Status: Hey guys! Raechel here to let you know that sadly I'll be the only writer of this story now. Hazel's just too busy, so I'll try to keep this updated at least one every week or two.

Heaven Above You

Chapter 1

Vic’s POV

“Son,” my father’s voice floats over to me, “come forth and peer upon the destructive means that occur below our realm.”

My wings flap in time with my rising anxiety and I make my way to the empty spot next to my father, peering into the Clouds of Glass. The scene is atrocious; Chaos has wrecked the utter framework of the earthly landscape. Debris and soot saturate the air and prevent the sun’s fiery rays from penetrating the choking atmosphere. No sign of human life is visible, only a single red being. I look to my father for an explanation.

“Victor, Lucifer has created a new son and has released him onto the earthly plane. I must ask that you take upon the task of destroying this neophyte and protecting mankind from any supernatural death.” He sounds weary, as though the weight of this newfound problem is quickly aging him.

“What about Michael? Why aren’t you sending him to defeat this heathen?” I inquire, confused as my younger brother has always been asked to take care of such tasks.

“Because, Victor, you have the skills to end the existence of this new demon. Skills that your brother does not possess. I have trained you differently from your sibling in order to have a separate hunter for different situations. You are the only angel capable of doing this.”

I look to my feet, which are bare, and sigh aloud, knowing full well that I no longer have a say in this matter. The presence of my father evaporates as, using my actions as a signal of understanding and agreement, he takes a quiet leave. The scene of the destruction is still in front of me and I look closely to at least get a glimpse of this novice’s face. He lifts his chin up, revealing his features, and I am immediately breathless from his sharp blue eyes and deep black locks. This might turn out to be more difficult than I originally thought.

Kellin’s POV

I look up, sensing that someone was looking at me, and grin. “Here come the angels.” I mutter under my breath, a grin spreading across my face. This was going to be fun.

As the expected light beam appears before me I catch my first glimpse of the one who has been sent to stop me; he is astonishingly beautiful, as all angels are, but…there was something else. I brushed it off concentrating once more on the task at hand.

I could not afford to ignore the angel but I could pretend to. I turn my back on him and pick up a small stone tossing it from hand to hand. My senses were on high alert waiting for him to make the first move.

He cleared his throat. “Look,” he said, “I don’t want to fight you if I don’t have to, that is not the way of my people, but if you do not stop this I will use force if necessary.”

I chuckled, how adorable. With a flick of my wrist the small stone flies at the building next to us shattering one of its windows. I turn quickly grabbing him by the front of his ridiculous toga, “This is just the beginning pretty boy!” I hiss trying to scare him, “I know what you say up there” I jabbed my finger skyward to emphasize my point, “and if you think this is bad,” I laugh, shoving him roughly away causing his toga to slip, “well…I’ll let your imagination do the rest.” I fix his toga for him and go to walk away, “Take your time coming up with a strategy,” I call over my shoulder, “I’m not planning anything major for the next few days.”

“Wait, demon!” he calls.

I turn on my heel, a bored expression on my face, “Yes.”

“If you can really hear us then what is my name?”

Urgh. That smug little smile drove me crazy, asshole. I swaggered over to him leaning right in next to his ear, “Victor,” I murmur making him catch his breath, “I know more about you than your own parents, naughty boy.” I breathe.

“What do you mean?” he whispers back, clearly shaken.

“Oh come on, you’ve read the bible, homosexuality is a sin right?” I say making it a question.

He rounds on me still keeping his voice low for fear of someone overhearing. “I am not gay!”

“Sure thing baby,” I say and this time, finally, he lets me walk away.