Status: Done!

Nothing Even Matters

Nothing Even Matters

Italics are French
Bold is Spanish
And your regular font is English.
_________________________________________________________
Veronica’s POV

You know when you come from a Hispanic family as soon as you turn 21 your extended family is already asking you if you like boys and if you do to get a boyfriend. They expect you to have a kid by the time your 24 and be expecting another by the time you turn 25. Yes that’s how they did it back then, but I like going to family reunions and you know being able to relax while I see my cousin run around chasing after their kids. I love kids I can’t lie, but I don’t see me having one till I’m 25 or 26.

“Jon” I said.
He glanced at me and you could clearly see how exhausted he was.
“While you wait for your bag I’ll just go get the keys for the overnight stay” I said.

He nodded and I pecked his lips and jogged over to there long corridor. I got the keys and walked over to Jon who was rubbing his eyes.

“Let’s go” I said as he put the stuff into the little cart.
“I’m so tired” he mumbled.

I nodded and we began walking through the airport. I was thankful I lived in a state where no one really seemed to care about hockey. Well they did but not many people would recognize him.

“You excited to be home?”
I looked at Jon and smiled.
“Of course” I said looking at the sky.
“I like it here it’s not to hot” he said.
“Oh it’s really hot, but we are at an airport. An airport is always cold” I said as I unlocked the car.
He looked at the car and nodded.
“This was your baby?” he asked.
“Well it’s mine but I have my other car in Chicago, so you know might as well let my dad drive it around” I said as we put the two suitcases in the small Jetta.

“How long till we get your house?” he asked.
“I doubt there is any traffic right now so I can get there in 45 minutes top” I said.
He nodded and rubbed his eyes as we got into the car.
“Once we get there you can sleep” I told him.
He nodded and looked out the window. He took off his baseball cap he was wearing and leaned back on the seat.
“It is way passed your bed time” I told him.
He laughed and nodded.
“Yes it is”
I began driving out of the parking lot. Jon paid the overnight stay for the car and I sped out.

“You are certainly from LA”

I laughed and I merged onto the freeway.
“If we go the other way what way will we go?”
“Uh you would be going towards the beach Jon, Dockweiler is there” I told him as I changed lanes.
He nodded and looked around.

“Can we go?”
“To the beach?” I asked glancing at him.
I smiled a little when I saw he still looked tired, but he was trying to keep himself awake.
“Yea”
“Of course. We can even have a little bonfire just the two of us” I said smiling as I drove.
“Definitely”
The car got silent once again and just when I thought he was asleep he spoke up.
“There’s another airport?”
“Uh yes the Hawthorne airport” I said glancing at him.

He nodded and he looked down at his phone, probably texting Pat or something.

“Are your parents awake?”
“Yes they are” I said.
As if on cue his phone began ringing. He laughed and put it on speaker.
“Hello” he said.
“Hola Mijo”
He smiled a little and rubbed his eyes.
“Hi Silvia” he said.

She talked with him saying he sounded really tired and then he asked where we were. He glanced at me and I looked around.

“South LA we should be home in 20 minutes” I said.

He told her and she said she would be waiting. I rolled my eyes when my mom said goodbye to him. My mom loved him to bits and my dad had told me the night before that she was bragging to the family how her “Yerno” was coming to visit for a few days. Yerno is Spanish for son in law. Jon finally hung up and glanced at me. He grinned when I looked at him.

“I love your mom”

I laughed and nodded.
“She loves you too” I said.
“What exactly going on tomorrow?”
“Our engagement party” I said.

He nodded and looked at my left hand where a ring was now firmly placed on my ring finger
“Wow that was fast”
“Well my mom sure loves to shut up my aunts” I said.
He laughed and I pulled out of the freeway.

“Where are we?”

I laughed and glanced at him and saw he was sitting up and looking out the window.
“We are in my hometown” I said stopping at the red light.
He nodded slowly and looked around.
“I don’t remember seeing this”
“That’s cause you’re always asleep” I said.
He laughed and nodded.
“True”

He stayed quiet and I saw he was looking at the building to his left.
“If I remember you were born there”
I nodded and the light turned green.
“Yes I was” I said.
“That’s cool”

I smiled and turned left. I heard him take a deep breath and I pulled into my house. I saw my dad walk over to the gate and he opened it. I drove inside and parked the car. I got out and so did Jon. I smiled a little when I saw my mom was all over Jon already. Asking him is he was hungry and touching his arm. My dad wasted no time and pulled me into a hug.

“Long time no see”
I laughed and nodded.
“Such a long time” I said.

He laughed because we had seen each other no less than two weeks ago. I walked over to Jon who was taking out the two suitcases out of the car. My mom laughed when she saw mines was the smaller one.

“She has some of her clothes in mine too” Jon defended.
My mom smiled and she walked in with him.
“Where’s Javi?” I asked my dad.
“He wanted to be here, but with the baby he just had” he said.
I nodded understanding.
“It’s fine” I said.
“He will be here tomorrow” he said.

I smiled an nodded. Javier or Javi as I called him was my older brother. It was just us two as siblings. He was the oldest and was younger than Jon. He was 24 and I was 22 years old.
“It’s fine he has a family” I said smiling at him.
“Well go lead your boy to your room before your mom steals him”
I laughed and walked over to Jon.
“This way” I said.
“You know I’ve actually never been in your room”
“I know cause you needed a key” I said waving my engagement ring at him.
He laughed and he rolled in the suitcases into the dark room.
“Uh where’s the light?”

I laughed and flipped the switch. Jon looked around the room.

“This is so you” he mumbled as he looked around.

I laughed and opened my suitcase. My room looked like it did back when I started dating Jon. It was a lavender color and it had pictures covering most of a wall.

“Are you going to shower?” I asked
He shook his head and I walked over to him. He sat on the edge of my bed and I smiled at him.
“I’ll shower tomorrow” he mumbled as he put his head on my shoulder.
I nodded and played with his hair.
“Ok then. Go to bed I’m going to take a quick shower” I told him.

He nodded and pulled away. He pecked my lips and he got up. I slapped his butt earning a chuckle from him. Jon certainly had booty to flaunt. I walked into the bathroom as I heard him shuffling around getting his Pajamas. I took a quick shower and when I came out Jon was fast asleep. His white T-shirt had rose a little in his sleep, but I doubt he cared cause he looked like he was enjoying his sleep. He was on his chest with one arm tucked into him and the other stretched out. That arm would be a dead arm later on because he was laying on it. I fixed the comforter and turned off the light and listened to Jon’s deep breathing for a while. Pat was right he does breath deep. I put my hand under his shirt and he stirred. He didn’t wake up so I rubbed my hand up and down his back and after a while I poked him because his breathing was annoying me. He groaned and moved alittle I smiled and I cuddled up to his back and fell asleep.

_________________________________________________________

I woke up to someone making commotion in the living room. I blinked and saw myhead was on Jon’s back. I took a deep breath and smiled. I carefully took my hand from under his shirt and I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Jon was still asleep in the same position he had been when I went to bed. I kissed his cheek and got out of bed.I walked over to my closet where Jon had put both suitcases and I opened one. I slipped on my shorts and a simple blouse. I decided to leave my hair down while in the bathroom and when I walked out of my room my godmother was walking in. She gave me a smile and opened her arms as she embraced me in a hug.

“Wake up the boy I haven’t met him” she told me in Spanish.

I made a face and shook my head. I looked at my bed and saw my godmother had moved the blanket. When I got out of bed I tucked him back in and you could see his well toned back as he breathed evenly. His shirt was up since I had rubbed his back before going to bed last night. It was also wrinkled on his right side because that’s where my head had been.

“He’s asleep and well it’s not time for him to be up” I said noticing it was 10am.

She frowned and walked over to the sleeping body. She tugged on his arm and he didn’t even move. She tugged again which caused him to groan and move his arm as he curled up making his face be hidden by the pillow.

“Really?”

I laughed and looked at her.
“Come on let’s go to the living room” I said.
She nodded and she dragged me out of the room.

“Let me see the ring”

I showed her my hand and she smiled.
“It’s beautiful and it looks expensive” she said winking at me.
I faked a smile and walked behind her as we got to the living room. I was pulled into a hug by my brother and smiled.
“Hi Javi” I said hugging him.
“Vero” he mumbled into my head.
He pulled away and looked at me. I pulled my sister in law into a hug and hugged their little boy.

“You look the same” he said.
“Well I did see you a few weeks ago” I told him.
He nodded and looked around.
“Where is Jon anyways?”
“Asleep” my godmother grumbled.
My mom laughed and looked at her.
“Now Anna he needs rest. When they got in at about midnight he looked exhausted”

“Well I want to meet the boy”
“You’ve met him already” Javi reminded her.
“Well I didn’t care back then. She’s marrying my niece/goddaughter”
They laughed and I smiled.
“Let’s make breakfast and I’ll wake him” I said compromising with her.
_________________________________________________________
Jonathan’s POV
I felt someone shaking me and I groaned.

“Jon time to get up”
I opened my eyes to see Vero looking down at me.
“Morning” I mumbled
“Morning”

She kissed me in the cheek and I looked at her confused. She always pecked my lips, every morning. Why was she breaking the tradition? I guess she noticed my confused look because she smiled and looked up.

“We have a visitor” she told me in French

I looked at her and followed her gaze making me turn where I saw her godmother.

“Oh my he’s gorgeous!” she shrieked in Spanish.

“There you saw him and we will be in the kitchen in a few minutes”

“Veronica, come on I need to get to know my goddaughter’s fiancé!”

“You can in the living room in a few minutes” Vero told her Godmother.

She left the room and I felt a pair of lips on mine.

“Much better” I said pulling away.

She smiled at me and hopped off the bed. I noticed she had changed because well she doesn’t sleep in those kinds of shorts.

“Shower” she told me.
I nodded and my stomach growled.
“After” I said.
“Well go brush your teeth”
I nodded and got out of bed. I brushed my teeth and walked over to her. She fixed my hair with her fingers and she smiled.
“Come on” she said.
She led the way and I stopped when I heard barking.
“Bear!”
The Chocolate Labrador stopped next to Vero and she jumped on her. Vero just laughed and hugged her dog.
“I missed you to Bear” she cooed as the large Lab barked and wagged her tail.

“Who let you in?” she asked as we walked over to the living room.
“Morning” Vero announced.
I looked around and sighed (inside) of relief. I knew these people.

“Morning Jonathan” Javier, Vero’s brother said getting up.
“Morning” I said shaking his hand and patting his back.

“Carlos did you buy the meat?”
“Yes Silvia”
“Oh thank god I can start preparing that”

Javier looked at me.

“Go eat and ill see you later” he said.

I nodded and he left with his dad. Vero’s godmother walked over to me and she ogled me. This was kind of interesting yet creepy.

“You look better. More built, My Vero he’s gorgeous, and tall. Look at those legs”

I smiled a little amused and I looked at Silvia who laughed lightly.

“Jon come eat” Vero said.
I nodded and walked over.
“This looks delicious” I said sitting down.
“They all ate already” she said when she got her plate.

I nodded and she sat next to me. I looked up to see the family dogs inside. Lady nicknamed Bear; Buster the newest edition in the family; and well Bones the family wiener dog. I smiled a little when I recognized Vero’s beagle. He seemed to recognize me because he wagged his tail and trotted over to me. He had stayed with her parents while we were on vacation after winning the Stanley Cup and all. He was even in a few pictures. I got her the beagle a year ago for Christmas because she kept hinting out she wanted a puppy.

“Up top man” I said stretching out my hand.
The little dog sat on its bottom and gave me it’s paw.
“Good to see you too Lou” I said patting his head.

Vero laughed and she began eating. This is why I loved her. She didn’t care if I saw her with her hair messed up or not, or if she looked horrible or not. I actually don’t mind her being normal around me because well I am going to marry her.

“When is the family getting in?” Vero asked as she ate a piece of her pancake.

“3”

She nodded and looked at me.
“I need to shower then” she said.
“Wear a dress” her godmother scolded.
Vero frowned and I looked at her godmother.
“I’m going to wear a dress, Jon picked it out for me and all”

I smiled and looked at her godmother. She looked at me and then at Vero.

“Keep him on a leash!” she barked at her in Spanish as she left the room.
Her mother laughed and walked over to me.

“You know you should tell her you understand Spanish”
I took a bite of my eggs and smiled.
“But that will ruin the fun” I said smiling at her.
She laughed and patted my shoulders.

“You two going to shower?” she asked.

“Yea I didn’t wash my hair last night so I need to wash it”

I looked at Vero who was eating a strawberry. I bit in a groan because she was eating it slowly, as if she were teasing or something. She winked at me as her mom left us alone. I knew that wink; it meant I want to have sex with you. She giggled as I scarfed down my food and got up. I washed my dirty dishes and walked out to the room saying I needed to shower.

_________________________________________________________

Veronica’s POV

I heard the shower running and I got my dress and my robe.
“Jon do you have a towel?” I asked as I got a condom from the suitcase.
I closed the suitcase and put it in its spot.
“Yea”
“Ok then” I said walking over to the bathroom.
I giggled as he pinned me to the wall and growled.
“Shh Jon they’re going to hear you” I said as he kissed my neck.
I love it when you talk in French. You make it so sexy

I laughed and soon we were in the shower making out. IT happened fast and quick. He was red and holding me against the wall. I pulled away slightly when i heard someone in my room.

“Someone is in the room” I whispered into his ear as he held in a moan.
”I locked the door”

I laughed and he pulled me into a kiss. He was so out of air. He gripped onto my side and put his head on my shoulder. His mouth kissed my shoulder and then he pressed his face against my shoulder as He moaned. I bit in a moan and he threw his head back as his orgasm hit. His eyes rolled back and i covered his mouth and stifled his moan.He almost dropped me when he released, so I squeaked. He looked at me and I bit in a laugh.
you’re horrible be quiet we’re going to get caught” I said looking at him.
Come on I bet this was on that bucket list you had when I met you”

I smiled and pecked his lips. I heard a light knock on the door and the door jiggled. Nothing happened and we continued making out until we heard a knock. I pulled away from Jon and he moved his head to the side looking at me. I smiled when I saw him looking at my boobs and I laughed when he reached for one.

“Veronica”
“well the fun is over now”

I shook my head and smiled at Jon who pecked my lips. He smiled at me as he slipped off the condom and got out of the bathtub/ shower.

I heard another knock and my mom said my name again.

“Yes mom?” I asked.
“Is Jonathan there with you?”

I saw Jonathan had a towel around his waist and he had a toothbrush in his mouth.

“Yea mom” I said.
“In the shower with you?”
“No mom I’m showering and he’s brushing his teeth” I said.

I heard the door unlock and my mom let out a low “Oh”

“What happened mom?” I asked.

“Your aunt Anna ran to the kitchen thinking you two were having sex. She heard Jon moan?"
I stuck my head out of the shower and looked at her. I laughed and i saw Jon who was looking at his teeth in the mirror.
“Mom" i scolded
“I know I’m sorry”
"He did moan but in pain the idiot hit his foot" i said.

I laughed when I saw how she was ogling at Jon. The Canadian man was in just a towel and you could see his well-toned stomach and arms.
“We can keep it unlocked if you want?” Jon offered as he spit his toothpaste.

My mom blushed and shook her head.

“She’s crazy, ill lock your door on my way out” she said.
I nodded and she closed the door apologizing to Jon.

We are going to hell” Jon said smiling down at me
I laughed and nodded.
“We are” I agreed as he slipped off his towel and got back into the shower.
“Scrub my back will you babe?”

I smiled and locked the door. Oh my family is going to throw a fit when they see whom I’m going to marry. Especially since he looks like this. I kid i wouldn't care how he looks. he didn't look like this when i met him. Well he was built, but not like now
_________________________________________________________

Jonathan’s POV

Vero looked gorgeous and very casual. Her Godmother actually scolded her for wearing what she was wearing and Javi shut her and his godmother up saying his sister looked gorgeous. I laughed because i was in jeans and a simple t-shirt. Silvia said it was fine because i didn't need to impress anyone

I looked around and saw most of Vero’s cousin just staring at me, waiting for Vero to leave me alone. They saw my Rolex I was wearing and well Vero told me there were a few gold diggers in the family.

”Here you go Jon”
I looked up to see Javier handing me a beer.
“thanks man” I said taking the cold bottled beer from his hands.
I took a sip of it and my phone vibrated.
“Hey Gabby”
“Hi Javi!”

The cousins hugged and Vero got up. She tugged my hand making me stand up with her.

“Vero my favorite cousin” Gabby said.
Vero laughed and they hugged.
“Hi Jon” she said pulling me into a hug.
I kissed her cheek and pulled away.
“Congrats you two!”

I smiled because I knew Gabby wasn’t fake at all. She was shorter than Vero, who was 5’5. They looked a little alike, but you could tell they cared for each other. I had met her a few times because she stayed with Vero for a while a few years ago.

“Let me see the ring!”
“Let me see yours!
Gabby showed Vero her [url=http://www.couple-of-cooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/engagement_ring_small1.jpg]ring.
“I love it” Gabby said putting her hand that had her engagement ring across her ches.t
Vero smiled and showed her the ring.
“wow yours is big” Gabby said.
I chuckled and Gabby looked at me.

“Well Alex told me his is passed down so it must mean a lot to you” Vero said.
Gabby nodded and smiled. She cocked her head to the side and frowned.
“Whores are coming, sit down Jon” she said as Vero sat down.

I took a seat and Vero took a sip of her water.
“Hi”
I looked up and Vero put her cup down.
“Hey Rosie, Hey Laura” Vero said smiling at her cousins who looked like they were twins.
“Congrats”
I nodded and they looked down at my wrist.
“So um are you like rich or something?”
“Goodbye girls” Vero said.

They rolled their eyes and left.

“They’re 16” she said once they had left.

I looked at her and nodded. I heard chatter and I turned to see like a pack of people walking in. Vero got one of my hands and squeezed it.

“Just be yourself. If they don’t like you then it’s alright. You’re marrying me not my extended family” she said kissing my cheek.

I nodded and took a sip of my beer.

“Wow Vero certainly has good taste in men”

I bit back a smirk and I took another sip of my beer. Her family was nosey and you could tell of it.

“Vero introduce the boy and congrats let’s see the rock”

Vero frowned because she hated when they said it was a rock. It signified our love not a price.

“I wish people would stop calling it that, it’s an engagement ring” Vero said as she hugged her family.

I stood up and her uncles shook my hand introducing me and welcoming me to the family. I thanked them and they rushed to Vero’s dad and the beers.

“Jon” Vero said breaking me off my thoughts.
I looked at her and I felt someone feel my arms.

“He is ripped”

I looked at Vero and she laughed. I slowly moved back and her aunt stepped forward to keep hold of my arm.

“And he’s gorgeous. He’s a keeper!”

“His name is Jonathan” Vero said when her aunt looked at me and asked what my full name was.

I was introduced to her aunt Daniela, Julia, Giselle, Vanessa, Katherine, Marianna, Lorena, Valeria, Erica, Rosalinda, and so on. Half of them gave me fake smiles and I could hear them muttering that they gave me two months before I saw nothing in Vero and I would leave her. Vero noticed and she rubbed my arm.

“Come on let’s go for a walk” she said getting my hand before my vein popped up.

We walked to the front of the house and she smiled.

”Don’t listen to them”

I looked at my fiancé who was smiling at me. She rubbed my arm lightly and got my hands.

”I love you”
I smiled and pulled her closer. I hugged her and she smiled up at me.
“How can I not listen to them. They talk like you’re not there” I said.
She shrugged and smiled.

“What can I do about it? One of my uncles will ask you later on if you know Spanish and you can be like bam yea I understand it and I’m learning it because I want to say my vows in Spanish”

I smiled and nodded.

“Let them hate babe”
She pecked my lips and she smiled.
“Now come on I’m starving”

I laughed and followed her inside. I saw she had a few cousins now. Most of them had a child in their arms. She hugged them and introduced them to me. None of them seemed to recognize me and I remembered her telling me that only her, Javi and her dad were hockey fans.

We all sat down and I began eating the food. It was meat on the grill, they call it carne asada. There was rice, beans, and so many other foods. Oh god this all looked good, fuck my diet.

I began eating and I heard someone call my name. I looked up and Vero’s dad, Carlos handed me a grilled Jalapeno. I took it from him and thanked him. I put it on the side and got a tortilla. I began eating occasionally taking a bite of my jalapeno. I felt eyes on me and I looked up. Vero’s cousin whose name was Gina looked at me as she fed her baby.

“How’d you meet Vero?” she asked.
Vero stopped eating and glanced at me.
“Shall I tell the story?” I asked Vero.
Vero looked at me and shrugged.
“We met in college” Vero started.
_________________________________________________________
Flashback to September 2006

Jonathan’s POV
I opened the door to the dining hall to see it was packed. A girl who stood out like a sore thumb was standing at the very end of the line. I walked over to the end of the line and I saw she was reading a book.
“Reading for Ronald’s class?” I asked her making her look up.

She stepped back a little because I was after all 6’1 and she was a good 5’3 or 4.

“Yea”

She looked up at me and smiled as she closed her book
“Do you like it?” I asked her.
“Most definitely. I read it in high school and I don’t know why people hate the book”
I smiled and chuckled.
“I don’t think people get into the book” I told her.
She nodded and looked at the cover of her book.
“I love Steinbeck’s work”
I smiled and nodded.
“What’s your favorite book?” I asked.
“Of mice and men but no one takes the book serious. They think that George takes advantage of Lennie and all”

I smiled; this girl had actually read the book. She did look a little nerdy.

“I get you, who’s your favorite author?” I found myself asking.
She bit her lip and looked up at me.
“Hmm that’s a hard one” she huffed a little.
“Favorite book?” I asked
“oh that’s easy, Where the Red Fern grows”
I looked at her and she smiled. I had read the book a few years back and never did I think someone would call it her favorite book
“Favorite Author is SE Hinton. I love all her books. My brother makes fun of me because I just reread them when I can”

She smiled at me and I nodded.

“I have two at home. A golden retriever and a pit bull”
“You like dogs?” I asked.

She nodded and smiled.

“Yea but they’re getting old. I’m kinda scared that I’ll get a call from home or something”

I nodded and looked at her.
“Your accent” I started.
She laughed and smiled.
“Everyone tells me that”
“Well where are you from?” I asked as we took a few steps.
“California” she said.
I nodded and looked at the line. It was long so I would be able to continue talking with her.
“What part of California?” I asked her.
“LA”
I nodded and she looked up at me.
“You?”
“I’m Canadian” I said.
“That’s cool”
I chuckled a little and nodded.
“What part Canada?”
“Winnipeg” I said.
“Oh I went there once. It was super cold”
I nodded and she looked at me.
“How can you live there?”
I laughed and she smiled at me.
“What’s your name?” I asked her.
“Veronica”
I nodded and stretched out my hand. She looked at it and gripped onto it.
“Jonathan” I said as she shook my hand.
“So what does one do in Winnipeg?”
“I played hockey” I said.

I watched as her eyes lit up when I said that.

“You play hockey?” she asked.

Uh-oh, is she a puck bunny?

“Yea, I play here” I said looking down at her.
“That’s so cool”

I nodded and I looked and saw the line was still long.

“No one really watches hockey in LA. Feels nice to talk about hockey with someone”
I looked at her.
“Well they have a team” I said.
“Oh I know. We go to games”
She smiled and I looked at her.
“You go to kings games?” I asked.

“Yea my daddy has season tickets and all. They aren’t that good, but I have hopes that they’ll win the Stanley Cup one day”

I nodded and she smiled. Daddy, this girl was young like really young. You didn’t call your dad well daddy unless you were still in high school.

“How old are you?” I asked her.
She smiled and laughed.
“How old do I look?”

I looked at her and saw she was dressed in some Capri jeans. She was wearing sandals, her hair was up in a ponytail and she was wearing a blue polo.

“Uh I don’t know you look really young that’s why I ask” I said putting my hands in the pockets of my hoodie.
“I’m 16” she said.

My eyes widened and she smiled.

“You’re a little young to be here” I told her as I smiled.

She nodded and looked at me.

“Yea, I skipped grade two and I started school a year earlier”
“So how is college so far?” I asked.

“A little hard I miss my family, but I’ll live”
I nodded and looked down at her.
“Did you watch the draft?” I asked.

She shook her head and frowned.

“I had to apply to college and all so I don’t really know who got drafted and all unless it’s the kings”
She looked at me and smiled.
“So you play hockey”
I nodded and she smiled.
“Are you going to get drafted?”

She looked up when she saw she was next in line. Should I tell her? No I won’t. She handed the lady her ID and once they handed it to her she looked at me and gave me a small wave as she stepped back into the cafeteria. She actually looked really small next to all these students. I handed the lady my ID and she swiped it. She handed it to me.

“Veronica” I called out.

She turned around and looked a little surprise.

“Are you eating alone?” I asked her.
She blushed and nodded a little.
“Yea my roommate left me to go with her boyfriend and well I don’t know many people”
I smiled and nodded.
“Well you know me come on” I said getting her arm gently and leading her to the line to actually get her food.

And that’s how we met each other.

End of Flashback
_________________________________________________________
Jonathan’s POV
“Aww” her cousins cooed.
I laughed and her dad called me over. He told me to go over once my food was done. I finished eating and excused myself. I kissed Vero’s cheek and walked over to her dad.
“Have a seat”
I looked around and saw the only seat was available in between Javier and Carlos. I sighed of relief and walked over. I took a seat and I looked at her uncles.
“So how’d you meet Veronica?”
_________________________________________________________
Veronica’s POV

“He’s cute”
Gabby rolled her eyes and my other cousin spoke up.
“Are his friends as cute as him?”

“You have a child, and a boyfriend Karla” Gabby told my cousin who rolled her eyes and smiled at me.

“It’s not bad if I want to change my lifestyle and by the looks of it that boy of yours is rich”
I rolled my eyes and leaned back.

“You two met in college and then what?” she asked.
“We moved to Chicago” I said.
She nodded.
“I keep forgetting that you’re a pharmacist”
I nodded
“Intern right now. I haven’t graduated yet” I responded to her.
“So does he work with you? Cause I would totally rip that lab coat off of him” my other cousin said as she hopped her baby on her legs.

“Honey!”

Saved by my godmother. Jon walked over to me and I laughed as he gave me wide eyes and got my hand. The girls smiled and we began forming a circle with our chairs. Jon sat next to me and through his arm over my shoulder. He pulled me closer and kissed my cheek.

“Wow there’s more food”

Jon wasn’t used to eating a lot so seeing so much food made him happy. What kind of man doesn’t like eating? He took the slice of cake and looked at me. My aunts who were talking bad about us were walking over. By the look of Jon’s face they still were.

“So Jonathan”
Jon looked at my aunt who smiled at him.
“When you guys have kids, are you going to make Vero stop working?” my aunt asked him.

“Well it’s her life and well why does she need to stop working. Vero is a strong and independent woman. She’s not done with school and I support her every step of the way”

I smiled at him and my aunt gave him a smug look.

“Well good luck trying to get her out of the living room when that horrible sport is on”
Jon looked at me and Gabby laughed.
“Mom now that’s rude. Hockey is not horrible” she told her mom
“I like hockey” Gabby said.
They all groaned well atleast all my aunts. Jon laughed and looked at me. I gave him a shrug and he smiled.

“How can you possibly have time for that? Those men are savages! Who would play that sport!”

Javi and Gabby started laughing and my aunt looked at them.

“What?” she snapped at her niece and nephew who were cracking up.
Jon looked at me amused and I smiled.

“Jon plays hockey” I said.
“Youre marrying a nobody! Veronica those men are horrible apes!”
I looked at Jon and smiled.
“I don’t think Jon is an ape” I said.
Jon looked at my aunt who said that and she was red. She was embarrassed and couldn’t even look at him in the eye.

“So are you excited for the Olympics?” Javi asked him.
“Yea, I got orientation camp in a few weeks”
It all got quiet and my aunts looked at him.
“Oh right! I forgot to congratulate you hun” my mom said.
My mom smiled and stood behind Jon as she put her hands on his shoulder.
“My son in law is going to the Olympics again” my mom boasted.
They all looked at him and he rubbed his neck.

“You went last time?” My cousin asked him, it was a different cousin this one had her blouse more lower.
“Uh yea, I’m Canadian”
They all looked at me and I ignored them.

“Jon’s won two Stanley cups” Javi said.
They all looked at Jon who smiled.
“He’s the Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks” my brother added.

I squeezed Jon’s hand because his cheeks were turning pink. He was so humble, his momma raised him well.

“Uh what else, he has a gold medal. And he’s only 25 years old! And he has a shot to be Captain of the Canadian National Hockey Team! He’s in the Triple Gold Club, he’s like one of the youngest members” my brother bragged.

My aunt looked at me and then at him.

“He’s your typical perfect Canadian little boy”

Jon looked at Gabby who laughed in return.

“You’re Canadian, so you know French”
“Yea my mom taught me” Jon said looking at my uncle.
“And you taught Veronica and Javier how to speak French?”

Jon looked at me and smiled as he nodded.

“Yea” Jon said.
“Are you planning on learning Spanish?”
Jon smiled and he watched as my aunts took a sip of their drinks.

“Uh I actually understand Spanish” he said nonchalantly as he looked at my aunts who spit their drinks and coughed as they looked at him shocked.

“Oh really?”

Jon nodded and looked at me.
“Yea really. The wedding is going to be all in Spanish because I want to say my vows in Spanish to Vero” Jon said.
My mom teared up a bit and some of my aunts got up and stormed off. Jon looked at me confused.

“This is nothing against you man”
Jon looked at my brother.
”You two are doing something that most of these girls didn’t do” my brother said as he picked up his one year old boy.
”and that is?” Jon asked.
“You’re getting married before starting a family. You two are actually in love” Gabby said.
Her fiancé nodded and him and gabby smiled at each other. Alex really loved her.

“Aunt Julia hates that her perfect daughter had a kid at 23 out of wedlock. She’s been with the dude for about 10 years and he’s not proposing or anything” Javi said.

Jon looked at me and I nodded.

“She used to brag so much that her daughter went to UCLA and she was the most successful one. Imagine her face when she saw my degrees” I said.

He chuckled and ate a piece of his cake.

“She used to brag that. You see that big guy walking over?” Javi asked as we got up and separated from the group.
Jon looked and nodded. My cousin David was a big man, atleast a good 5’10, weighing a good 300 pounds.
“He’s a teacher and he was the highest degree in the family” Javi said.
Jon looked at Javi and rose an eyebrow.
“But you’re an engineer” he said slowly.
“Well yea but no one seems to care” Javi said as he picked up his little boy.
“Your family is weird” Jon mumbled.
“Extended Jon extended” I reminded him.

“Woah what is Jonathan Toews doing here?”

Jon looked at me, as my cousin walked over to us.

“Hi David” I said smiling.

My cousin looked at me and smiled at Jon.

“Wow really? Congrats girl” he said.
I nodded and he introduced himself to Jon. He then walked away to greet the family.
“Yea so basically just keep away from my aunts, unless it’s aunt Valeria and Rosie” Javi said.
I laughed and he walked over to his wife who had their whining child.
_________________________________________________________
Jonathan’s POV

“Well you certainly have an…interesting family” I said.
Vero laughed and I smiled.
“You aren’t scared of them”

I shook my head and pecked her lips.

“Like you said they’re your extended family” I said fixing her bangs.

She smiled and I kissed her. I heard cheering and I pulled away. Vero’s mom and dad were smiling at us and I looked down at Vero.
“I don’t care what they have to say Vero. I love you and it won’t matter what they say” I said pecking her lips.

I got her hand and kissed her ring. She smiled and nodded. Here goes nothing.

“And come on I have a pretty mean accent”

She smiled so big and I heard a light gasp from her mom. Vero pulled me down and kissed me.

“You think I sound sexy in French Damn you can make Spanish work on you” she said as I pulled her closer to me.

“Nothing Even Matters babe” I mumbled
“It doesn’t, screw them” she mumbled as she kissed me.

I felt something hit me in the head and I pulled away.

“You guys really shouldn’t do that by the apple tree cause apples fall”

I turned and looked at Javier who was looking at us.
“You tell us now” I said looking at Vero.
“4 more months Future Mrs. Toews” I said.
She smiled and nodded.
“I like the sound of it”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have insomnia and it's 4am. I wrote this in 4 hours o.o I should probably go to bed cause i need to be up in 6 hours.