Shadows

The Beginning and A New Acquaintance

Uhm... Where are its eyes?! How can it see?! Can it even see at all?! The black figure slowly lifted its head to face me directly. This thing really does look scary... It had skin/muscle that seemed to be healed over where its eyes should be like it wasn't even meant to have eyes. It had no lips or a nose either. Just muscle that faded into its gums and over where you'd expect at least slits for its nose to be. Its teeth were huge... bigger than those dagger-like claws on its feet. They had to be as big as a large kitchen knife each at least... There were only sharp teeth and no molars... so it only eats meat… great. Each tooth was fat and long and extremely sharp looking. It probably had 10 large spike-teeth on the top and 10 on the lower jaw... yeah, that's how big they were... only 20 teeth filled up all the space in his large jaws. Since it apparently didn't have any skin, it didn't really have any cheeks either so there were two large holes on either side of its face were its rows of teeth ended. It seemed so calm... yeah it had kind of a scary appearance but what was Dawn talking about when she said it didn't look too friendly? It didn't look aggressive either, despite its large dull grey teeth shining in the sunlight. It was acting like a dog, really... seriously, what is this thing?
Suddenly, the creature let out a low growl and stretched up a spiky paw to reach halfway up the tree's trunk. It reached its other spiky paw up and heaved itself up the trunk of the tree through the entrance of our small shelter... its face now only inches from mine. It moved so fast that I didn't have time to react so it got too close for comfort. I felt my eyes grow wide as I toss myself backwards away from the creature and into the wall behind me now on the opposite side of the room as my sisters. Great... now this creature is blocking my way to get to them. It heaved itself through the small entrance and suddenly stopped and turned its head to face its wide waist that kept it in place halfway in the entrance and halfway out. It seemed to remain calm as it gave another careless attempt to get unstuck from the hole in the wood. I looked over to see my sisters still huddled close together, now all in tears at the sight of the monster before us. Genesis was holding Dawn and Kimi close to her while continuing to stare wide-eyed at the monster. Kimi looked like she was about to scream her head off and fat tears poured out of Dawn's wide eyes with her jaw dropped to the floor. They were all whimpering and trembling in each other’s arms. Seeing as the creature was still stuck, I saw it as an opportunity to run to my sisters. I stood up but only took one step forward when something else had stopped me.
“Genesis! Move!” I screamed at her as another large black figure appeared in the window just above her head. She looked up and screamed as she scrambled to get away with Kimi and Dawn. They scooted only three feet away since a small table blocked their way. In one swift movement, the second mysterious creature swooped in from the window to have its full body now in the tree house. The window was fairly large so it didn’t get stuck like the first one. I studied the figure. This one looked more human. It had the body of a full grown man and it was built… really built. It didn’t appear to have skin either so every movement of its muscles were easy to see. Its legs were weird… they were like a human’s… sort of. Its thighs ended at its knees that bent like a humans and its calves were human looking too, but its feet were animalistic. They looked like giant clawed paws like the first creature’s, but it was balancing on its toes with its heels in the air. This second creature also had a tail that looked similar to the first only a few feet shorter. Its hands looked human only its fingers were long claws. Its face was also human like but it didn’t have lips or a nose either. Or ears. Two large ribbed ram horns stuck out of the side of its skull and curled inward, but stuck forward to point in front of its face.
It also seemed to be aggressive.
It lifted its foot to take a step toward the girls but when it did, the first creature started to flip shit. It let out a low loud growl and started to squirm about. It reached one of its paws towards the second creature and dug its claws into the wood floor leaving large claw marks. The second creature just looked at it and did nothing as if it knew it wouldn’t escape anytime soon. It looked back at the girls and continued towards them. Kimi was screaming her head off and Dawn seemed to be in total shock. Genesis was looking around the tree house for another option for escape but with no luck. The creature crouched in front of them and reached out its hand towards Dawn. It grabbed her wrist and quickly yanked her back and dug a claw from its other hand into the dip of her collar bone. The skin around the area quickly turned into a blackish blue color and she immediately passed out. The creature tossed her limp body behind it and reached for Kimi. She tried to get up and run but it managed to get a hold of her shirt and yank her down. It did the same thing to her and it did with Dawn. He tossed her body next to Dawn’s and started to reach for Genesis to do the same thing. Before it was able to get close to her, Genesis had already got up and tried to make a run for it to the window behind the monster. It whirled around and grabbed her ankle and yanked her down hard causing her to hit her head on the edge of the window. She went limp but the creature stabbed her throat anyway and tossed her next to Kimi and Dawn. It went over and gathered the girls in its arms and began to stand up.
Suddenly, the first monster let out a loud roar and ripped through the wood that made the entrance. It lunged itself at the second creature with its claws spread apart like it was ready to dig them into its flesh. Just as it got close, it disappeared… with my sisters. Thin black smoke was swirling around the spot where they had vanished and the first creature landed right in that spot. It lifted a paw and slammed it down on the floor with a loud thud as it let out a weird raspy roar that was mostly a hiss. It was growling while circling the spot the other creature had disappeared when it suddenly stopped and snapped its head up to look at me.
That’s when I realized I was still frozen in the spot I was in earlier, standing and shaking a little. It suddenly seemed to calm down when it saw me and slowly walked towards me. I didn’t know what to do. I was still trying to process all that had just happened and suddenly I felt light headed. I dropped to my knees on the floor and the creature stopped in front of me. I heard a low soft growl come from it and I looked up only to see its face barely an inch away from mine. This thing really needs to learn what “personal space” is… I jumped back and my back slammed into the wall behind me. The monster sat down and cocked its head slightly to one side. Then I heard this weird noise that sounded like it was coming from the creature but it was hard to tell… the noise came in a rush and I realized it sounded like many people whispering, both men and women. Then one voice became clear while the others became quieter. It was a man’s voice.
“Are you hurt?” … huh? I looked at the creature who was still sitting there looking at me with its tail now swaying casually from side to side. Uhm…
“Your name is Damien, correct?” the voice said again, the other voices still whispering words that I couldn’t make out. Wait, can that thing talk?!
“Huh?” I said almost squeaking. “Are… you talking… to me? Y-you can talk? What are you?” my voice grew louder and clearer with each question. I needed to know what was going on. I need to know what happened to my sisters
I heard a light chuckle. “Yes I can talk and yes I am indeed talking to you.” He said sounding calm but slightly amused at how frantic I was being. “It’s hard to explain what I am since my people have many different names. The most common and most know one is “demons”.” Wait… demons?!
“You’re a demon?! Will you hurt me?! Are you gonna steal my soul and eat my flesh?! Why are you here?! What do you want?!” Okay, so I think the idea of “aliens” doesn’t sound too bad right now. I would have been okay if he said his people were an alien race that humans have yet to discover but demons?! No… no no no. Just… no
“Please, calm down. If you get too excited you may pass out and I’m not exactly fond of the idea of having to look after an ill human. Yes, I’m a demon, but no I do not intend to hurt you. Steal your soul? Well I won’t but I can’t guarantee that others of my kind won’t. Although human flesh is basically our main diet, I’m not the least bit interested in yours.” He answered my questions in order as if he were expecting them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this chapter sucks too D: i'm making everything up as i go along so it may not be the best but i'm having fun writing this ^_^ not sure how many people are reading this but i'm gonna continue it anyway cuz i can :D