Status: It's finished but not on here :)

Butterfly Project

Beneath Your Beautiful

Hmph, hope... a word I never coordinated in my daily language. Lawson Axis of all people was soothing me while I was making horrible gaging noises over a trash can. "Meleah, its okay. I'm not going to leave your sight." He says sweetly. And you know what? He never did, he layed on that bed with me that whole night, like he was engraved into it.
I remember falling asleep, cuddled up to Lawson. I remembered feeling his muscles flinch at the feeling of my cold hands around his waist. He didn't care, because the next day I woke up next to him, like it was meant to be that way. His brown eyes flutter open and he smiles. "I hope you slept good." He giggles. "You know, I really have to pee." I say flatly.
I didn't want him to know how I was feeling inside, I couldn't tell him. The walls I had been building up since I was 5 were never coming down. I didn't know how love felt, and I never would. But the way it felt laying next to him, with our fingers intertwined it felt, right?
He helps me up and i shake him off. "Stop it Lawson, you don't have to pity me. I am here for a reason, but I wasn't supposed to make it that night when I cut myself. I was supposed to die!" I say screaming the last part. "Mel, listen. Last night being beside you, laying in that bed with you. It wasn't like laying down with Courtney. Your different Mel." He says seriously.
"Don't. Call. Me. That." I snap at him. Just hearing Mel brought everything back and I couldn't help but let the tears flow. Janah, how I missed her so much. She was only 16 when I was 8. She was the best big sister in the world.
*Flashback*
"Ma'am, do you know this girl?" The police officer asked showing a picture of Janah. "Y-yes, why?" My mom asked. "Well she was in a car accident. She died at the scene, it was a hit and run." He says. Hearing him say that my best friend, my only sister was dead killed me inside.
*Present*
Lawson rushes over to me and kneels beside me. "Mel was what my sister called me, before, before she was killed in a car accident." I mumble into his shoulder. He wraps his arms securely around my waist and pulls me into his lap. "I'm so sorry Meleah, I didn't know." He says to me. "Of course you didn't, no one cares about me, so why should it matter?" I yell at him.
"It does matter. Meleah, your special. I don't know what it is, but eventually I will show you." He tells me kissing my forehead gently. Wall one was down, he couldn't break through the others, could he?
♠ ♠ ♠
Tadaaa <3 Thank you for the subscriptions and recommendations!