Status: done

Samamnthia

New Home, New Life

Samanthia sat watching the dirt road that led into the forest where she had been left to wait for the horse drawn carriage. Once it got there she would be off to her new life as a witch. At first she didn’t know how to react to the news about being left beside the road but after she learned the reason, she didn’t mind it so much. She had only found out a few moments ago that she was a witch. She had not minded because she had always liked witch craft, especially the Wiccan arts. As a young child she had always pretended to be a witch and now that she was one she didn’t mind being one. At long last Samanthia saw the horse drawn carriage speeding towards her. She could sense the driver was nervous but determined. She knew how he felt. She was nervous and still a little excited from the news of finding out that she was a witch and that it ran in her family starting centuries ago with her grandmother than to her mother. Special blood ran all along the family blood line. Even her father had a background in witch craft. The driver pulled to a complete stop and looked at Samanthia. “Are you Samanthia, or Sam?” “Yes”, she answered him. “Well then get in and let’s go”. She didn’t think that she could talk to the driver while he was driving so she just sat and thought.
She thought about all that she had learned about the family history all the way to the location of the secret coven. Now that she wasn't that far away, she could see the witches lounging in the areas praying and worshipping to the gods. The temples were huge and made especially for the god it was to represent. Upon entering the town, Sam felt a change inside her. She felt as if she had been away from home a long time and just returning. As they went through the old village, the feeling of believing she was home grew stronger. Too soon they pulled up to the grandest temple in the village. Sam knew that this must be the temple of which the high priestess lived. She jumped out the side door of the carriage, "Thank you. Blessed be”, Samanthia said. “Blessed be" the driver, who was clearly human, mumbled back. Now that she paid attention to it, there were many humans here. All were working though. As she entered the temple, she decided that she couldn't wait to meet her mentor. Anastasia was a beautiful witch. She was also the high priestess. You could tell without a doubt that the gods had blessed her. You could tell from her power that she was an older witch but none the less still beautiful. "Blessed be, Samanthia. Welcome to our coven", the high priestess greeted her. “Blessed be, high priestess. How did you know my name?" Samanthia asked curiously. “I know all the names of the new witches who join our coven every few years. Yours I had to remember especially because I am your mentor.” Anastasia replied. Samanthia didn't know how to respond to such news. She was nothing special. How did she manage to get the high priestess as her mentor? As if the high priestess could read her mind, she answered Sam's question. "You got me as your mentor because, even though you may not believe it, you are special. The gods have granted me with a special power. I have the ability to read minds. That’s how I was able to answer your question without you asking it. Well you might as well go and get settled in. You have a very long few weeks ahead of you." Just as Sam was about to turn to leave, the high priestess spoke again. "Oh I almost forgot, you are going to be the new high priestess so along with your other responsibilities you will be in training to be the new high priestess." "Priestess, if you don't mind my asking, if you are the high priestess, why do we need another?” Samanthia asked. Anastasia's answer was simple, “I am simply getting old my darling. I cannot rule over the coven much longer. Soon I will be with the gods." Sam was about to leave when she remembered her manners. "Oh ok. Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again priestess." “Merry meet, merry part, and merry meet again Samanthia", Anastasia replied.
Sam went off to find the place where she was supposed to stay which was then tiny cabin at the edge of the town. But which edge of the town it was at she didn't know. All the while she was thinking of where it was at, she bumped into one of the human workers. "I'm so sorry; wasn't looking where I was", she stopped and lost all ability to speak as she finally looked up and seen the human in which she had ran into to. He was then most beautiful person she had ever seen. He had walnut colored skin witch dark wavy hair and bright blue eyes. “Going," she finally finished her sentence. "You alright there?" He asked. He had a faint accent but she couldn't quite place what it was. "Yeah, I'm fine", she answered. "Now you watch out where you’re going can't have you getting hurt. A girl like you is too pretty to be getting hurt", he winked at her and then went back to work. She was so dumbstruck by then wink and then comment that at first she just stood there and watched him walk away, then she finally came to her senses and bolted to the nearest edge of the forest and was happy to find her little cabin there. Sam found that the next few weeks were fully booked and she had no time to herself. She also found that it was easier to do things when she cleared her mind. She could clear her mind of everything but the young man she had bumped into the other day. Somehow he had worked his way into her mind and wouldn't get out. After her first two months with the coven, Sam started to get time for herself again. During this the time she had to herself, she would go and find out all she could about the worker. Sam found out that was twenty just the same as her. She also found that his name was Andy and that he was single and that he liked her. She was thrilled by the news. That was the thing about Sam. She had two weaknesses and five strengths. Her weaknesses were emotion and kindness. It didn't matter what it was when it came to emotion and kindness, Sam was hooked. She could never turn away from it. Her strengths were for one, she had an affinity for death and life. She could take or give life or even control it. This affinity was controlled by old magick so she was able to have old magick as strength as well. With this affinity came immortality. Along with immortality, she had confidence and was independent. This along with all of her other abilities made her then most powerful witch there ever was. She had been dearly blessed by the gods and everyone loved her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoy.