Status: It's finished but not on here :)

Butterfly Project

Hurt

*Lawson's POV*
I didn't want to loose the way this felt, sitting here with her. I touch her bandaged wrists and she jumps away from me. "Stop it, I really don't need your help, I don't even know why you are still in here!" She scream at me making me jump. It was like she didn't want me to feel anything for her.
"Meleah, listen to me. I am not going to stop, I want to be in your life, even if you don't. I promise that I will be here for you." I whisper to her. I grab her hand and pull her back down to me. "I'll be with you for as long as I have to." I add. At that moment, Courtney didn't matter. It was all about Meleah and I, even if she didn't want it to be like that.
She nestles her head in the crook of my neck and sniffles. "I was supposed to die last night, my jerk of a stepdad wasn't supposed to break the door down." Meleah says while yawning. I slowly stand up and carry her bridal style to the hospital bed. I lay her on it and pull a chair beside her in case she needs anything I would be here.
*Meleah's POV* 
"Dad, stop it! You can't do that to me!" I yell out. I jump up and realize that I was only sleeping and that Lucas wasn't in the room, just Lawson and I. Lawson was standing by the bathroom on the phone with someone. I heard him talking, but it was muffled so I couldn't hear much.
"Yeah babe, I'll be over there soon. I'm just doing stuff at the hospital." He says. "Okay, love you too." Lawson adds quietly. I quickly shut my eyes and pretend to be sleeping. "Meleah, Meleah. Wake up please." He whispers to me. I flutter my eyes open and look at him. "What?" I say to him blankly. "Look, I've got to go, my uhm m-mom wants me home." He says nervously. "Well then leave, I never wanted you to stay." I yell at him.
He gets up and walks to the door and stops, slowly he turned around and walked back to my bed. "Don't try to hurt yourself again, I don't know what I would do." Lawson states. "Just shut up and go hang out with your girlfr, I mean mom." I yell to him. "Also, you don't know me so you couldn't be hurt if I was to kill myself!" I scream, louder this time.
He was quiet for a second and connects his eyes to mine. "But I would care." He says slowly. "If you cared Lawson, then you would have talked to me before I turned into the freak show, just look at me! I'm in here because I tried to kill myself, how many times have you seen my mom or stepdad in here, huh?" I scream at him. "Not one flipping time Lawson! I am not loved in this world, and I never will be!!" I add. He frowns down at me and wipes a tear from my eyes. "I've got to go." He says flatly while walking out of the hospital room.