You Kept My Feet to the Ground

1/1

On the inside, this teenager was livid, he couldn't believe he let himself do that, let alone agree to it. He knew he was shit at things like this and honestly didn't know why he let himself do that because he knew he would only be with him for about two days to a week before dropping it because he just didn't do relationships. Not that he was a whore or anything, no, not at all. He was still a virgin, he just has had a lot of relationships because he was desperate to not feel so lonely anymore. The teenager knew what he was getting himself into and knew he was going to hurt yet another person's feelings.

Jack Barakat, he was 15 years old and a sophomore in high school. He has dated many people, only a few working out but for only about 1 to 2 months at a time, of course he had been good friends with the people he already dated so when it was over everything just fell back into routine. Although, he bet that the 'relationship' he's in is going to end in the other crying and hating Jack forever because, let's face it, it was obvious the raven haired teenager wasn't one for commitment unless he really found the person appealing.

That was actually a really dumb reason, he was picky as fuck and sometimes questioned why he got himself into a mess of a relationship, but then he remembered how truly alone he was and just jumped from person to person. Now, it wasn't immediate person to person, he would wait a month or so then hop back into one.

Honestly, the teenager truly hated himself for this but this was how he coped with how alone he felt and it just made him feel whole.

So, when he found himself crushing majorly on the very Alex Gaskarth that he shared Science and English class with he started to internally panic. Along with the fact that currently, he has the quarterback of the football team, Zack Merrick, wrapped around his finger as he drooled over another boy. Jack would often sit in Science class in the back row, two rows and a seat away from Alex and he would just stare at the back of his perfectly straight, caramel colored hair and oh God, Jack wanted to run his fingers all throughout his hair, tug and pull as he and said boy made out to pop-punk.

Jack knew it wasn't fair to Zack, the youngest of the two thinking about another boy like this but the raven haired teenager was anything but a cheater, he will stick around to see what him and Zack become and maybe get close to Alex on the way. Hell, Jack didn't know much about his crush, he just knew that he is really fucking hot and he liked all the same things as Jack.

Sure Zack liked almost everything the younger liked, but said boy wasn't as... outgoing as Alex was and that was enough for Jack to completely fall flat on his face when he first laid eyes on Alex Gaskarth. The younger first found his crush the very day he agreed to date Zack, Alex was stumbling his way through the halls and obviously didn't know where he was going.

After hearing things from people, the younger found out that his crush was new, used to live in England, and had a small accent. After hearing all of this and actually hearing Alex talk, he was instantly hooked and was determined to know more. So in a span of 2 days, Jack learned everything that he needed to know about his crush. Birthday, interests, dislikes, those sort of things. Jack wasn't a stalker, he was literally afraid to talk to his crush, and that never happened, usually Jack is a cocky asshole with an attitude to match it and had a high level of confidence, but Alex made him weak at the knees which is something nobody had done before.

Jack knew he was still staring at Alex while the teacher droned on about shit Jack just didn't care about, so when his crush turned around and locked eyes with him, all the younger could think was shit he's so attractive, shit he's fucking looking at me, do I panic? What do I do? Wait, am I blushing? Ah shit, so instead of panicking any further, he just ducked his head down and trying to make the hotness on his face disappear.

Jack never blushed and he was sure as hell freaking the fuck out. He didn't know his crush had this much affect on him, it was just a petty crush and another broken heart to add to the list of names right?

He sure as hell hoped so.

---

It was about three weeks and one just recently dumped Zachary Merrick later, the raven haired teenager decided that enough was enough and he was going to talk to Alex. He couldn't believe he was still drooling over the boy from England, the one with the strange accent, beautiful face, deep honey eyes, and God that voice. Jack has never wanted somebody as much as he wanted the English boy, it was almost a foreign feeling to him because usually all he could feel was the dull ache of loneliness.

All the thoughts vanished when he walked into his science class, the seats were rearranged and Jack had to sit next to Alex from now on, of course this made the teenager feel fidgety because Alex Gaskarth was right fucking there. Luckily, they got along pretty easily, usually not paying one hint of attention and sharing jokes and stories between the two. Alex was outgoing sure, but he wasn't all that well liked so he soon grew attached to Jack's side and honestly the younger didn't plan on letting him leave this weird friendship that revolved around all the shameless flirting and wandering eyes.

Their 'friendship' was a weird one, without a doubt. Jack wouldn't hold his best friend's hands, sit on their lap or vice versa, let them stay over whenever they please, and actually talk about their problems with one another. Usually, Jack was kind of emotionless with other people but with Alex he just felt.. different, the good kind and he wanted Alex to stay with him for ever.

When it hit three months of being back in school and hanging with Alex all the time, their weird friendship took a sharp left turn. They were up in Jack's room when Alex caught the younger's attention with a small whisper of his name and when he turned his head to look in his crush's direction, the English boy's face was already in close proximity of Jack. Before he could get a chance to lean back a bit, Alex's lips were crashing against his. After the obvious initial shock and the fleeting thought of are you fucking serious? Holy shit holy shit holy shit he was kissing back with the right amount of force. Honestly, the younger didn't know how long the kiss lasted, but all he could really piece together was Alex softly giggling in front of him as he pulled their lips back together again.

Definitely more than just friends.

---

It was four years later when Jack realized how important Alex was to him. They've been a couple ever since the English boy kissed him in his room, plus the elder was the first to hold down the needy teenager and everybody was equally shocked and surprised. They all knew that the teenager couldn't be held down for long before he found a new target, but Alex had held him down and didn't plan on letting him free, Jack didn't want to be set free either. All he wanted was the elder and when time flew by for them, graduation happened, waiting for acceptance of letters for college, and long days of work filled with going to college and getting lectured for hours on end, they were adults and they lived together. Still in that sickeningly sweet honeymoon phase that they haven't brushed off since they started dating.

Of course, Jack still had a few friends from high school, always wondering if Alex had packed his bags and finally left but after the mark of their two year relationship, they stopped asking because it was obvious they were inseparable and so deeply in love, if you were to get in the middle of them and separate them, they would be so lost without the other before doing whatever they could to get to each other.

Jack was head over heels in love with the English boy and he still couldn't get enough of Alex, the younger knew that his other felt exactly the same and could see a bright future that was in store for them. Getting married, adopting kids, watching their kids grow up, watch their kids get their own kids, and finally die living a long life full of pure, raw love.

Jack just hoped his future kids tell their significant other that they loved them in a more romantic way than he did himself. He remembered it all.

*Two years ago*

It was the mark of their one year and three month relationship and just to celebrate, they were grinding fiercely against one another, just dying for some more friction as they kissed heavily. Once both boys broke away, still grinding against each other was when Jack grasped Alex's hand in his and groaned out a low I love you before reattaching their lips. He felt Alex tense for a moment before detaching their lips and resting his forehead on Jack's and whispered a husky response of an I love you too, before getting lost in the friction of their jeans.

*End flashback*

He really hoped it was better than that. Jack had never felt true love before and when it came to Alex, loving him came easy. Everything with Alex came easy and the younger had loved every fiber of his being and he knew his love felt exactly the same and he always will be.