Status: Completed.

All My Heart

Jealousy

5th November 2012
Weybridge, Surrey


"You never have time for me anymore!"

"That's such a fucking lie, I always have time for you!"

"Doesn't seem like it." Dan snorted, running his hands through his hair. "Lately it's been James this, James that."

"Jesus, Dan. Am I not allowed to be happy with anyone else, other than you?!" Aria yelled.

"Oh so now only your fucking boyfriend can make you happy? What? Is he gonna start banning you from hanging out with me next?"

"What the fuck is your problem?!"

"My problem is that you've turned into a right bitch! You've turned into one of those people that we make fun of - the ones that make their whole life revolve around their boyfriend!"

Aria let out a humourless laugh. "Oh, so just because I've actually got myself a boyfriend, I'm a bitch. Right, that makes sense. Considering that amount of whores that you've fucked. It's totally fair."

Dan sighed tiredly. "That's not what I meant."

"Yes," she spat. "It is."

"You know it isn't."

"I don't know anything, anymore." Aria shook her head. "I came over because I just wanted a normal movie night with my best mate, but apparently that's too much to ask for. So I'm sorry. I'll show myself out."

With that, she picked up her purse that she'd only just sat down, making a move to pull on her coat as she moved to the front door. She ignored Dan's calls from behind her, instead opting to mumbled profanities under her breath.

A hand caught her wrist, tugging her back into a firm chest. Arms immediately roped themselves around her shoulders, hugging her tightly from behind.

"Let me go."

"I'm sorry, okay?" Dan spoke. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that."

"Then why say it in the first place?" Aria bit back, trying to tug herself out of Dan's grip, though unsuccessful, considering their strength differences.

"I -"

"Save it, Dan." She shook her head, tugging herself free.

But of course, Dan was faster and a hell of a lot stronger than her, so he caught her before she could be a little Speedy Gonzales and make her exit. He wrapped his arms around her again, spinning her around before he pulled her tight against his chest. Dan nuzzled his nose in the crook of Aria's neck, bravely sponging a kiss to the exposed skin even though he knew that she was so mad at him.

"I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. You're not a bitch. You're not even anywhere remotely close to one. I just," he sighed, pulling away to stare at the ground, instead. "I'm jealous, okay? I've never liked sharing and I guess it's no different with people." He managed a weak smile towards the female whose expression was still expressionless.

"I'm not a piece of fucking property, Daniel." Aria spat, making Dan wince at the harsh use of his full name, letting her rip herself out of his grip. "If you 'don't like sharing' then what? I'm just supposed to sit here and be your best mate and watch you shag a hundred different girls? How the fucking hell is that fair?"

Dan shook his head instantly. "It's not fair and I'm very sorry for saying that you're a bitch and I - I just," another sigh. "I love you, okay? You're my best friend in the whole entire world and I don't want you to get hurt by some guy."

"Pot calling the kettle black." She snorted.

Dan smiled weakly. "Exactly. I don't want a guy to do to you what I do to the women I sleep with. I'm not particularly proud about how I treat most women but, I, you know..." He trailed off with a shrug of his shoulder.

In truth, even he didn't know why he just slept with women and then left them waiting. It was just... Routine. If he called a women after he'd slept with them, they would assume that he wanted a relationship. He didn't want a relationship.

"I'm sorry for being a jealous and hypercritical twat. Please don't be mad at me."

"You're right about being a twat."

Dan nodded eagerly. "Yeah. The biggest twat on Earth."

Aria cracked a smile, shaking her head in amusement. "The biggest twat on Earth who happens to be my best friend in the whole entire universe."

"I love you." Dan laughed lightly, pulling her into a hug as he kissed her hair.

"Yeah, yeah." She mumbled into his chest, winding her arms around his waist. "Love you, too, you fucking knob head."


***

19th April 2013
Charlotte, NC


Dan felt his jaw clench irritably as he watched Aria and Alex Gaskarth interact on the stage. All Time Low were doing their soundcheck and Aria was sat at the end of the stage, getting serenaded by Alex at any chance he could get – a.k.a. at practically every song they were soundcheck-ing/practicing.

He tried to tell himself that he wasn't jealous of the pair since he could clearly see that Aria was enjoying herself. He tried, oh he tried, but he failed. He was jealous. So, so, so fucking jealous.

Dan hated how happy she looked - as asshole-ish as that sounded. Dan hated how Alex and Aria seemed to have a nice ring to it. Dan hated how they seemed to be getting on as easy as Dan and Aria did. Dan hated how he was getting so incredibly jealous, and how he could do nothing about it.

Aria laughed adorably before swatting Alex's shoulder lightly, making him let out a hearty laugh as he latched onto her hand, pulling her up to her feet. The other members of All Time Low smiled at the pair, continuing on with the playing of their instruments while the guitar tech went and took Alex's guitar from him with a smirk on his face. Alex grinned charmingly over at Aria, mock-bowing halfway to the floor as she curtsied back at him.

With another laugh from both of them, they begun ballroom dancing – albeit, really badly – while their background music came in the form of Somewhere in Neverland. It wasn't exactly ballroom dancing music but they were only dancing for the hell of it with exaggerated moves and all, so it really didn't matter.

And though he could clearly see that Aria was enjoying herself, Dan wanted so desperately to just pull her away from the brown-haired singer.

Taking a deep breath in, Dan basically stomped his way back into the band's dressing room, grabbing a can of beer that was set out on the table before he slumped down onto the couch. There wasn't anyone in the dressing room, and for that he was glad. He didn't want to have to explain why he felt like ripping Alex's head off of his body. True, it was a rather drastic – and violent – reaction that resulted from jealousy, but it didn't change anything.

"Fucking hell, Ari. What are you doing to me." He mumbled to himself, shaking his head as he took a gulp from his can of beer, tipping his head back with a loud groan once he'd swallowed the liquid.

He didn't think that the whole realisation of him being in love with his best friend was going to change anything. He thought that he'd just have to wait for her to seem ready for something like that and he'd confess and they'd live happily ever after.

But of course, Alex fucking Gaskarth had to swoop in and be all charming and shit with his stupid good looks and stupid charm and stupid everything.

Dan had never ever hated a tour mate as much as he currently hated the frontman of the Baltimore band.

The worst part had to be that Dan knew that Alex was a top bloke. He was kind, humble, caring, compassionate, and he was just basically a proper gentlemen. He was good.

Dan blew out a long sigh, closing his eyes as he brought the metal can up to his lips once more.

"What are you sighing about?"

Dan spluttered a bit, cracking his eyes open and smiling weakly at the girl that was constantly on his mind as he let the liquid slide down his throat. "Nothing. What's up?"

Aria raised an eyebrow, walking into the room as she shot him a look. "Nothing much. What's up with you?"

"Nothing much." He repeated.

"Dan." Aria deadpanned.

"Ari." He mocked.

"Really?"

Dan chuckled lightly. "What?"

"You're obviously upset over something, so come on. Tell me what's on your mind, young one."

"I'm older than you." He shot her a flat look.

She waved him off with a hand, smirking a bit. "Details, details." Aria moved to sit next to him on the couch, nudging him with her elbow gently. "You okay?" She asked, concern colouring her tone.

"I'm fine." Dan smiled, moving his arm so that he could wrap it around her shoulders and pull her into him. "So where've you been all day? I haven't seen you since we reached the venue." He commented casually.

Aria shrugged lightly. "Been chilling with the ATL dudes. They're really nice."

Dan tensed. "Yeah. Really nice." Dan spat bitterly.

The young woman pulled away, frowning as she eyed him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Daniel. Don't lie to me."

"I'm not."

Aria shot him a look and he merely raised an eyebrow back at her, taking another gulp from his beer can. She sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "They're not going to hurt me like he did, if that's what you're freaking out about."

Dan jaw clenched. "Sure."

She sighed again. "What is it? Just tell me, Dan."

Dan stayed silent, keeping his eyes away from her face, because he knew that if he looked at her – he'd either end up a) telling her about how he was insanely jealous and irrevocably in love with her, or b) kissing her.

"Is this about me hanging out with them, or something?" She tried.

"Just with Alex." He mumbled to himself, though, unfortunately for him, she heard what he'd said.

"What's wrong with Alex? He's a nice lad." She frowned in confusion.

Dan let out a short, humourless laugh. "Oh, yeah. The nicest." He drawled out sarcastically.

Aria's frown deepened. "What's wrong?" She asked again.

"Nothing." He immediately bit back, earning a gentle smack to the back of his head. He winced at the sudden hit, not because of the pain, before he narrowed his eyes over at the girl who was giving him a look that clearly said 'do I look stupid to you?'.

"It's just – I saw you and Alex all flirty and stuff, and I –" he sighed. "I d-don't –" he gulped this time, shaking his head. "I don't want you to get hurt again."

"Is this really just about you being your protective self?" She drawled out.

Dan rolled his eyes. "Well, sorry for not wanting my best friend to get hurt." He snapped, before blowing out a breath and shutting his eyes.

Aria gently cup his cheek, using her thumb to rub small circles on his skin. He instantly relaxed from her touch, opening his eyes only when he felt her lean her forehead against his own.

"Look. I appreciate you being a protective idiot, I really do. I know it may not seem like it, but I'm really, really glad that you're looking out for me. And if you're afraid that I'll ditch you for the rest of the tour or something to hang out and supposedly flirt with Alex, then you should know that you're my best mate. You're the reason I'm even out on this tour in the first place."

Dan managed a small smile, drawing away to gently kiss her forehead and pull her smaller body into his own, cuddling her with one arm. "I love you, to the stars and above."

"I love you, to the moon and back." She mumbled into his chest, making his heart rate quicken just the slightest bit.

If only she knew how much he really meant those words.

"Oh and about your whole jealousy thing –"

"I wasn't jealous." Dan immediately cut her off.

"Whatever." She chuckled. "But as I was saying, about the whole you being jealous because of my supposed flirting with Alex – I don't know why you'd be jealous though –"

"I wasn't jealous." Dan repeated in an annoyed tone, though he found himself getting slightly worried. If she found out that he was jealous, she'd eventually figure out that he was in love with her. There were only two outcomes that would result if she found out before he told her. The first one would be where she'd be pissed and then leave him, as a potential girlfriend and as his lifelong best friend. The second one would be that she'd be feeling the same way and that they'd, well, live happily ever after.

"– I was giving Alex advice." She continued, like he'd never interrupted her.

"Advice on what?" Dan asked curiously.

Aria tilted her head up, a smirk on her pretty features. "On how he was supposed to propose to Riley. You know. His girlfriend-slash-soon-to-be fiancée, if all goes well."

Dan was silent then, his cheeks turning pink. "Oh."

Aria let out a laugh, shaking her head in amusement as Dan scowled at her, pulling her back into his chest. He faintly heard her mumble of "jealous for no fucking reason" under her breath, but he didn't respond to it, merely because he had other things on his mind.

Other things like how he couldn't wait till the day that he'd be able to be the one proposing to the one person who held his heart and soul – the one currently cuddled up in his arms. He couldn't fucking wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Riley is from my first fanfic: Paint You Wings 'cause I started this while I was halfway through that.**

sorry for the wait! school's a pain in the ass. anyone mind giving me tutoring sessions for digital fundamentals? :')

Thank you for the comments:
TheOnlyException;
Theonlyonetoknow
thejagrafess
Don Broco
heatherlight


:)

thank you for reading, recommending, subscribing and commenting!

and go follow my tumblr if you want to hehehe