Status: Weekly updates

Akatsuki Princess

Invitation

“Kamiko. Kamiko! Wake up.” I bolted upright, shaking my head to rid my eyes of any sleepiness. Kiba jumped back at my sudden movement. “I take it back. She’s not like Shikamaru at all!”
I stared at the boy for a moment before giggling. “You thought I was like Shika? As if! I could never be that lazy. I have too much energy.” My smile faltered. “How long have I been out?”
Shikamaru smirked in my direction. “About an hour or so.” He turned serious. “Be careful while training Kamiko. You don’t want to use up too much chakra. How do you feel right now?”
“I’m fine. I just didn’t sleep well last night.” I looked down and blushed. “I was kinda nervous about coming here today,” I admitted.
Kiba and Naruto snickered while Sasuke smirked. Shikamaru looked relieved. “Ok well, we were thinking of going to Ichiraku’s for dinner. You in?”
“Yeah, totally!” I smiled wide. These guys were so nice to me. I felt right at home with them.
Kiba held a hand out to me and I accepted it, letting him pull me to my feet. I followed the three boys to the restaurant. Once inside, I couldn’t stop an excited squeal. Shikamaru looked at me, but I pretended not to notice. I’d only ever been to a restaurant once in my life, so this was pretty cool!
“Hey, Choji! Shino! Fancy meeting you here,” Kiba greeted his classmates. “Why weren’t you at Sasuke’s?”
Choji shrugged not looking up from his bowl of Ramen. Shino on the other hand, simply looked at the dog-lover, giving him no response what-so-ever. “Ok, well, great seeing you guys. See you Monday! Let’s go sit over there.” Kiba ushered us over to a table.
We ordered what we wanted and got settled in our chairs. My feet didn’t quite reach the floor, so I swung them back and forth under the table. Our food finally came, and I was just about to shovel it into my mouth like Naruto was doing when a hand stopped me.
I followed the arm and glared at Shikamaru. “Don’t eat too fast, you’ll get sick,” he warned. I stared pointedly at Naruto. “He has a stomach of steal. Just trust me. You used a lot of chakra today; it can have side effects when you use so much like that.” I raised an eyebrow at him, still not saying anything. “Don’t look at me like that! I was watching you. You made like three doppelgangers a minute! And you got good at them.” I shrugged, whatever. I turned back to my ramen and ate at a normal pace.
“So guys, since it’s Friday, you wanna just sleep-over?” Sasuke addressed the boys at the table.
“Sure.”
“Sounds fun.”
“Yeah, why not.”
I looked down, suddenly finding my ramen extraordinarily interesting. I was glad I brought enough money for a weekend at a hotel. The only problem was, I hadn’t seen any hotels in Konoha. I guess I’d have to ask someone, just not one of these guys.
“Kamiko! Yo!” I snapped back to attention at Naruto’s voice. “You ok? You kinda zoned out.”
I smiled “I’m fine. Just thinking about stuff.”
He shrugged. “That’s cool. Anyway I was asking which badass gang member we get to meet.” I looked at the blond, confused. “You know, when they pick you up?”
I felt myself pale, and then immediately my face got hot. “Oh, umm, I was gonna get a hotel room.” I stared at the table as the boys’ eyes widened.
“What? Your dad is making you get a hotel.”
I looked up sheepishly. “Well, he thinks I’m spending the weekend with Hinata.” I sent an apologetic glance over to Sasuke. “I kinda don’t want Itachi to kill me.”
Sasuke nodded slowly. “Well, in that case, would you like to sleep over my house with the rest of us? Your dad doesn’t have to know and neither does Itachi.”
I couldn’t help the grin that spread across my face. I nodded vigorously. “Thank you. That would be amazing!”
“It’s the least I could do.”
“But you’re tutoring me.”
“Yeah well, that’s something that needs to be done, and I’d rather we do it than have a bunch of scary gang members help you.” I smiled. “What?”
“Nothing,” I answered. “You just remind me of someone I knew in America.” With that said, I turned back to my lunch and wolfed it down.