nodded and walked over. Taking my blood pressure, changing the bandage on my wrist, they were putting a cast on it today. She did a few other checks around the room and left.

Andy woke up a few minutes later looking sort of confused.

"Good morning." I told him before returning my attention to my book.

"Morning." He said. His voice was lower and scratchier than usual, probably since he just woke up.

We were both silent for a while. I sighed and put the book down.

"You know you didn't have to stay here last night." I finally told him.

"No I didn't. But I still did." He said and I frowned.

"But why?"

"You needed looking after, yeah you're in a hospital and they're perfectly capable of taking care of you, but that doesn't mean they understand. I'm here to support you. To be there if you want to talk about anything, because I care Lizzie, and believe it or not, I understand too." He told me. I sighed. He was right, but it still didn't feel right.

"Andy, you're in a famous band, and can do pretty much anything you want, but you still stayed in a lousy hospital, in what looks like the most uncomfortable chair, just so I could talk to you about everything if I wanted?" I asked and he nodded. "Unbelievable." I muttered. He chuckled, and went back to watching a movie on the tv in the room. I sighed and picked up my book again. I lasted about five minutes.

"Don't you have to like, eat, or use the bathroom? You have to have something better to do than lounge around in a hospital room with shitty cable." I said putting down my book. He looked away from the tv.

"Speaking of which shouldn't you be eating?" He asked reaching for the button to call the nurse. I panicked and stopped him.

"No. No. No. No. No. I'll eat. But please don't make me eat hospital food." I begged.

"I don't think they will let me bring you Chinese take out to eat." He laughed.

"I don't like food as it is. Eating hospital food won't help my situation." I told him trying to get my way.

"They won't go for it. They're not going to listen to you." He said.

"You try then. If you care then you won't make me eat the nasty puréed mystery food they serve here!" I complained. He sighed.

"It's not that bad Lizzie."

"You still owe me for doing your hair. So you can go and ask the doctors if you can bring me real food." I bargained.

"Didn't finding you last night and staying over at the hospital make up for that?" He asked. I shook my head.

"You did that out of the goodness of your heart. I never asked you to do it." I told him. He rolled his eyes.

"I can try. If it works you have to eat whatever I bring you. And it probably won't be Chinese take out." He said. I laughed.

"I'm fine with that. Now go and get me something edible. That isn't applesauce and whatever that is." I said pointing at the blob a nurse left me on the tray. He laughed.

"I'll be back soon." He said and left the room.

I checked my phone. It was dying. I texted Leah to bring me my charger, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a working phone. I checked Facebook and finally twitter. I decide to tweet Andy out of boredom.

@_LizzieGlenn_ :Thank you @AndyBVB for agreeing to get me edible food. :).

I pressed tweet and laid back onto the thin hard pillows. After about 10 minutes there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said and the door opened revealing Sammi and Leah. Leah handed my my charger and then pulled me into a hug.

"I know I said this a million times last night. But I'm so glad you're okay." Sammi said sitting next to me on the bed.

"Nothing like what happened last night is going to stop me. Don't worry." I told her, she nodded.

"So where's Andy? I thought he was staying the night?" Leah asked suddenly.

"He did but he decided to go get me some food since I refused to eat that mush over there." I explained pointing to the tray on the nightstand next to me. As soon as I explained my phone vibrated with a twitter notification. Andy had followed me and replied to my tweet.

@AndyBVB : @_LizzieGlenn_ its because i care and do you want hash browns or eggs with your breakfast?

I replied saying eggs and put my phone away. Sammi and Leah were staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You two are so adorable." Sammi said.

"She's right you know." Leah agreed.

"Erm... What?" I asked again.

"You and Andy." Sammi said. "You would make the perfect couple."

"That's you and Jinxx my friend. And Andy had a girlfriend remember. Plus I'm not looking for a relationship, he's like an older brother. That's it." I explained. Trying not to blush.

"I give it until the end of warped." Leah says to Sammi.

"If not sooner." Sammi replied.

"You two are hopeless." I laughed smiling.

"No, we're only stating the truth. Or the to be truth." Leah pointed out. I shook my head.

We continued making conversation until Andy got back.

"Hey look, the food man is here." Leah joked.

"Very funny." He said and put a bag labeled Denny's next to me. "There's your edible food." He said smiling.

"How'd you convince the nurse?" Sammi asked. Andy shrugged.

"Turns out she's a fan." He said and we all laughed. They all looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Eat, or I will feed you." Leah threatened.

"You know you may be my best friend but threatening me isn't going to get you anywhere." I told her. Andy sighed and reached over opening the bad and placing the styrofoam take out container on my lap.

"Eat." He commanded. I rolled my eyes and stabbed a piece of scrambled egg with my fork and eating it.

"You people will be the death of me." I said.

I was just finishing my food as a nurse walked in. She smiled at Andy, it was probably the same nurse who was a fan.

"Well Ms.Glenn, it seems you will be free to go after we put the cast on. Your friends will have to leave, but since he's family he can stay." She said pointing at Andy. Wow this hospital was sad. They were still falling for the 'Andy is my brother act'. Sammi and Leah were holding in their laughs as they left the room.

The doctor came in and put my wrist in a cast. It didn't take very long, only about 20 minutes, including the time he continued lecturing me about the scars I had. I hated that he kept bringing them up. It was almost like he wanted to keep pointing out how pathetic I was.

"Just sign that paper and your free to go." He told Andy and I. I nodded. Not looking at the doctor.

I signed the paper and handed it back to him.

"Hopefully we won't meet again like this Ms.Glenn. Have a good rest of the day." The doctor said. His tone was rude. Andy and I left the room not saying a word. When we got out to the parking lot Andy looked at me.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

"Besides the fact the doctor kept pointing out how pathetic I was and i have a broken wrist, I'm perfectly fine." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah. Bad question." He frowned. "And you aren't pathetic." He said pulling me into a hug. "Leah's getting her tattoo done. Sammi and the rest of the band are going, you wanna go too?" He asked me as we reached my car in the lot, the guys had dropped it off and left it last night.

"I guess. Lets go." I said tossing him the keys. I wasn't in the best condition, and definitely wasn't going to drive.

"Should we finish that game now?" He asked. I laughed.

"Sure. You start."

"What do you wanna do with your life?" He asked after thinking.

"Who knows. I'll probably have jobs here and there. I might go to college, get a proper education, but I just don't see myself in the college scene. I can't picture myself in my 30s getting up every day and going to a job, but then again I don't have any talents so I don't have a choice but to go and make a living for myself." I told him. "Any pets?"

"2 cats. One is mine and one is my girlfriend Juliet's. What did you want to do as a kid growing up?" He asked.

"When I was really little, I always wanted to become a criminal defense attorney. My parents always were in jail and I thought I could grow up and make it so they didn't go to jail. But I changed my mind and wanted to do something creative. So I got better with technology. I also wrote a lot. Thinking I could go into writing, or producing movies. But that was a long shot." I sighed. "Worst part of being famous?"

"I don't know if I would call myself famous. I'm in a rock band, but if I had to say the worst Part of that I would say I don't know if there is a worst part, I'm away from home a lot. But I'm doing what I love, plus it helps people in the process. Do you still write?"

"Not really. I have the time, I just don't. I had a friend in highschool who had me write my emotions and experiences into poems. Kind of like you do with your songs. But I didn't keep it up." I said as we were driving into the parking lot of the tattoo parlor.

"I want to read some of your stuff." Andy told me as we got out of the car.

"Uh no you really don't." I said nervously. "It's not that good." He smiled.

"We'll see about that." He said and we walked into the shop.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N okay so it's shorter. But it's a filler. It had to be written plus there were some Lizzie and Andy moments. I smiled while writing them.
The twitter I used is made up. I really hope it's not anyone's. lol awk.
I LOVE getting comments on what you think of the story, love it? Hate it? Tell me in the comments. They make me want to write more. Also should I update again?