Status: Hey guys! Raechel here to let you know that sadly I'll be the only writer of this story now. Hazel's just too busy, so I'll try to keep this updated at least one every week or two.

Heaven Above You

Chapter 8

Vic’s POV

This blonde girl who has leaded the way to a small yet dainty home attempted to get to know me the entire way. However, I couldn’t bring myself to answer any of them, resorting to stark silence whilst my head hung lowly. After asking about six or seven questions, the girl seemed to understand that I wasn’t going to speak and left us to walk quietly. I feel horrible for being so rude to someone who is trying to help me, but after all that just happened, after all I just lost, there is no way I will be in the mood for conversation.

“Hey,” she says softly, having stopped in the middle of the front room. I look up for the first time since we met, feeling a solemn expression covering my face. A very slight smile filled with sincerity appears on her’s and her eyes are sad. “I really hate to leave you in this room without a proper tour of the house, but I need to clear out the guest room real quick. I promise I won’t be long. Then, I can show you the rest of the place.”

Her fair cheeks tint slightly with pink, as though she is embarrassed of her apparent lack of hospitality. This gives me a small jump in spirit, as her kindness and humility are modest. I am suddenly feeling like a wretched being unworthy of this young woman’s graciousness. Lips parted and shaking slightly, I mutter, “I-I’m, I’m s-sorry.”

“F-For not talking on the way here, that is.” Her smile widens and she nods to signal her forgiveness, verbally adding on immediately after.

“It’s alright. I understand that you’re probably not in a good place right now mentally. I pushed you a little too much with all the questions, especially the personal ones. Well, I’m gonna go fix up the guest room for you….” She rotates her hands about each other in front of her, waiting for what I guess is my name.

“Vic,” I fill in the verbal blank for her, my right hand clutching my left elbow. I feel awkward just standing in front of the closed door and it is starting to physically manifest itself. The girl’s grassy eyes flit to my clutching hand and widen in realization.

“I'm sorry, Vic. I didn't realize that you were obviously uncomfortable. You can sit anywhere. Is there anything I can get you before I clean up the guest room?" she apologetically offers. My throat is twinging dryly, making it difficult for me to swallow. “Um, I guess I could use some water if it's not too much," I reply shyly, my eyes averting to the floor. She laughs easily.

“It's not a problem at all." As she walks into another room, still softly giggling to herself, I let my eyes wonder about the room. On the walls hang pictures of this girl and other humans I do not know. To my left sits a plush sofa, cream in colour, with a small table parallel to it. In front of the table sits a peculiar black rectangular object with a black screen standing atop another table.

I stare at the object, just observing it with curiosity, my concentration so intense that I don't hear the intruding footsteps. “Oh, did you want to watch something on the television?" Blonde says, walking over to the couch's table, first setting down the retrieved glass of water, and picking a small rectangular device I didn't previously notice. She presses one of the devices many buttons and the screen of this 'television' flashes with colour and moving pictures and sound is emitting from some part of it. I gasp aloud in awe, putting my sight back on the girl to ask how the contraption worked only to be met with perplexity on her part.

“Haven't you ever heard of television?" she asks. I shake my head, feeling a moderate pain in my neck that trickles down to my fresh wounds. Internally I hiss, but on the outside I keep my whimpers to myself and stay silent, awaiting her response. She just shakes her head too, saying “You are something strange, Vic. But lucky for you, I like strange." Her smile lets me know that these words are said with kindness, and I do not take offense. The lady walks to me, handing over this rectangle that seems to control the 'television'. Then, she turns to depart from the room, not making it to the other doorway before I remember something I needed to know.

“Your name?" I ask meekly, blushing a tad for not having asked earlier.

“Haha, oh yeah it's Jenna."
♠ ♠ ♠
STILL LOOKING FOR A CO-AUTHOR IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP, JUST INBOX ME ON HERE OR ON MY TUMBLR!!!! (loves3xriot.tumblr.com)

I hope you enjoy this update and I apologize for not updating earlier. I needed the inspiration. Feedback is great for me! I wanna know what you guys like, don't like, and want to see happen!!! :) Love you all! -Raechel