Red

How I Came To Be

The name is Red, it’s not my real name, but it’s the name most everybody knows me by. I’ve always had fiery attitude and a heated temper and the name didn’t catch until after my first kill. Fights usually break out between members of the pack and don’t have to end in a death, but to become and arise as the new Alpha, I had to kill the old one.

I don’t enjoy killing, and neither does my wolf, but there was always something stirring underneath my coat, sizzling and burning. The old Alpha wasn’t fit for his place, all the wolves could feel it, but none of them were strong enough to stand up to the challenge of being Alpha to such a large numbered pack. When I turned twenty-one and the moon rose high in the sky, I felt my power strengthen and surge and every wolf in the pack could feel how powerful I was. They knew I was a true Alpha, capable of protecting and defending the pack. They all gathered, creating a circle in a clearing almost in the center of our territory.

When I got there the old Alpha was in the middle, waiting for me, waiting for the fight, knowing death was waiting for him. Even though he knew his time was up, he fought hard. He had the upper hand in experience, but I had strength and a natural calling. The match lasted just under a minute when the old Alpha laid dead, his eyes staring blank.

I raised my muzzle to the sky and sang my song, the song of the Alpha. The rest of the pack joined in celebration adding their voices to my song.
And that, is how I became Alpha.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just the beginning, let me know what you think :)