Status: Hey guys! Raechel here to let you know that sadly I'll be the only writer of this story now. Hazel's just too busy, so I'll try to keep this updated at least one every week or two.

Heaven Above You

Chapter 7

Vic POV

The rain has stopped, much to my relief, the clouds shifting from in front of the sun, which looks like an iris being shown for the first time when the top curtain draws up. The pupil is absent from the mind as its attention is directed to the coloured part alone. The warmth of Earth's yellow day star, for a second or so, brings a small smile to my face as the chill that earlier constricted my bones uncoils and lets them breathe in the heat. It's a little pleasure that is much appreciated after the past events. I frown now, thinking back to the dissapointment that graced Mother's face and the utter hatred that single-handedly ruled Father's.

Sighing, I wrap my arms about my legs, which are currently nestled near my chest. Doing so, however, forces the wounds on my back to tear open a little and I cry out in pain, loosening my grip on my legs. I breathe deeply to try and collect myself. It's proven a difficult task though considering that I am sitting in the space between two office buildings. My robe is only partially wet and wrinkles have invaded the entire article of clothing. My eyes sting from the crying and my hair, which has been dry for a while now, is curly, tangled, and fizzy. There's a tiny pool of watered-down mud a few feet from where I sit and a rat is drinking the filthy contents. I watch him lapping up the murky liquid hastily, the fur surrounding his mouth now darker than the rest of him, and then hesistantly makes his way to my robe. I am intrigued as he begins to sniff the fabric before shaking his head in rejection and scurrying away. I sigh again, my heart feeling almost broken that even a rat doesn't want to be near me. A tear escapes and is joined by friends. I don't bother controlling the volume of my sob, which is what causes footsteps to head in my direction.

"Hey, are you okay?" The voice is feminine and is strength in the form of soundwaves. I lift my head and look into the eyes of a young woman with straight pure blond hair that stops an inch or so past her shoulders. Her green eyes reveberate with only kindess and good intentions. I don't want to wreck her nice gesture, so I suck in my emotions and put on a fake smile, lying through my teeth as I tell her, "Yes, I'm fine."

She isn't buying it. She's not walking away. In fact, she takes a step closer and crouches down, balancing on the balls of her feet. "You were crying though. I heard you as I was walking by. So I ask again, are you okay?" Relentlessness echoes in her words and I am forced to give in. Letting my head drop, along with my faux smile, I exhale heavily and shake my head.

"I thought so. Come with me. I was on my way home anyhow." She extends her arm, holding out her hand for me to grab. Not really seeing another way out this, I take hold of her hand and let her pull me to my feet as she, herself, straightens her body.She releases my hand, then walks a few steps while gesturing me to follow. I do.

I trail behind this stranger in silence, lost in thought about Kellin. I wonder what he's doing right now.

Kellin POV

"Are you sure this is going to work, Belinda?" I ask her, my nerves on edge. "I mean, what if Lucifer doesn't-"

"For the absolute last time, Kellin, yes!" Bel exclaims with a hint of annoyance in her voice. I immediately feel bad for agitating her and am quick to summon an apology. "I'm sor-"

"I know, Kellin, dear. It's alright. Just try and keep calm, alright? Lucifer will agree with this. Just trust me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Le gasp! Another update! :) Thanks for reading my story guys! Really! It means so much to me that there are people in the world who actually like my writing! <3