Schrei So Laut Du Kannst

Recess and German Letters

“Come on, Katy. Time for school.”

I opened my eyes and saw the twins. Bill was in a tight red shirt and black jeans. Tom had dressed in a baggy white t-shirt and pants. He had a black baseball cap on his head; I smiled at them---the first true one in so long---and pushed back the blankets. After ushering them away, I pulled on black shorts, a lime t-shirt, and a black vest with lime-coloured smiley face buttons. Plain black flip-flops adorned my feet. I grabbed my bag and led them to the school. Both Erins were waiting by my locker; I laughed when their jaws dropped.

“Hershey, Anal, this is Bill and Tom. Boys, these are Erin and Erin.”

“Huh?”

“Hershey and Anal.”

“Oh.”

“Well, let’s go get your schedules.”

“They’re in all your classes,” A.E. announced.

“Says who?”

“Mia.”

“Okay. Well, it’s time for class.”

The day was surprising for my guests: they were accustomed to strict authority and impeccable schedules. They definitely were not used to recess. Yes, my school allowed the students to go to the elementary school and play on the playground for a short while. I could tell Hersh and Anal were jealous that I was now friends with two “extremely gorgeous smexy boys.”

My parents acted like the night before had never happened, when we got home. I rolled my eyes and went to my roomI was rolling my eyes a lot since the twins had arrived; the boys followed without hesitation or question. They sat on my floor and pulled their notebooks out. I immediately got online to check my emails. After signing back out, I reclined on my bed and peered over Tom’s shoulder. His handwriting was horrible…and in German.

Mutter

Ja, wir werden Spaß haben und wir sind verhalten. Ich verspreche. Katy ist wirklich nett, und so sind ihre Eltern. Ich vermisse zu Hause, aber damit nicht auf Bill ist hier, damit ich bin nicht allein. Tell Gordon Ich sagte hallo. Katy Nun - die Beantwortung Ihrer Frage in den letzten Schreiben Sie mir - ist schön. Sie hat lange schwarze Haare, helle Augen die Farbe des Meeres. Aber keine gewöhnlichen Meere. Tropische Wasser. Klare, Kristall-Blau und fesselnd jemand sieht, zu tief. Sie hat Elfenbein Haut und Kleider Weise anders als die meisten der Mädchen wieder zu Hause. Aber wie ich schon sagte, sie ist wunderschön. Da sie liest dies als ich schreibe (Gott sei Dank, sie wisse nicht, Deutsch) Ich gehe und kennen zu lernen sie mehr.

Ich liebe dich Mutter

Ihr Sohn für immer

Tom


“I saw my name,” I pointed out.

“You shouldn’t have seen any of it.”

“Meh. Let’s go to the mall.”

“How are we getting there?”

“Simple. Our feet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Translations
This is Tom's letter to his mother in English
Mother

Yes, we are having fun and we are behaving. I promise. Katy is really nice, and so are her parents. I miss being at home, but at lest Bill is here, so I am not alone. Tell Gordon I said hello. Well Katy - to answer your question in the last letter you sent - is beautiful. She has long black hair, bright eyes the color of the sea. But not ordinary seas. Tropical water. Clear, crystal blue and captivating anybody who looks too deep. She has ivory skin and dresses way different than most of the girls back home. But as I said, she is beautiful. Since she is reading this as I write ( thankfully, she does not know German ) I am going to go and get to know her more.

I love you Mother

Your son forever

Tom