We're Young and in Love

I'll Wait For This To Start.

I'll Wait For This To Start.

Josh's P.O.V

It was the end of August and it was finally mine and Oli’s wedding day. I can’t believe how fast this day had come; it felt like only yesterday that Oli had asked me to marry him.
The last eight months has been a big roller coaster, even after Oli had asked to marry me it took a few months for us to go back to how we were. Even though he swore he loved me and everything was okay, I knew he struggled to trust me again… I didn’t blame him to be honest, what I did was unforgiveable. We both agreed to go to couple cancelling, I know we’re young and we didn’t really need to go but it was suggested but Oli’s therapist who said it could really help save our relationship, and course I was willing to do anything.
It actually helped a lot, it made us talk about a lot of things which were left unsaid, like how it drove me crazy not being able to know what’s Oli’s thinking half the time, and Oli never understanding why I love him even when he left…and of course Vic was discussed a numbered of times and the incident what happened on New Years. Even though it put me through complete agony discussing the truth about Vic, especially in front of Oli and how I felt about that night… at times I thought this would only tear us apart but it seemed to make us stronger. Oli understood; he believes it only happened because he left me in the past, which I didn’t agree with but I promised to never speak or see Vic ever again… Oli said that wasn’t necessary but I forced myself to do so, I would do it for him because I knew how much me and Vic hurt him and I would do anything to make Oli feel less uncomfortable. We only went for about two months until we felt comfortable enough to continue to work this out on our own, it took a couple of months but we finally got back to normal again, we got our spark back and the fireworks never seem to end, I felt like I was born to love him.
Tom moved into my parent’s house and into my old room, as soon as my mother met him she fell in love with him instantly. She knew Oli and I needed our private space back and she obviously loved having a child to fuss over again. She always said me and Oli were too young to be getting married but I knew she meant well, she had some crazy thought we would move away and leave her alone with dad.
We wanted a quiet wedding with family and a few close friends, nothing big and fancy. Mum still threw a hissy fit and said we needed to go out with a bang; she wanted to take control of the wedding to make it perfect and have the wedding that we “deserve” and offered us a load of money to make it happen which of course, I turned down. Marrying Oli no matter where or how would be perfect no matter what, I didn’t need a big bag of cash to make it perfect, he already was perfect.
We would sit cuddling on the sofa for hours flicking through wedding magazines and discussing colour themes, food menus, music and all sorts; I would get annoyed and stressed out most of the time but Oli always made me feel better with one or two kisses and sometimes something a little bit more…
I set the date for our wedding, two weeks after my 20th birthday, Oli said there was no rush and he doesn’t mind waiting but I didn’t want to wait any longer. We’ve been together for almost three years now; I just wanted to be his husband already.
Oli teased me at my desperation for being his forever but he soon agreed that he wanted to be my husband just as much and screw with the waiting.
And the date was made final.

I was playing around with my heart charm necklace in between my fingers, I didn’t realise I was fiddling around with it so much until my mother complained.
“Joshua could you please stop playing around with that thing and pay attention!” She moaned, snapping me out of my nervous day dream.
I looked down at the necklace tangled in between my fingers, tracing over the O which was embossed on to it.
“Oh sorry, I didn’t realise.”
“Sweetheart, are you sure you’re okay? You don’t seem yourself.”
I let a sigh; I wished she would stop nagging me.
“I’m just a little nervous mum…”
“Are you sure you want to go through with this sweetheart? If you’ve changed your mind its okay, I’ll call it off.”
“No!” I shouted at her, making her jump with fright and eyes widen. Not my intension obviously but I wish she would stop fussing and nagging and understand that I’m just nervous.
“I mean, I love him so much; I want nothing more than to marry him… I just want everything to be perfect mum.”
“Aw sweetheart. It will be perfect; Oli loves the bones off of you.”
She pulled me into a hug to reassure me.
“I know.”
“Are you sure you don’t want me to walk you down the ale sweetie?”
Mum and dad offered to give me away many times but I turned them down every time, Oli had Tom but I didn’t want the fuss really… I’ll be fine walking down the aisle on my own…I hope.
“Damn, my mascara!” she wiped a tear from her eye.
“Mum why are you crying?!”
“Because my baby boy is all grown up and getting married!” she sobbed, wafting her hand in front of her face to stop the tears from falling.
“I’m not a baby anymore mum.”
“I know you’re not honey…you’re this big handsome young man who’s now entering the world of married life…” she burst into tears failing to finish her sentence, which to be honest pulled at my heart strings.
“mum come on, please don’t cry its meant to be a happy day.”
“They’re tears of joy Joshua!” she hit my arm as I teased her, she used her hanky to delicately wipe away her tears.
“Right okay, I’m going to take my seat before I end up looking like some sort of drag queen!”
She gave me a big hug and kiss; I winced as she wiped the lipstick away from my cheek. Even on my wedding day she won’t quit fussing!
“Good luck sweetie.”
She smiled and finally she was gone.
I tucked my necklace inside my shirt and faced the window. I took in a deep breath as I closed my eyes, trying to calm my nerves. I was finally left alone in peace.
Relax Josh, everything is fine you can do this without messing up…its not like it’s the biggest day of your life or anything!
I was lost in deep thought until someone snaked their hands around my waist making me jump out of my skin, of course it was Oli.
“Oli, we’re not supposed to see each other!” I said stepping out of his hold and lightly slapping his chest.
“Oh come on, you know I don’t believe in all that nonsense.”
I couldn’t help but smile at him; his hands were back around my waist pulling me closer to his body.
“I wanted a kiss before the big show down.”
“You’re such a big kid sometimes.” I giggled.
He lent forward and kissed me long and slow, it suddenly started to get heavier and heated without either of us meaning it too. Oli’s taste could calm me from anything and within seconds I had him pinned up against the window kissing him more passionately than I ever have done before.
Fuck, I needed him so bad.
We pulled apart, gasping for air.
Oli’s thumb traced over my lips, his eyes not leaving my mouth.
“You feel better?”
“Much.” I panted, nodding my head.
“We could always have a little quickie if it will help calm you down more…”
We both giggled at the naughty suggestion, alerting us both at our hard ercetions which were pressed up firm against each others through our tuxes.
I lent my head against his and sighed.
“As much as I’ll love too… I think we should keep it traditional and wait till after we’re married.”
“You’re so old fashion for someone so young and beautiful.” He teased.
“Shh you, I just want today to be perfect.”
“And it will be.” He promised.
I gazed out of the window, feeling the smile disappear from my lips as my mind drifted else where…
“You miss him don’t you?”
“Who?”
I frowned; his question brought me back to reality and back to his beautiful eyes.
“Vic.”
I hadn’t seen or spoken to Vic in eight months…
I looked down at the ground shaking my head, linking my fingers with Oli’s.
“It doesn’t matter…”
Oli let out a little sigh.
“Love, you don’t have to pretend to me.”
I shrugged my shoulders, I wasn’t pretending, talking about Vic only made me upset and uncomfortable… it was a sensitive subject and the last thing I wanted was to talk about him on our special day.
“It’s our day, let’s not let him ruin it.”
“I better cancel my surprise then…”
“What surprise?” I frowned, looking at Oli all confused.
“Isn’t it bad luck to see each other before the wedding?”
My ears were met with a husky familiar voice, a voice which I hadn’t heard in far too long. I sprung round to see if it was really him, and there he was; standing in black trousers and converse, wearing an un ironed shirt topped with a cute little bow tie, his messy curls reached his shoulders with his classic backwards hat he always wore…he was everything I remembered.
My heart sunk, it’s been so long since I last saw him.
“Vic!” I gasped.
I was completely gobsmack to see him here, a lump formed in my throat making me speechless for words; I felt tears enter my eyes.
I looked back at Oli in complete horror, hoping he wouldn’t think I invited him… the last thing we needed was drama minutes before we walk down the aisle.
“Surprise.” Oli smiled.
My hand flew to my mouth as I let out another gasp.
He invited him here?! Relief flowed from my veins as well as other mixed emotions.
“You invited him?”
The smile grew on his lips, answering my question.
I wanted to run over and throw my arms around Vic but I managed to control myself… things weren’t like how they used to be.
“I’ll leave you two to talk…” Oli said taking a couple of steps backwards before I faced him again.
“Oli?”
“Yes?”
I was so confused, why is he leaving us alone? After everything what’s happen I was in fits of nerves, I’m so shocked that Oli is so calm and okay about this. What’s going on? Why did he invite him here, I thought he hated Vic’s guts?
The smile on his face confirmed the reason for me…he loves me and he knows more than anyone in the world how much I needed my best friend here on this day.
“Thank you.” I whispered to him.
“I’ll meet you at the alter.”
“Okay.”
“Don’t keep me waiting too long.”
I let out a little laugh.
“Course not.” I smiled back at him.
He placed a little soft kiss on my lips before heading back into the main room where our guests waited.
I was left completely alone with Vic, this could only go twos ways…
My palms began to sweat as my heart was racing with fear…I swallowed hard before turning to face him.
“I wasn’t sure if I should come…” he confessed.
“Why did you?”
“Because Oli invited me…”
“Is that all?” I managed to force out, feeling a little hurt from his answer.
“And because I missed you… but of course that still doesn’t give me the right to accept the invitation.”
I stood there unable to move from my spot, I was filled with all sorts of emotions; hate, annoyed, love, pain, neglect, happy, scared, worried, the list was never ending.
I don’t really know what to do…
It’s my wedding day for crying out loud and he’s standing right here in front of me!
“I’m so sorry Josh.”
“Don’t.”
“Please, let me apologies?” he begged.
What was the point in apologising? What’s done is done, neither of us can re live the past and change what happened. And even if he did apologies, to be honest I don’t think it will change how I feel… there were no words to describe how much he hurt me. And because of his selfish actions I’ve had to live and suffer without him for the last eight months.
“Let me say what I need to say and I’ll go.”
I glanced over at him sadly, was he really going to leave? After he made so much effort to come here?
He sighed in frustration as he struggled to find the words to apologies.
“What I did was disgusting and unforgivable and I know I don’t ever deserve your forgiveness…”
I held my tongue and continued to stare at him, waiting for him to continue.
I watched him begin to squirm and sweat, my eyes burning into him was obviously making him nervous.
“I… I thought what I did was out of love but really it was me just being a selfish repulsive cunt. I didn’t realise what I had with you was all I ever wanted…until I lost you.” He mumbled the last four words, ducking his head in shame.
“I’ve never experience so much pain, even when Claire died… it was nothing compared to losing you Josh. I should have just accepted you and Oli but I was jealous and hurt and I believed if I forced you into sleeping with me you would want me instead of him…”
I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose; I could feel the tears coming as the reminder of his story entered my mind… I don’t remember the night completely but a few days after it happen, little pieces of it came back to me… which only made me hate myself more and resented the fact that Oli still wanted to marry me.
Why is he doing this now? I don’t think I can’t bare it, its all too much to bring up now when I’m about to get married.
“Vic, please stop this… I don’t want to hear anymore.” I gritted through my teeth.
“I’m sorry.” He whispered.
I opened my eyes making them meet with his, I don’t want him running my day.
“I don’t want you here if you can’t accept us…” I said maybe abit too harshly to him.
“I do accept… I wouldn’t have come otherwise…”
I was slightly confused with his answer.
“Are you okay…being here?” I trailed off feeling awkward to ask the question.
“I’m not as sad as I thought I would be.”
“I don’t want you to be sad.”
Despite of everything, I still deeply care about him and the last thing I wanted was for him to be sad.
He bit his lip and took a step back.
“I shouldn’t have come, I’m sorry Josh, it’s your day I don’t want to ruin it… I’ll leave.”
It wasn’t until he opened the back door to leave I spoke out in panic.
“Please don’t go!”
He froze at my sudden out burst.
“Please Vic… I can’t do this on my own.”
My emotions got the better of me making me packed with fear of losing him again.
He turned to face me; tears lingering in his eyes, there were so much unspoken feelings between us… It’s been so long, I’ve only just got him back… and with Oli’s blessing too, I can’t let him leave…not now.
Words struggled to get out of my mouth; I was a nervous wreck, the last eight months I’ve pretended I didn’t need him or care but I was just kidding myself, of course I need him.
“I’m getting married…in less than five minutes, look at me I’m an absolute mess!” I started to tremble.
“Darling you’ll be okay.”
“I’m shitting myself; god knows why Oli wants to marry me!”
He rushed back to my side as he notices me begin to fall into a panic attack. It was as if the last eight months didn’t happen, he was standing inches away from my face, all past feelings of resentment had gone out the window… everything just seemed complete with Vic here.
“Because you’re perfect, that’s why.” He said softly, brushing my fringe to the side of my face.
“I’m far from it…” I blushed.
A moment of awkward silence past, I knew Vic was still madly in love with me, regardless of everything.
He ignored my negative comment and started straightening out my tie as we continued to stand in silence.
“Give me away?” I whispered.
His dark gloomy eyes looked deep into mine.
“I don’t deserve to…” he murmured, hanging his head.
“Please?”
He said nothing, dropping his hands from my tie.
“There is no one in this world who can give me away other than my best man… I need my best friend.” I chocked.
“Josh I can’t…” his lips trembled.
“Stop punishing yourself for what you did, it’s all in the past now...”
“It doesn’t matter if it’s in the past, it’s unforgivable!”
“But I forgive you.”
He looked up at me in shock.
A tear rolled down his cheek but I wiped it away with my thumb, leaving it to rest on his soft warm face as he stared at me with acceptance and sadness in his eyes.
We fell into a hug; I could feel the warmth of Vic’s skin through my tux. His smell and warmth was so comforting, I buried my face into his shoulder trying to hold back the tears which were threatening to fall… man, its been so fucking long. The hug reminded me of the first time he held me in his arms, that night I had the nightmare at his house.
It was filled with so much love and care and safety… a protector.
I felt Vic’s arms tighten around me; this hug meant a lot to both of us.
“I thought I’d never see you again.” He mumbled into my chest.
“You’re everything to me Josh.” He confessed through his tears.
I said nothing; I couldn’t without falling to pieces and crying like a baby. I stayed in his arms appreciating being back in them, he knew how much he meant to me, no words were needed.
After a moment, we pulled away from each other, clearing our throats and wiping away tears as we tried to act all manly.
Vic pulled something out from his pocket and held it out to me shyly.
“I made you a little something, I don’t know if you want it or not…”
It looked like some sort of friendship bracelet, the embroidery thread were three different shades of blue which were plated together into a striped pattern.
This was so him, probably the best present I’ve been given all day too.
“Thank you, I love it.” I smiled innocently.
Vic seemed surprise as I held out my wrist for him to place the bracelet on.
“Just thought you might need something new and blue.” He smiled back as he tied the bracelet around my wrist.
He dusted my shoulders and stepped back to have a full view look at me, to make sure I looked half decent to get married.
“Right come on, Oli is waiting for you.” Vic smiled, holding out his arm so I can link my arm around his.
This was all too perfect, my best friend giving me away to the man I love… it was beyond a dream come true.
We stood in front of the close doors and I honestly thought I was about to throw up.
“Don’t let me fall Vic.” My words were shaken.
“I’ll keep you safe.” He whispered, like he always used to say to me. As the doors opened I held on to his arm for dear life, I’ve never been so nervous I literally thought if I wasn’t holding on to him I would have fell flat on my face. My eyes refuse to leave the ground, I heard a few mumbles from our guest as me and Vic walked down the aisle.
My eyes slowly flickered up, taking a quick scan of the waiting quests. Everyone was here; Kellin and Mike, even Oskar was here, of course we weren’t gonna get married without him here, he was also dressed for the occasion, Oli got him this ridiculous doggy tux, which the poor thing probably hated but he did look as adorable as hell.
My eyes finally found Oli.
He was the most beautiful human being on this planet; I blocked everyone else out and completely focus my vision on him.
He smiled the most breathtaking smile ever, making my heart melt like butter on a hot day. I gripped tighter onto Vic’s arm, making sure I wouldn’t crumble and die at this moment.
I hadn’t realise we had came to a stop until Vic squeezed my hand, breaking me away from Oli’s eyes.
“You don’t need me to keep you safe anymore.”
I searched Vic’s eyes as he placed my hand into Oli’s.
“Oli is the one.” He smiled.
A big smile grew on my face; there was nothing I wanted to hear more than my best friend’s approval of my husband to be. Oli nodded lightly at Vic, thanking him before his eyes were back with mine.
Our vows were straightforward and traditional nothing you hadn’t heard before, but of course it was something special to us.
When our “I do’s” were spoken we were officially declared a married couple, our small audience cheering as I pulled Oli in to a big soppy wet kiss. The room was filled with smiles and laughter, nothing I could have wanted more. Oli placed his hand in mine where we walked happily down the aisle together, our guests following not far behind. I glanced over at Oli who had the most childlike smile on his face, it was all I ever wanted, this is by far the best moment of my life.

Oli took my hand and led me away from the party as the sun began to set.
“Where are we going?”
“It’s a surprise.” Oli just smiled, refusing to give anything away.
"Another one?"
“Yeah, but you have to put this on.”
He held up a napkin to my face, suggesting I had to be blindfolded. I raised an eyebrow.
“Are you serious?”
“Yes.”
I hesitated for a moment, what surprise could my newly wed husband have for me which I needed to be blindfolded?
“Trust me love.”
I gave in eventually, I could never say no to him… especially not on our wedding day.
He removed the blindfold from my eyes as I searched my surroundings; we were standing in our field, which was covered in hundreds of scented candles and flowers. God knows how he did this without me knowing and mange to keep all the candles still alight as well... it was truly a beautiful sight. In the middle of the field there was a blanket and cushions lied out on the grass, I was lost for words, everything looked so perfect.
Oli somehow scooped me up in his thin arms and managed to carry me over to the blanket without dropping me, I was smiling ear from ear it was just like a fairytale.
Flower petals were scattered over the blanket and cushions; he made everything look so romantic and traditional despite him mocking me earlier.
He pulled me into his lap and began stroking my hair.
“Do you like you’re surprise?”
“I love it.” I blushed, feeling the butterflies flutter in my stomach.
We sat in silence for a couple of minutes, admiring the beautiful scene he laid out for me. Sun set was almost over; the pink sky began to darken but the candles around us lit up our surroundings beautifully.
“I didn’t think anywhere would be more perfect than to make love to you here.” He said kissing my hair.
My heart melted; he was right, this was our special place where we shared many memories together and no one could disturb us here… no other place could be more perfect.
“It’s perfect.” I whispered.
My heart was racing, I felt incredibly nervous for some reason… I don’t know why, Oli’s my husband I shouldn’t be feeling all funny and scared like this, and that’s when I realised.
We were about to make love for the first time as a married couple.
Oli placed his finger under my chin and slowly pulled my face towards his lips, after a couple of seconds of hesitation his soft gentle lips touched mine.
Our kiss was soft and slow, every second was filled with love and warmth as he cradled my face, the butterflies in my stomach were going wild.
Oli tugged at my bottom lip gently before pulling away, he groan out lightly, my lips were begging for his again.
The second kiss became more passionate and intense, my fingers ran through his long thick hair and pulled at it the ends as little groans escaped my lips.
He pushed me back softly against the rose petal cushions and lied gently on top of me, our lips never leaving each others. We slowly began to unbutton one another’s shirts and trousers, our chemistry was a fiery blaze, every second was beyond perfection.
Oli’s lips left mine, allowing us both to catch our breath, his lips crept down to my jaw line and soon down to my neck where he kissed and bit down on, sending me into overdrive.
“Are you ready Mr FranSykes?” he breathed on my neck.
I giggled at the sound of my new last name; it sent shivers down my spine.
“I’ve never been more ready Mr FranSykes.”
Oli giggled back, refusing to leave my neck.
“I like hearing our new name.” he murmured into my skin.
He sat up, resting his arms either side of my head as he gazed down at me with nothing but love and bliss in his eyes.
“I love you.”
“I love you too.” I smiled back up at him.
He slowly reached back down to my lips and we made perfect sweet love for the first time as a happily married couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
TADA! i finally had the day off work and found the time to update, so so so sorry it took longer than usual. But i hope all my lovely readers enjoy the fluff and love in this last chapter of FranSykes! <3 i plan to write a prologue like i did in "A Heart Attack Waiting To Happen" but this is the final chapter i will ever write on Josh and Oli :( but i really hope you love this chapter and story as much as i did, im truely going to miss it... but keep an eye out for the prologue ok :) please leave comments of what you think, thankyou lovelies <3 x