Pirate of the Skies

Chapter Two

Slowly I opened my eyes to see all the crew lying down on their faces. A throbbing sensation came from the back of my head. I lifted my hand up and rubbed the throb. I screwed up my eyebrows in confusion. Why are we all on the deck passed out? I looked over to my right to see Jaime passed out on the hard wooden deck. I stood up on the deck. There was an unfamiliar rocking to the boat and a soft whooshing sound. Looking around the sides of the boat I saw a clear blue-green flowing substance, a soft pink-orange glowing light coming from the horizon beyond. I turned to look the other way and saw structures with glowing lights and boats floating in the blue-green substance. We made it to another planet through the black hole! I grabbed the horn and blew it, startling all the crewmembers.
“Crew! We made it to a new planet. I see boats up yonder, so we shall move that way.” They all rushed to their posts and made the boat lurch forward into that direction. Slowly the boat made its way to the port type thing. When we docked the boat, we all grabbed our bag and ran down into the cluster of beings. We stopped and looked around at all the beings they looked like us. Except they have different clothing, very different clothing. Every one being was staring at us. All of their mouths hung open slightly. Until one being with just above the shoulder length black brown hair walked out of the crowd.
“Hey! I have been waiting for you! Come on, let’s go home.” He put his arm around my shoulders and motioned for the rest of the crew to follow. He walked us to an empty alley and took his arm off of my shoulders.
“Who are you?” He questioned.
“Well. I am Vic, this is Jaime and this is our crew.” I pointed to everyone surrounding me.
“Yeah, and what are you doing here?” His arms were crossed and he didn’t seem very inviting.
“We came through a black hole and ended up in the middle of the clear blue-green substance. Then I saw other boats and thought this might be a good place to stop and see this planet.”
“You mean you are from here?” He looked quite astonished.
“Is it not normal to see others from different planets?” I stepped forward and looked into his eyes. He took a step back.
“Uh, no it isn’t. But I am Kellin. If you are going to stay here, you might need different clothes. I know a good place to get some new ones, if you would like.”
“We would be very grateful for you to help us.” I stepped towards the wall nearest me and leaned against it.
“You have very good English for someone who has never been here before.”
“This is our native language. Now if you wouldn’t mind, I would like to not stand out anymore.” I snapped at him.
“Yeah sure. Lets go in this back door.” Kellin lead us through a cold hard door and into the back of a dark shop with a loud beating tune. Kellin lead us to a stand with fabric folded up.
“These are skinny jeans.” He looked at my body, “These should do you nicely. Just go up to the desk and ask to try them on. They will lead you to a room where you will put these pants on and see if they fit correctly.” I grabbed the skinny jeans and sauntered over to the desk. They lead me to a room, just like Kellin said. I pulled and hopped and skipped into the jeans. After all that work, I feel like they fit nicely and look good on me. I opened the door to see if Kellin agreed.
“Try on this shirt too.” He threw a shirt at me and leaned back against the wall. I went back in and tried on the shirt. It didn’t have any sleeves but thick straps on the shoulders. It was slightly loose fitting and very comfortable.
“What do you think?” I stepped out of the room. His draw dropped slightly and then he moved my hair slightly.
“We will take it. Put on this hat.” I put on the soft material that bended easily. He laughed at me and fixed it also. “That is called a beanie. It looks good.” I looked around at the rest of the crew and they all looked good too. We all seemed to be wearing skinny jeans and a different type of shirt. I looked around the room and took the dangly things that made it look like I hadn’t bought anything. The crew did the same.
“Wait what are you doing?” Kellin nervously fiddled with his fingers.
“We are pirates, do you really think we buy anything?” We all walked out of the back door we came in through.
“You just stole!” Kellin cried out.
“Shh.” I put my finger over his lips and he shushed. “If you are going to be near us and help us, you better get used to it.” The natural source of light had disappeared and the only light was being filtered through tall lamps. The whispering of the crew disappeared as I stared into his deep light blue-grey eyes. The sound of the crashing waves ceased to exist. All thoughts that were just racing through my head disappeared.
“Why are you so close to me?” I realized that we were face to face and my body was almost pushed completely into his. I quickly stepped away. What was I doing? What was I thinking?
“Oh.. Uhmm. Uh sorry.” I stuttered. His eyes just put you into a trance. “Do you have macaroni and cheese here?”
“Do we? It’s everywhere. It’s a wonderful thing on this planet. How do you know about macaroni and cheese?”
“We have it too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I hope you enjoy.